She's Not Just Priti

Birdbrain

Birdbrain - 2019-10-18 6:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-18 6:19 PM

Well I really cant be arsed explaining but a couple of things spring to mind.

Take her stance on immigration. Her parents, moved from Uganda to Britain in the 60s,before Idi Amin came to power and announced he would expel Ugandan Asians. Despite this country giving her parents sanctuary she was massively against immigration during the referendum She blamed immigrants for British children missing out on their first choice of school. The real culprit being her own party which failed to provide enough school places.

She was massively against offering safe harbour for Syrian refugee children and voted against it. Made herself look barmy on Question time banging on about the return of the death penalty. She has a long record on being "pretty" regressive on a lot of social issues and is also a homophobe and against same sex marriage. Shes a bit of young version of that other vile creature. Widicombe.

So where has she said or even indicated she's against immigration in all its shapes and forms ??? You dont live in an immigrant area Barry and you aint a parent so how the hell do you know anything about the allocation of school places especially in high immigrant areas other than what you read on the internet ??? The death penalty is something many on differing political sides believe in so I can only presume they are barmy n'all ??? Und I dont agree with same sex marriage but I have homosexual friends and family that are homosexual who I love dearly so how does that make me homophobic ??? ... Once again your full of it

I never said you were Homophobic, I said she was. Anyway I thought you had "come out" recently.

Take her stance on immigration. Her parents, moved from Uganda to Britain in the 60s,before Idi Amin came to power and announced he would expel Ugandan Asians. Despite this country giving her parents sanctuary she was massively against immigration during the referendum She blamed immigrants for British children missing out on their first choice of school. The real culprit being her own party which failed to provide enough school places.

She was massively against offering safe harbour for Syrian refugee children and voted against it. Made herself look barmy on Question time banging on about the return of the death penalty. She has a long record on being "pretty" regressive on a lot of social issues and is also a homophobe and against same sex marriage. Shes a bit of young version of that other vile creature. Widicombe.

So where has she said or even indicated she's against immigration in all its shapes and forms ???

Priti Patel generally voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24778/priti_patel/witham/divisions?policy=6764

Priti Patel generally voted against more EU integration

Priti Patel voted against guaranteeing EU derived rights, and the potential to acquire residency rights, for EU and EEA citizens legally resident in the UK.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24778/priti_patel/witham/divisions?policy=1065

In short, she doesn't want immigrants to benefit from what her parents enjoyed and gave her her privileged life.....a typically selfish "i'm alright Jack" attitude made even worse and thoughtless given her parentage.

As this young man and son of an Indian immigrant explains who was too young to vote in the referendum;

As the son of an immigrant, I know Priti Patel is telling you lies about free movement after Brexit

Priti Patel, our new home secretary, was rapturously received at Conservative Party conference this week as she triumphantly announced Tory plans to end free movement of people. As the audience whooped at her plans to rip our freedoms from us, she declared that, as a daughter of immigrants, she needed no lectures from the "north London metropolitan liberal elite" to say otherwise.

This son of an immigrant does say otherwise.

Patel is in many ways to be admired: she has risen to become our first Indian-origin home secretary and has dealt with racism and prejudice, within her party and beyond. Yet she has bought into, and now sells on, two great lies.

The first is that freedom of movement of people is something to be mocked, attacked and abolished, based on the myth that the freedom only works one way: against the UK. It is the Brexiteer falsehood, peddled by Boris Johnson and much of his new cabinet, that freedom of movement means millions of workshy immigrants pouring into a borderless Britain unable to keep them out. It fails to recognise two key facts: the first is that European freedom of movement is, of course, merely the freedom to seek and take a job (or live off your own resources) in another European country. The second is that it is a vital freedom for British people too — to work, love, and live across Europe.

I am the son of a woman from India, who lives in London and has worked in Amsterdam. I am here today because of Britain’s openness and Europe’s freedom of movement. Patel’s plan is to seize that freedom from me, my generation, and those who were too young even to vote in the Brexit referendum that she claims gives her the mandate to do so.

The second great lie, used to alarming effect in the British Indian community during the stormy days of the referendum campaign, is that ending European freedom of movement will allow a suddenly "global Britain" to welcome engineers from India, academics from Australia and scientists from Sri Lanka. As Patel knows, it is not and has never been the EU that prevents us doing so. Her department’s latest attempts to deport a junior doctor born in Taiwan were nothing to do with the EU either.

British Asians, and the rest of the country, were sold a lie.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/priti-patel-brexit-free-movement-europe-australia-points-based-immigration-a9135491.html

Birdbrain - 2019-10-18 7:27 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-18 7:12 PM

I can’t keep describing the same event.

Jesus Christ this is like going to the dentist ... So I presume she's vile because she smirked ??? ... Is that it ??? ... A simple yes or no will suffice

I thought that was obvious.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-18 8:57 PM

So where has she said or even indicated she's against immigration in all its shapes and forms ???

Priti Patel generally voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24778/priti_patel/witham/divisions?policy=6764

Priti Patel voted against guaranteeing EU derived rights, and the potential to acquire residency rights, for EU and EEA citizens legally resident in the UK.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24778/priti_patel/witham/divisions?policy=1065

In short, she doesn't want immigrants to benefit from what her parents enjoyed and gave her her privileged life.....a typically selfish "i'm alright Jack" attitude made even worse and thoughtless given her parentage.

As this young man and son of an Indian immigrant explains who was too young to vote in the referendum;

As the son of an immigrant, I know Priti Patel is telling you lies about free movement after Brexit

Priti Patel, our new home secretary, was rapturously received at Conservative Party conference this week as she triumphantly announced Tory plans to end free movement of people. As the audience whooped at her plans to rip our freedoms from us, she declared that, as a daughter of immigrants, she needed no lectures from the "north London metropolitan liberal elite" to say otherwise.

Patel is in many ways to be admired: she has risen to become our first Indian-origin home secretary and has dealt with racism and prejudice, within her party and beyond. Yet she has bought into, and now sells on, two great lies.

The first is that freedom of movement of people is something to be mocked, attacked and abolished, based on the myth that the freedom only works one way: against the UK. It is the Brexiteer falsehood, peddled by Boris Johnson and much of his new cabinet, that freedom of movement means millions of workshy immigrants pouring into a borderless Britain unable to keep them out. It fails to recognise two key facts: the first is that European freedom of movement is, of course, merely the freedom to seek and take a job (or live off your own resources) in another European country. The second is that it is a vital freedom for British people too — to work, love, and live across Europe.

I am the son of a woman from India, who lives in London and has worked in Amsterdam. I am here today because of Britain’s openness and Europe’s freedom of movement. Patel’s plan is to seize that freedom from me, my generation, and those who were too young even to vote in the Brexit referendum that she claims gives her the mandate to do so.

The second great lie, used to alarming effect in the British Indian community during the stormy days of the referendum campaign, is that ending European freedom of movement will allow a suddenly "global Britain" to welcome engineers from India, academics from Australia and scientists from Sri Lanka. As Patel knows, it is not and has never been the EU that prevents us doing so. Her department’s latest attempts to deport a junior doctor born in Taiwan were nothing to do with the EU either.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/priti-patel-brexit-free-movement-europe-australia-points-based-immigration-a9135491.html

Yes thats right ... A woman who doesnt want immigration ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7566533/Home-Secretary-Priti-Patels-migrant-points-plan-help-boost-northern-economy.html ... Silly hateful boys ... Do you know the meaning of the word "generally" that youve used in your drab hate post ???

Birdbrain - 2019-10-19 7:53 AM

Yes thats right ... A woman who doesnt want immigration ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7566533/Home-Secretary-Priti-Patels-migrant-points-plan-help-boost-northern-economy.html ... Silly hateful boys ... Do you know the meaning of the word "generally" that youve used in your drab hate post ???

What is hateful in these set of facts.

jumpstart - 2019-10-19 11:09 AM

What is hateful in these set of facts.

Any posts aimed at me from that old member are filled with hate given the vile unfounded names he constantly spews my way ... I have asked many times for proof of those hate filled names but never , not once has any been provided so if that isnt hate I dont know what is , but hey he gets away with it ... Your prolly unaware of just how far his dislike towards me in the past has taken him , its something I still find upsetting to this day and tightened security up at my home on the back of it ... Regards

Idiot......if you'd bothered to look at the link you would have seen that's the term they use on the website, not me. It's definition is very clear....it means in most cases or usually. Your continual accusations of hate and hater is totally laughable too as you spend your time on here spreading nothing but hatred then screech 'haters' about any not in line with your extreme views. Quite childish but a known ploy by trouble makers on forums.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-19 3:32 PM

Your continual accusations of hate and hater is totally laughable too as you spend your time on here spreading nothing but hatred then screech 'haters' about any not in line with your extreme views. Quite childish but a known ploy by trouble makers on forums.

Did Bullet just tripe that? 8-) ...........

He did didn't he (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Bulletguy - 2019-10-19 3:32 PM

Idiot......if you'd bothered to look at the link you would have seen that's the term they use on the website, not me. It's definition is very clear....it means in most cases or usually. Your continual accusations of hate and hater is totally laughable too as you spend your time on here spreading nothing but hatred then screech 'haters' about any not in line with your extreme views. Quite childish but a known ploy by trouble makers on forums.

Exactly dumdum ... If she's against immigration like you and your hater monkey claim that word "generally" wouldnt be in the piece would it as she would just vote against immigration ... Try again hater

Archived