Boris abides by the law........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-10-21 11:56 AM

"I act not to punish the Prime Minister for his failings. I act to secure that a man with a mandate from 160,000 recognises the supremacy of laws enacted by a Parliament with a mandate from 46 million, however inconvenient they are to him." Jo Maugham QC

I don't remember voting for the Benn act? :-S ............

Seems to me Mr Maugham is talking out of his ar*e *-) .........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-10-21 12:00 PM

"I act not to punish the Prime Minister for his failings. I act to secure that a man with a mandate from 160,000 recognises the supremacy of laws enacted by a Parliament with a mandate from 46 million, however inconvenient they are to him." Jo Maugham QC

Did you vote for A50 Act then? No thought not.

The Tory leadership's repeated efforts to deliver Brexit remind me of nothing so much as the officer class at the Somme.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-10-21 12:06 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-21 12:00 PM

Did you vote for A50 Act then? No thought not.

The Tory leadership's repeated efforts to deliver Brexit remind me of nothing so much as the officer class at the Somme.

The Loser Brigade remind me of Lord Haw Haw (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Remind me again why we continuing on this road of deliberate self harm?

You've already agreed that we have Parliamentary sovereignty - enough to make sure that a man with a mandate from 160,000 has to recognise the supremacy of laws enacted by a Parliament with a mandate from 46 million.

Your "government" have conceded that 'Our government's own assessments are that this will hurt the economy by 4-6% a year... but I still think it's the right thing to do because we had the referendum in 2016' says former Home Secretary, Amber Rudd. Even though those assessments weren’t available in 2016 and the messages of the Leave campaign were that there’d be no pain. Saying we have to hurt our economy and sacrifice people’s jobs and livelihoods because that’s what was chosen in 2016 is demonstrably untrue.

Its like carrying on with the amputation of a leg, even after further tests have shown that the tumour has disappeared, just because that was the original treatment agree.

So please what exactly do you win?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-10-21 2:12 PM

You've already agreed that we have Parliamentary sovereignty - enough to make sure that a man with a mandate from 160,000 has to recognise the supremacy of laws enacted by a Parliament with a mandate from 46 million.

Your "government" have conceded that 'Our government's own assessments are that this will hurt the economy by 4-6% a year... but I still think it's the right thing to do because we had the referendum in 2016' says former Home Secretary, Amber Rudd. Even though those assessments weren’t available in 2016 and the messages of the Leave campaign were that there’d be no pain. Saying we have to hurt our economy and sacrifice people’s jobs and livelihoods because that’s what was chosen in 2016 is demonstrably untrue.

Its like carrying on with the amputation of a leg, even after further tests have shown that the tumour has disappeared, just because that was the original treatment agree.

Paying MORE than a BILLION pound a MONTH to be Billy No Mates in a poor excuse of a EU Parliament maybe YOUR masochists view of a democracy ;-) .........

It ain't in mine.......and OUR treacherous Parliament will have to face the electorate by 2022 at the latest B-) .........

Imagine how P*ssed Off the electorate will be by then? >:-) (lol) (lol) (lol) >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-10-21 2:24 PM

Paying MORE than a BILLION pound a MONTH to be Billy No Mates in a poor excuse of a EU Parliament maybe YOUR masochists view of a democracy ;-) .........

It ain't in mine.......and OUR treacherous Parliament will have to face the electorate by 2022 at the latest B-) .........

Imagine how P*ssed Off the electorate will be by then? >:-) (lol) (lol) (lol) >:-) ......

So you pay in "MORE than a BILLION pound a MONTH", but you get back more financially, you also get a lot of other benefits like FoM, science, culture etc....

Now I know you weren't a particularly good businessman as that's why you live in a twenty year old shed and have to rent out your and your MIL's houses to make ends meet. But surely even you can understand that if a Tory minister, who supports leaving accepts we WILL damage the economy by a 5-6% drop, that its not a good thing for the public at large?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-10-21 2:34 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-21 2:24 PM

So you pay in "MORE than a BILLION pound a MONTH", but you get back more financially, you also get a lot of other benefits like FoM, science, culture etc....

Now I know you weren't a particularly good businessman as that's why you live in a twenty year old shed and have to rent out your and your MIL's houses to make ends meet. But surely even you can understand that if a Tory minister, who supports leaving accepts we WILL damage the economy by a 5-6% drop, that its not a good thing for the public at large?

More Loser cobblers *-) .......

ALL WE GET BACK IS OUR OWN FECKING MONEY! >:-) .........

BTW......... Our award winning shed will be 30 next year B-) ........

PS ......Have you managed to retire yet? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-10-21 3:10 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-21 2:38 PM

So why does the Tories own assessments show we will be 5-6% worse off?

Because its not their assessment ;-) ...........

It's Eeyore Remainer Treasury mates assessment *-) ........

And we know how accurate they are >:-) ...........

Seeing as we should be deep into our 3rd year of recession according those dimwits (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-10-21 4:08 PM

Seeing as we should be deep into our 3rd year of recession according those dimwits (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

So why does Rees Mogg say it would be "fifty years before we will feel the financial benefit of brexit"?

Do you know what 5-6% of our economy means? Just a 1% dip equates to about £20bn a year (without looking). See if you can work out on your own what 5-6% would be. Then see if you can take away what we currently pay into the EU. Come back with your answers.

5-6% is based on a deal but the goal as we know is no deal which is what this deal is designed to con us into. Well MPs into as it looks like we wont get a say. its over 9% loss in a no deal. 16% in the North East!

Brexiteers say its not all about the money but it fecking will be. Most of them havent got a pot to pish in so it certainly will be all about the money PDQ when they have lost their jobs, homes, marriages, children etc.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-21 5:57 PM

Do you know what 5-6% of our economy means? Just a 1% dip equates to about £20bn a year (without looking). See if you can work out on your own what 5-6% would be. Then see if you can take away what we currently pay into the EU. Come back with your answers.

5-6% is based on a deal but the goal as we know is no deal which is what this deal is designed to con us into. Well MPs into as it looks like we wont get a say. its over 9% loss in a no deal. 16% in the North East!

Brexiteers say its not all about the money but it fecking will be. Most of them havent got a pot to pish in so it certainly will be all about the money PDQ when they have lost their jobs, homes, marriages, children etc.

More from the fella who "doesnt give a toss about Brexit" ... Your guff about Brexiteers and their wealth , just how the fig do you know the finances of over 17 million folk to say most haven't financially anything basically ???

This assessment may well be right.........or wrong......it’s an assessment , but doesn’t take into account new buisiness. If companies all over the world can offer 10 % discounts then I’m sure we can manage.

jumpstart - 2019-10-21 6:17 PM

This assessment may well be right.........or wrong......it’s an assessment , but doesn’t take into account new buisiness. If companies all over the world can offer 10 % discounts then I’m sure we can manage.

So what about those that cannot manage their heating bills, they are the ones you are inflicting pain on because you can manage?

Well if they can’t pay the bills now whilst in the Eu, what difference does it make. It’s our government that needs to govern. We don’t need an Eu dynasty for countries to free trade in Europe. Think of the money everybody saves. Unless of coarse Labour get in,then.........splat.

It also doesn't take into account an EU gradually failing. If the EU is our major trading partner then we are putting all our eggs in one basket and will go down when the EU goes down.

As me Grandad used to say when he broke wind ... better out than in. :D

Birdbrain - 2019-10-21 6:00 PM

More from the fella who "doesnt give a toss about Brexit" ... Your guff about Brexiteers and their wealth , just how the fig do you know the finances of over 17 million folk to say most haven't financially anything basically ???

Because I've studied in detail the demographic of those that voted for Brexit. Its no secret and its true what I said. Just go and look at the breakdown of the high leave areas. All places where everyone is on the breadline and what makes it worse is they stand to be the hardest hit. If you were wealthy, middle class and lived in a nice area chances are you voted remain, if you lived on Teesside or Grimsby etc and were on benefits if you could be arsed to vote you probably voted to leave. Not always of course but in the main.

I wonder what the reaction will be from all these people when the lands of milk and honey dont materialise.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-21 9:29 PM

Because I've studied in detail the demographic of those that voted for Brexit. Its no secret and its true what I said. Just go and look at the breakdown of the high leave areas. All places where everyone is on the breadline and what makes it worse is they stand to be the hardest hit. If you were wealthy, middle class and lived in a nice area chances are you voted remain, if you lived on Teesside or Grimsby etc and were on benefits if you could be arsed to vote you probably voted to leave. Not always of course but in the main.

I wonder what the reaction will be from all these people when the lands of milk and honey dont materialise.

They will blame it on anyone and anything..........except themselves.

747 - 2019-10-21 7:42 PM

It also doesn't take into account an EU gradually failing. If the EU is our major trading partner then we are putting all our eggs in one basket and will go down when the EU goes down.

No because we already trade all over the world. In terms of our single biggest trading partner as in one single country, its already the USA. A lot of people dont realise this but a lot of that is due to the hundreds of agreements we have through our membership with the EU. We lose all that when we leave including all the actual trade deals we have with most of the major economies worth having outside of the EU. The EU is not failing and even if that were true its hardly likely to suddenly become an economic wasteland overnight or ever and we will always need to trade with it, its 22 miles away FFS!

When we start from scratch not only will we have to concede most of the stuff in the "original" WA to the EU but we will have to do the same with every other country including trashing all the agreements with the USA and will be at the mercy of Trump and the other WTO countries when that happens.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-21 10:53 PM

No because we already trade all over the world. In terms of our single biggest trading partner as in one single country, its already the USA. A lot of people dont realise this but a lot of that is due to the hundreds of agreements we have through our membership with the EU. We lose all that when we leave including all the actual trade deals we have with most of the major economies worth having outside of the EU. The EU is not failing and even if that were true its hardly likely to suddenly become an economic wasteland overnight or ever and we will always need to trade with it, its 22 miles away FFS!

When we start from scratch not only will we have to concede most of the stuff in the "original" WA to the EU but we will have to do the same with every other country including trashing all the agreements with the USA and will be at the mercy of Trump and the other WTO countries when that happens.

They kept parroting about wanting to "take back control"..........then go and hand it over to a nutcase. *-)

The fella who "couldn't give a toss about brexit" has "studied in detail the demographics of those who voted for Brexit" ... Barry sweetheart you dont have to study where the Leave vote came from , its not difficult to get that info but that does not back up what you claimed that "most" Brexiteers dont have a pot to pish in does it ??? ... I live in Huddersfield and a roofer and a Brexiteer so tell me what is my financial position and the financial position of many I know ??? Lets see if your right

Barryd999 - 2019-10-21 10:53 PM

Q. Do other countries in the world have trade agreements outside the Eu block?

Q. Are they able to make agreements with others?

Q. Are countries in Europe unhappy with Eu?

Q. Do other countries want to trade with us?

If the answer is No then there is a problem.

Birdbrain - 2019-10-22 6:31 AM

The fella who "couldn't give a toss about brexit" has "studied in detail the demographics of those who voted for Brexit" ... Barry sweetheart you dont have to study where the Leave vote came from , its not difficult to get that info but that does not back up what you claimed that "most" Brexiteers dont have a pot to pish in does it ??? ... I live in Huddersfield and a roofer and a Brexiteer so tell me what is my financial position and the financial position of many I know ??? Lets see if your right

I never said all Brexiteers were poor just that if you were and you lived in a deprived area and voted chances are you voted for Brexit, voted for change. I can understand that. Posh boy Cameron was promising more of the same, Farage "The great man of the people" (Ho Ho) promised a new life and also convinced many that all their problems were down to us being members of the EU. How it wasnt a landslide I dont know.

Archived