Lorry Load

Birdbrain

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2019-11-01 5:12 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-31 4:10 PM

Real desperate people dont have £10.000 to pay a trafficker for a ticket ...

Correct. Most if not all will be debt to the traffickers ........ >:-)

So by your reckoning the traffickers provide the ticket on credit to those that want to desperately come to the UK and the families of those that want them desperately to come to the UK ??? Doesnt that kind of prove my point that the individuals and their families are responsible for any outcome that awaits those coming ??? The Vietnamese aren't fleeing war or persecution they are being sent to provide for the family by working underground here in Blighty ... Just how the traffickers who offer them the ticket on credit are to blame for anything I dont know ... Most of us have had mortgages at one time or another and those mortgage debts have horrendous interest on them , but nobody forced us to take the mortgage , kinda the same with those Vietnamese

jumpstart - 2019-11-02 8:12 AM

With a documentary soon to hit tv 8 people/reporters smuggled in to uk but dingy,lorry, Motorhome ,car boot, shows no real necessity to spend 30,000 and sit in a closed container.

So are you suggesting that those Vietnamese (or other) families were offered a full mix and match people smuggling service by a wide boy with a kipper tie?

Birdbrain - 2019-11-02 9:49 AM

So by your reckoning the traffickers provide the ticket on credit to those that want to desperately come to the UK and the families of those that want them desperately to come to the UK ??? Doesnt that kind of prove my point that the individuals and their families are responsible for any outcome that awaits those coming ??? The Vietnamese aren't fleeing war or persecution they are being sent to provide for the family by working underground here in Blighty ... Just how the traffickers who offer them the ticket on credit are to blame for anything I dont know ... Most of us have had mortgages at one time or another and those mortgage debts have horrendous interest on them , but nobody forced us to take the mortgage , kinda the same with those Vietnamese

Tweetie, you really should keep up with the news. John is not guessing, he is repeating what has already been stated. The money has to be raised locally, and paid up front. The security taken against the loan is the title deeds of the family home. This bears no comparison with a mortgage as understood in the UK, where the mortgagee is buying a tangible asset with a value that exceeds the sum of the debt.

You are arguing, in the face of reported fact, that the criminal is innocent and his victim is to blame. Of course the victims must share some of the blame, and the various interviews carried out in Vietnam made plain the remorse of the families.

But absolving the con man on the basis that the conned are primarily responsible for the outcome defies reason. Our prisons would be filled to overflowing with "little old ladies" were that to become the basis in law in the UK. If you did a bad roofing job your employer would be preventing from suing, because it was his fault for having employed you? Try that one in court! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-02 10:34 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-02 9:49 AM

Tweetie, you really should keep up with the news. John is not guessing, he is repeating what has already been stated. The money has to be raised locally, and paid up front. The security taken against the loan is the title deeds of the family home. This bears no comparison with a mortgage as understood in the UK, where the mortgagee is buying a tangible asset with a value that exceeds the sum of the debt.

You are arguing, in the face of reported fact, that the criminal is innocent and his victim is to blame. Of course the victims must share some of the blame, and the various interviews carried out in Vietnam made plain the remorse of the families.

But absolving the con man on the basis that the conned are primarily responsible for the outcome defies reason. Our prisons would be filled to overflowing with "little old ladies" were that to become the basis in law in the UK. If you did a bad roofing job your employer would be preventing from suing, because it was his fault for having employed you? Try that one in court! :-D

Lordy My Brian sometimes you are a bit of a drip ... Princess if the parents have put their home up as security to what is I assume an illegal lender to for pay for one of their own to travel illegally to come and work underground illegally in this country then somewhere along that illegal path they have to take responsibility ... Now I know that sits uncomfortably with you but hey-ho ... As for your utterly daft roofing line then I would say if someone knowingly pays off the radar cash to a dicey crook figure with no public liability insurance etc and they end up doing the worst job in the world then whose to blame the dodgy crooked roofer or the customer for knowingly employing a crook ??? ... The families of the Vietnamese and those who travelled in my view are mostly responsible for the dreadful outcome but your entitled to have your opinion looking for others to lay most of the blame on

Archived