Waeco 500 Watt Inverter

aressee

I've got a Waeco 500 watt inverter, fitted as standard 5 years ago in my motorhome. First time away for a year, the inverter has decided not to work. It shows the green light and makes all the right noises but the red warning light is flashing slowly. There is 13.4 volts going in but nothing coming out.

Has anyone had this problem or can anyone suggest where to start looking.

Thanks

Thanks Spirou

Took the lid off the unit and found two 35amp bayonet fuses, thought 'great' problem solved - no chance- both fuses are ok.

The unit is fixed under the floor and looks brand new both in and out, but I think its time to chuck it and go for a new one, possibly 1000w

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ninian

Thanks for your reply

So far I have checked the voltage in and out, checked the amps in, checked the fuses with meter, tried a new battery and tried new leads and still its not working.

There is no reset button that I can see but I'm not sure what I'm looking for when you say a thermal overload link. Is this mechanical or electrical.

Cheers

aressee - 2020-01-04 6:52 PM

when you say a thermal overload link. Is this mechanical or electrical.

Cheers

It will take the form of a bi-metallic strip in the circuit - thats 2 strips of different metal sandwiched together, one expands more than the other, so when the strip heats up it bends breaking the circuit. When it cools it should bend back reconnecting the circuit.

(There is one on the windscreen wiper motor)

Archived