Austrian alps

sandalwood

Many times as I live just the other side of the border but still in the Alps. Straight roads are boring is my motto ;-)

Guess you're not interested in skiing but e-bike tours might still be an option? There's more than a few bike routes along rivers with plenty of inns to eat/sleep, then return a few days later with a train.

Most ski resorts operate all year round at least partially so take some lifts up to elevation, a short hike, beer & lunch in one of many huts then return back down.

Some roads are only open in summer (e.g. grossglockner or nockalm) and worth a drive.

Also more than a few spa towns (anything with Bad in its name), Bad Kleinkircheim is just one of many and connects nicely with the nockalm tour.

If you want to travel the Alps you will encounter hairpin bends. Certainly all the passes I have driven do have their share of tight bends. If you Google the roads you would like to drive, most have video clips taken from a motorbike. They are excellent for reviewing before you travel. Not sure what length your MH is but some passes have a length limit so best to check first. In Austria I like the Grossglockner the scenery is amazing. Likewise the Stelvio in Italy near the Austrian border. I think the Alps in whatever country is IMHO the most spectacular scenery in any part of the world I have visited. We always try to visit apart of it when in Europe.cheers,

As you are concerned about hairpin bends, you may well wish to consider going to the Carinthia region. It borders with Italy and Slovenia and is known as the Austrian Lake district.

Go from mid May,if you wish to avoid the possibility of snow.Lake Bled in Slovenia is just over the border and well worth a visit, too.

Stunning scenery and plenty of campsite around the larger lakes to choose from.

Archived