Decent small BBQ

2GB Racing

I thank you all for response to my question re a small BBQ so today I purchased a not so small Cadac 2 cook 2 pro from the Go-Outdoors chain at our local large town, And also 2mts of gas hose, T piece, Quick release sealing baynet fitting etc, So just need stainless fuel line jubilee clips now. Will also run of gas canisters with conversion kit.

Hi

If the "quick release" fittings that you are referring to are just these type of things..

https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/quick-release-gas-coupling/2032 then personally, I would recommend using a proper positive tap for the main shut off..

This is the type of thing I used...

https://www.gasit.co.uk/1-way-8mm-inlet-tap-bbq-manifold-with-quick-connection.html

(we do use several of those QR fittings but only at the "appliance" end of the hose, which enable us to switch between the stove, BBQ or camping fridge etc as required)

breakaleg - 2020-01-07 11:29 AM

We have tried a few different bbq's over the years but keep coming back to one use disposable costing between £1.00-£2.00. Ideal for burgers, Lamb chops, steaks and sausages etc. Morrison's seem to be the better ones, Light with a single match, ready to cook in 10 minutes or so big enough to cope with food for four and no washing up. lol

Pete

Must admit having gone through a variety of stand-alone bbq's i tend to agree with you though i realise this is not what the op wanted. I notice an increasing number of mh'ers using disposables now. My son and dil have a crazily expensive gas fired Weber.....huge thing on wheels, yet they never use it and buy disposables instead!

Dirt cheap to buy, efficient, and no faffing about cleaning the damn thing after use.....just chuck it in the bin after dousing in water.

Archived