What a set

Birdbrain

malc d - 2020-01-11 11:28 AM

John52 - 2020-01-11 11:22 AM

747 - 2020-01-11 9:22 AM

If the UK had the same setup in 1939, we would have all been speaking German since 1941. 8-)

Or we might have had the sense to stand back and let our 2 worst enemies, Hiler & Stalin, annihilate each other. :-S

Although it's more likely that one of those two would have won - and would then move on to taking over Britain.

Which would you have preferred ?

:-|

Keep the questions simpler Malc. :D

Barryd999 - 2020-01-11 8:11 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-11 6:52 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 6:41 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-10 6:17 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 5:56 PM

747 - 2020-01-10 5:00 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 4:19 PM

The Tory party now has a lot of ex Labour voters that are all at the moment very excited baby Tories. They are now awaiting their promised lands they were promised in 2016 to be delivered.

Thats why we need a moderate Labour party opposition.

The first part of your post sounds like arrogance and bile ... and sadly, that is the way you have gone in the past 3 years.

Your second statement makes no sense at all. Starmer is just a Corbyn but without the dubious history. What is he going to do? Dismantle Momentum? Move back to the centre left ground? No wonder you keep harping on about Unicorns, you are green enough to believe they exist. :D

No its not bile, its the truth with a bit of cynical humour thrown in. There are lots of new Tory voters who are expecting big things from Brexit and pretty damned quickly as well. I joined shed loads of North Eastern social media groups and everything I have said is exactly how it is. These new Tory voters are expecting better lives under the Tories and Brexit for sure.

Starmer is nothing like Corbyn, he is way more moderate. The only way Labour stand any chance is by moving back towards the centre ground. Blair got elected three times! The only time Labour will get a sniff is if they move back that way with a much more centrist statesman like leader and a much higher calibre moderate front bench. I dunno what he will do about Momentum. Tell em to feck off perhaps. Thats the only way they will get elected though. Then again it also depends how bad the next few years are under the Tories and Brexit. Like I said, how confident do you feel? Its ok for you, your wealthy and dont need to worry about a bit of hardship but what about all those new Tories who live hand to mouth month by month who have endured a decade of Austerity? Not sure they will be so keen to "Ride it out" for fifty years or however long Smuggy said it would take to see the benefits of Brexit.

Anyway. Feck all anyone can do about it now but we will find out soon enough who has been right over the past four years on here.

"who has been right over the past four years on here" ... Guna be honest given your track record on here I wouldnt waste a quid bet on you

The main topic we have debated on here over the past few years has been Brexit. I think it will be bad for the UK, you and some others think it will be just smashing. Thats the big question that remains unanswered. Some of us might have got stuff right and wrong throughout that process as there was a lot of speculation as to who would be in power, what kind of deal we would get etc etc but the UK went off at a tangent in 2016 with no plan whatsoever is it was impossible to really predict what would happen next.

Now though we know we are leaving so the big question is will Brexit and the New Tory party be great for the UK or a complete disaster. I along with a lot of people much cleverer than me say the latter so your quid wouldnt just be a bet on what I say but pretty much most of the credible economists and and leaders from around the world.

But there was no speculation and never has been as far as your concerned ... Above you you talk of that speculation in the shape of who would be in power and what kind of deal we'd get ... Just take those two things , you didn't speculate on those things you told us what would happen , bang on you said for ages no-deal was dead and you told us Labour with a monkey in charge would be in power before Brexit , well just on those 2 things that you told us were nailed on you were wrong , totally wrong so why the hell should we listen and believe any doomsday Brexit/Tory guff you spew

Well you have to allow for a bit of OAL drama dont you? No deal should have been dead, in fact it was, it wasn't just me saying that either. Also the stuff about Corbyn was probably said just to wind you up. I had no idea if he would get elected or not. (lol) clearly not! None of this detracts from Brexit still being bad for the UK just because some of us were wrong as regards some of the elements of the process of leaving.

A lot of the stuff said on here is just designed to wind people up if we are honest about it, some people are in danger of taking it all too seriously I think. Well thats how Ive always looked at it anyway. The funs been taken out of it now though as we are definitely leaving and the Tories are in power for the foreseeable. Its all a bit boring now.

Youve got me howling fats ... "some people are in danger taking it all too seriously I think" ... Lordy you couldn't make it up ... From a fella thats studied Brexit for years ... Littered the web world with his anti-Brexit/Tory lies like forever ... A fella who now has "thousands" of Labour voter friends because of his activism for a terrorist lover etc etc und dont be daft I know when your trying to wind me or Dave up but your Labour/No deal guff was you telling us very much what was guna happen ... Lordy My Boss

Birdbrain - 2020-01-11 11:58 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-11 8:11 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-11 6:52 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 6:41 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-10 6:17 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 5:56 PM

747 - 2020-01-10 5:00 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 4:19 PM

The Tory party now has a lot of ex Labour voters that are all at the moment very excited baby Tories. They are now awaiting their promised lands they were promised in 2016 to be delivered.

Thats why we need a moderate Labour party opposition.

The first part of your post sounds like arrogance and bile ... and sadly, that is the way you have gone in the past 3 years.

Your second statement makes no sense at all. Starmer is just a Corbyn but without the dubious history. What is he going to do? Dismantle Momentum? Move back to the centre left ground? No wonder you keep harping on about Unicorns, you are green enough to believe they exist. :D

No its not bile, its the truth with a bit of cynical humour thrown in. There are lots of new Tory voters who are expecting big things from Brexit and pretty damned quickly as well. I joined shed loads of North Eastern social media groups and everything I have said is exactly how it is. These new Tory voters are expecting better lives under the Tories and Brexit for sure.

Starmer is nothing like Corbyn, he is way more moderate. The only way Labour stand any chance is by moving back towards the centre ground. Blair got elected three times! The only time Labour will get a sniff is if they move back that way with a much more centrist statesman like leader and a much higher calibre moderate front bench. I dunno what he will do about Momentum. Tell em to feck off perhaps. Thats the only way they will get elected though. Then again it also depends how bad the next few years are under the Tories and Brexit. Like I said, how confident do you feel? Its ok for you, your wealthy and dont need to worry about a bit of hardship but what about all those new Tories who live hand to mouth month by month who have endured a decade of Austerity? Not sure they will be so keen to "Ride it out" for fifty years or however long Smuggy said it would take to see the benefits of Brexit.

Anyway. Feck all anyone can do about it now but we will find out soon enough who has been right over the past four years on here.

"who has been right over the past four years on here" ... Guna be honest given your track record on here I wouldnt waste a quid bet on you

The main topic we have debated on here over the past few years has been Brexit. I think it will be bad for the UK, you and some others think it will be just smashing. Thats the big question that remains unanswered. Some of us might have got stuff right and wrong throughout that process as there was a lot of speculation as to who would be in power, what kind of deal we would get etc etc but the UK went off at a tangent in 2016 with no plan whatsoever is it was impossible to really predict what would happen next.

Now though we know we are leaving so the big question is will Brexit and the New Tory party be great for the UK or a complete disaster. I along with a lot of people much cleverer than me say the latter so your quid wouldnt just be a bet on what I say but pretty much most of the credible economists and and leaders from around the world.

But there was no speculation and never has been as far as your concerned ... Above you you talk of that speculation in the shape of who would be in power and what kind of deal we'd get ... Just take those two things , you didn't speculate on those things you told us what would happen , bang on you said for ages no-deal was dead and you told us Labour with a monkey in charge would be in power before Brexit , well just on those 2 things that you told us were nailed on you were wrong , totally wrong so why the hell should we listen and believe any doomsday Brexit/Tory guff you spew

Well you have to allow for a bit of OAL drama dont you? No deal should have been dead, in fact it was, it wasn't just me saying that either. Also the stuff about Corbyn was probably said just to wind you up. I had no idea if he would get elected or not. (lol) clearly not! None of this detracts from Brexit still being bad for the UK just because some of us were wrong as regards some of the elements of the process of leaving.

A lot of the stuff said on here is just designed to wind people up if we are honest about it, some people are in danger of taking it all too seriously I think. Well thats how Ive always looked at it anyway. The funs been taken out of it now though as we are definitely leaving and the Tories are in power for the foreseeable. Its all a bit boring now.

Youve got me howling fats ... "some people are in danger taking it all too seriously I think" ... Lordy you couldn't make it up ... From a fella thats studied Brexit for years ... Littered the web world with his anti-Brexit/Tory lies like forever ... A fella who now has "thousands" of Labour voter friends because of his activism for a terrorist lover etc etc und dont be daft I know when your trying to wind me or Dave up but your Labour/No deal guff was you telling us very much what was guna happen ... Lordy My Boss

You dont know me as well as you think then. I'm always trying to wind you, Bracket and the other Brexiteers up on here. None of it was ever serious. I thought this was a joke forum? It's full of jokers anyway. You have spoilt it now. Still it should revive a bit once everyone discovers Brexit isn't done and Johnson is a moron. Until then we will just have to listen to rock god tracks or summat. What would you like tonight?

Archived