RE: Citroen relay rear brake guard

Mark Wilkes

hello and please can you help me. I have a 2007 Citroen relay 35 Hdi 120 lwb campervan and I am trying to find some rear backing plates for both sides as they have rusted away and now the handbrake makes some bad noises from the brakes. I have found some on eBay but not sure of the part numbers. if anyone can help I will be forever grateful. Citroen want £99 a side according to the mechanic plus fitting. thank you.

Presuming that you have an X250 Relay i.e. the latest style of cab (bar the facelift in 2014) then the backplates seem to be the same across the range:

rear axle right

PEUGEOT/CITROEN 4211C4

FIAT 77364018

rear axle left

PEUGEOT/CITROEN 4211C4

FIAT 77364017

If I were you I would email your VIN to Coastal Motorhomes (info@coastalmotorhomes.co.uk) and ask for confirmation. They are very helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to Ducato/Boxer/Relay brake parts and sell the backplates both from their website and on Ebay.

If you don't want to pay their £30/side then there are cheaper options once armed with the confirmed part no. although personally I'd buy from them as their pattern parts are always good quality.

Archived