If you want out, then you will be out!

StuartO

pepe63 - 2020-01-22 10:09 AM

………...………….,and in the case of the Princess Diana crash, I think I'm correct in saying that the driver was way over the drink drive limit?) :-S

…..and I think I am right in saying that he was being chased by the press.

( ..and chasing a ' drunk ' driver is even more dangerous than chasing a sober one ).

:-|

On the face of it Meghan was welcomed into the Royal Family and at least initially she took to the courtseying etc and looked to be enjoying it. I didn't notice anything racist at all until I heard a commentator (of colour) remarked recently that the Duchess of Kent had worn a golliwog broach on an occassion when Meghan was present, which she felt was a racist act. But when the Prime Minister called on the Queen a few weeks ago the equerry who greeted him (wearing what looked like a Guards officer's uniform) was a black guy and there are lots of "men of colour" in the Household Brigade these days, so even if the Royals aren't getting it all quite perfectly politically correct yet, they are clearly intending to try. I got the impression that Meghan was performing well when on royal duties.

But Meghan obviously fairly quickly became very unhappy, as evidenced by the complaining about the racist bad press she felt she was getting - which I haven't seen, but then I don't read the Red Tops. There were reports in the press about Meghan being rude to staff and being corrected for it and that she was being very demanding within the household - but was that true, and how was any of the commentary racist?

At any event Meghan seems to be the driving force in the withdrawal from royal duties and Harry has stood by his wife and swallowed the tough line the Queen has dished out, so good for him. I hope Meghan feels she has made useful progress but somehow it's difficult to see that she has. Complaining about being photographed in a public park when she went our for a photogenic stroll seems pretty extreme touchiness given that they want to become moneymaking celebrities - and utterly unrealistic.

Harry has spoken about the values he shares with his wife but I'm left wondering what they are and whether they are a remotely realistic basis for becoming successful do-gooding earners. I'm even beginning to wonder whether Meghan will see her opportunites and the value to her of staying married to Harry as gone before much longer. At least the Royals seem to have left the door open for Harry, with or without Meghan, to come back in from the cold.

Perhaps nobody made it clear to her what she was getting in to. Though being a TV “star” you would suspect publicly was her middle name. I have to say I didn’t even know until recently she was mixed race ,not that it matters,but neither have I seen anything racist about her.

Whilst he obviously couldn't help the family that he was born into(and the attention/lifestyle/"workload" that comes with it), if he really wanted a quieter, more private life, away from public gaze, then maybe marrying a US actress (one that ran a celebrity "lifestyle blog"), setting up a "Sussex royals,com" website, and seemingly pouring his heart out in interviews as often as he can, is probably not the best way to go about it...... :-S

I agree and whoever is in charge of their PR needs sacking because it seems to me they're generating a circus like 'entertainment' which makes me wonder if there is some American influence involved in the razzmatazz.

Channel 5 are screening an interview with Meghans father tonight at 9pm. I'm not particularly interested enough to record or watch it but it comes to something when tv and the media is the only way a father can 'communicate' with his daughter. Whatever went on between them, maybe she needs to think on because he's not going to be around forever. I remember Bono from U2 had a falling out with his father which lasted years and the band was on tour when he was told his father was critically ill in hospital. Bono didn't make it to his fathers bedside before he died and he's never forgiven himself since. He should have thought about that before.

malc d - 2020-01-22 10:50 AM

………...………….,and in the case of the Princess Diana crash, I think I'm correct in saying that the driver was way over the drink drive limit?) :-S

…..and I think I am right in saying that he was being chased by the press.

( ..and chasing a ' drunk ' driver is even more dangerous than chasing a sober one ).

:-|

He should never have been driving and Dodi Fayed was a fool enabling it but drunk or sober, the sheer lunacy was driving off at high speed. Why...what on earth for?? No car is ever going to out run motorbikes which most of the 'paps' were using and to drive through a city at high speed in a car was only ever going to end badly.

Had Henri Paul crawled along at 15-20mph, not only would Diana have been alive today, yes the 'paps' would have got their photos but certainly would find it more difficult than blasting off down streets at a crazily high speed.

It's possible of course that Meghan, an experienced actress, was acting when she appeared to be taking to being a working royal, and was a schemer from the outset. Prince Harry isn't stupid but neither is he likely to be the sharpest chisel in the box, even if he is well intentioned. I hope it doesn't turn out badly for him.

StuartO - 2020-01-23 9:45 AM

It's possible of course that Meghan, an experienced actress, was acting when she appeared to be taking to being a working royal, and was a schemer from the outset. Prince Harry isn't stupid but neither is he likely to be the sharpest chisel in the box, even if he is well intentioned. I hope it doesn't turn out badly for him.

Imo they'd be better advised keeping a lower profile than they have been but whoever is responsible for their PR is doing a poor job of that. They also have to understand they can't have it both ways, ie; i don't understand why they set up their "Sussexroyal" profile on social media before deciding to announce their 'step back' from royal duties.

Archived