Trip Report : Germany Sept 2019 : Part 1

Robinhood

Robin

Thanks for the info and pictures - I know how long these things take*. It will be really useful to us for a trip up to and around the Baltic.

Jeremy

*(I write a daily blog on Wordpress, with photos, for all our travels and have done for years. It's very personal to our family and not very PC, so not for general publication!)

It's a bit self-indulgent, Jeremy, but in the "depths of Winter" quite nice to reflect on the enjoyment of last year.

Hosting the pictures externally makes it easier, as there is less of an issue of re-sizing, and it gives the opportunity to click on them and get a rather better size and resolution, which can sometimes be a bit more revealing.

Also helped by having been grounded for a few months, as the current Mrs Hood broke her arm/shoulder badly at the back end of last year. Painful and debilitating, but luckily she chose Winter, and things are improving enough for us now to be imminently contemplating a few more journeys.

;-)

Having lived in Germany, on two occasions when it was ‘East’ and ‘West’, we have a great affection for the country.

I don’t suppose you’ve got a copy of your route you can put on here?

Taking delivery of our first PVC in September and will want to plan a trip.

:-D

You're probably as well off planning your own as following mine ;-).

Google maps now has a limited number of destinations you can plot on a route, so I've had to split into two parts.

Calais to Grafenau:

https://goo.gl/maps/APsfiVrhq7STRgJR8

Grafenau to Calais:

https://goo.gl/maps/PBgqtfoFwAKEiLa47

These may not be the exact routes taken due to "Umleitung" and stops for provisions etc., but are close enough to give an idea. Each "destination" point has been dropped as close to the Stellplatz as Google will route to.

(I'll do the same for the other trip report)

Archived