What US thinks of UK (according to Fox!)

Bulletguy

747 - 2020-02-02 3:23 PM

Jason Hunter, ardent remainer who picks every negative of Brexit and self publicises himself discussing it on forums like the Russian TV station RT. Never seen him on other TV Channels.

It's pointless saying what I think of him to a bloke who has every excuse under the Sun why Jeremy Corbyn was a really nice chap who was picked on for nothing. 8-)

He was just one example. He has been on all sorts from LBC to Politics Live. Farage often cuts him off as he is no match for him.

Whats Corbyn got to do with it? Where did I say Corbyn was a "really nice chap that was picked on for nothing" as well while your at it?

Barryd999 - 2020-02-02 3:54 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-02-02 3:17 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-02-02 2:56 PM

747 - 2020-02-02 12:56 PM

What amazes me most are the 'expert' members on here giving us the benefit of their knowledge on Politics, Finance and World Trade.

A few years ago their minds were full of other things and they had never given a thought to the above subjects.

That suggests to me that they are simply passing on the voices of others who they deem to be clever. Of course these 'clever' people are the ones who also want the same thing as the OAL member. That is why I regard their posts to be fake news, as in 'not their opinion but someone elses'. ;-)

Or another way of looking at it is some of us felt so passionately about it we educated ourselves in a whole manner of Brexit related topics from Trade deals to bendy Bananas. I think you can afford remainers some credit for knowing their stuff, we have been at it over four years now. You are partly right of course on two things. Most of us never cared that much about any of this until it raised its ugly head a few years back. Perhaps we took for granted how wonderful it was to be able to live, play, work etc all across Europe. Having travelled extensively from country to country for many years I felt ever more European rather than just British. Then along comes Farage and the Brexiteers and they trash the lot for reasons of nationalism, ignorance and for many to make a quick buck I suspect.

Your right about learning from experts as well. Ive become friends with a fair few. People like Jason Hunter. What he doesnst know about the EU, Brexit, Trade, WTO etc and negotiations isnt worth knowing. Its kind of how you learn stuff innit?

How is opening up to world markets instead of a decreasing EU market "nationalism" ??? ... The last four years if anyone has been guilty of "ignorance" its you and for a fella who's made friends with some so called "expert" you dont half get a lot of stuff wrong ... Try making a new friend

Lets not pretend for most Brexit was anything to do with opening up to world Markets eh. *-)

Well do tell with your superior knowledge and backed up with facts just why did "most" of those 17 million plus vote to leave Barry ??? ... No guessing , facts cos your talking for a hell of a lot of folk

Jason Hunter, ardent remainer who picks every negative of Brexit and self publicises himself discussing it on forums like the Russian TV station RT. Never seen him on other TV Channels.

It's pointless saying what I think of him to a bloke who has every excuse under the Sun why Jeremy Corbyn was a really nice chap who was picked on for nothing. 8-)

Barry blames The Mail and Express for Jeremy laying flowers at the grave of a terrorist killer of Jews ... All just a right wing media stitch up

Birdbrain - 2020-02-02 4:18 PM

What amazes me most are the 'expert' members on here giving us the benefit of their knowledge on Politics, Finance and World Trade.

A few years ago their minds were full of other things and they had never given a thought to the above subjects.

That suggests to me that they are simply passing on the voices of others who they deem to be clever. Of course these 'clever' people are the ones who also want the same thing as the OAL member. That is why I regard their posts to be fake news, as in 'not their opinion but someone elses'. ;-)

Or another way of looking at it is some of us felt so passionately about it we educated ourselves in a whole manner of Brexit related topics from Trade deals to bendy Bananas. I think you can afford remainers some credit for knowing their stuff, we have been at it over four years now. You are partly right of course on two things. Most of us never cared that much about any of this until it raised its ugly head a few years back. Perhaps we took for granted how wonderful it was to be able to live, play, work etc all across Europe. Having travelled extensively from country to country for many years I felt ever more European rather than just British. Then along comes Farage and the Brexiteers and they trash the lot for reasons of nationalism, ignorance and for many to make a quick buck I suspect.

Your right about learning from experts as well. Ive become friends with a fair few. People like Jason Hunter. What he doesnst know about the EU, Brexit, Trade, WTO etc and negotiations isnt worth knowing. Its kind of how you learn stuff innit?

How is opening up to world markets instead of a decreasing EU market "nationalism" ??? ... The last four years if anyone has been guilty of "ignorance" its you and for a fella who's made friends with some so called "expert" you dont half get a lot of stuff wrong ... Try making a new friend

Lets not pretend for most Brexit was anything to do with opening up to world Markets eh. *-)

Well do tell with your superior knowledge and backed up with facts just why did "most" of those 17 million plus vote to leave Barry ??? ... No guessing , facts cos your talking for a hell of a lot of folk

Well ill just tell you what I know. I talked to a lot of Brexiteers over the past few years and not once did I hear any of them say "you know what? Its high time we established a trade deal with Mercosur. We can achieve that by leaving the EU." Would have been a void excuse anyway as the EU did just that in 2019.

Birdbrain - 2020-02-02 4:20 PM

Barry blames The Mail and Express for Jeremy laying flowers at the grave of a terrorist killer of Jews ... All just a right wing media stitch up

Of course it was a massive stitch up. Old Beardy made some bad choices in his attempts to face all ways in the name of peace a few decades ago and once he became a real threat after 2017 it was a full on smear campaign and fairly easy to bring him down although him trying to face both ways on Brexit was probably equally as damaging. I have very little sympathy for him for the latter in fact I dislike him for that, I couldn't give a toss about the former. Corbyn maybe a daft old lefty but he is a man of peace.

Barryd999 - 2020-02-02 5:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-02-02 4:18 PM

Well ill just tell you what I know. I talked to a lot of Brexiteers over the past few years and not once did I hear any of them say "you know what? Its high time we established a trade deal with Mercosur. We can achieve that by leaving the EU." Would have been a void excuse anyway as the EU did just that in 2019.

So youve gone from "most" Brexiteers to you "talked to a lot of Brexiteers" ??? ... Your truly amazing ... In your own bedroom fantasy world

Barryd999 - 2020-02-02 6:01 PM

Of course it was a massive stitch up. Old Beardy made some bad choices in his attempts to face all ways in the name of peace a few decades ago and once he became a real threat after 2017 it was a full on smear campaign and fairly easy to bring him down although him trying to face both ways on Brexit was probably equally as damaging. I have very little sympathy for him for the latter in fact I dislike him for that, I couldn't give a toss about the former. Corbyn maybe a daft old lefty but he is a man of peace.

Name me another man of peace thats put flowers on the grave of a terrorist ??? ... Your a disgrace for even attempting to justify that ... Do you actually know what barbaric crap those sick killers did to those poor souls ???

Barryd999 - 2020-02-02 10:42 AM

Ill ask the question again though. What exactly are we going to trade with the US that we dont now that is going to make up for losing our biggest trading partner and probably the raft of trade deals we had in place as members?

You aren't ever going to get an answer to that question as its been sidestepped and avoided with deflection so they don't seem to have one.

Birdbrain - 2020-02-02 6:11 PM

Name me another man of peace thats put flowers on the grave of a terrorist ??? ... Your a disgrace for even attempting to justify that ... Do you actually know what barbaric crap those sick killers did to those poor souls ???

I have no idea what your on about.

Barryd999 - 2020-02-02 9:39 PM

No ... Of course you dont

Archived