The Virus

Pete-B

Will it stop you from attending the show at the NEC next week?

My son was exhibiting there last week at the Spring Fair and said the place was almost empty in comparison to previous shows. They were handing out hand spray on the door and it seems most people were avoiding having to shake hands.

I'm in my eighties and the old Dutch not far behind but we've decided to visit as usual and may even do two days depending on various things.

See you there (maybe) eh :-D

Interesting point. Friend was exhibiting in Amsterdam last week and says the whole event was dead. They normally have three or four sales people fully engaged on their stand for the four days. This year they had two and most times one on and one off.

Lets' hope NEC is busier. or maybe not, it'll be easier to get round if that's the same

stevec176 - 2020-02-14 9:18 AM

So does it mean not going to the shops or even going out of your front door. If it's out there you'll come across it some where so just get on with life.

It might come to that if a coronavirus outbreak escalates in UK, especially if you are vulnerable to serious consequences of infection, as the elderly and those with vulnerability due to existing health conditions might well be.

The risk of going to this NEC Exhibition, since there is no large scale UK outbreak yet, is probably very low, even for the elderly and vulnerable - and it looks like you will not have to fight your way through big crowds to see things!

Archived