When is a Ferrari a Ferrari.

jumpstart

Or not.... Was interested to read about a guy in New Zealand who found a front end damaged A 456 GT in a field. When restoring it ,the engine was finished so he stuck a New Zealand rotary engine in it. Apparently with fantastic results. Ferrari heard about this vehicle and issued a cease and desist order to him. So if he now owns it , is it still a Ferrari without the original engine . Does this mean any motor manufacturer can do this (say Ford) to anyone who alters their car?

mtravel - 2020-03-01 1:00 PM

If you believe everything you find on the internet, it ends up looking like some "Mr. twitter" raging here.

Max

On further investigation there certainly is more to the story. Apparently he did do the conversion and Ferrari did know about it but never sent a cease and desist notice. So a lesson to all I suppose.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32386/no-ferrari-did-not-send-a-cease-and-desist-letter-to-this-rotary-swapped-456-gt-builder

jumpstart - 2020-03-01 1:54 PM

That of course is assuming that even the Drive report is true. Who knows?

The Drive report carries more credibility than others i read about it. As the owner himself said, the whole story was "bullsh1t but the media spin it". He's rebuilt it as a track car with a Mazda engine so it won't be of any value to enthusiasts or collectors.

jumpstart - 2020-03-01 4:12 PM

I read it originally from a motoring mag, just shows it’s difficult to know who is telling porkies. Same applies to Coronavirus reports and obviously to the biggest porker Trump.

It's a fun story which has generated interest for both Ferrari and the car owner, where Covid-19 is treated seriously and Trump with contempt and ridicule by sane folk!

Here we say "la prima gallina che canta ha fatto l'uovo".

Hate, hater, hate, hater, hate, hater.

Rather boring. Every two or three I suggest using a synonym.

POTUS: Interesting acronym.

You certainly know that it is also a Latin word and that in medicine it is used in reference to alcoholism to indicate the compulsion to drink alcohol.

Max

mtravel - 2020-03-02 9:22 AM

Here we say "la prima gallina che canta ha fatto l'uovo".

Hate, hater, hate, hater, hate, hater.

Rather boring. Every two or three I suggest using a synonym.

POTUS: Interesting acronym.

You certainly know that it is also a Latin word and that in medicine it is used in reference to alcoholism to indicate the compulsion to drink alcohol.

Max

Mad Max I presume ??? ... Hate on princess ... Its that "boring" you took your time out to troll ... Lordy My

Archived