Fiamma Privacy room

Sheep911uk

Hello all

I am looking to purchase a used privacy room for my F45s 3.5 m awning

Is there an exact model I am looking for?

I see lots of rooms mentioning Zip and caravanstore are all the privacy rooms the same and fit all the different awnings!

Many thanks

Hi. In short, no all Fiamma rooms are not the same.

For a standard low profile motorhome you need the Privacy Room which comes in two heights and two weights of material.

You need to check first which height will fit your vehicle and then decide which weight of material best suited your proposed use.

All the fiamma dealers have the height guide on their webpages but look carefully as you need to allow for the MH being up on ramps sometimes when pitched.

We have owned both weights of material and although the ultra light is just that it is only suitable for good weather with low winds. Our last ultra light got shredded by the wind so think carefully about your intended use before buying.

There are usually several of these rooms for sale second hand , which tells you something about the product.

We've settled on a Thule Panorama room as it's the same principle but a massively better and stronger product, especially the rear metal uprights which are very sturdy and fit flush to the MH bodywork.

Happy choices.

We got the Fiamma heavy duty one last year and its a lot of faffing putting it up , its very heavy (29KGS) so make sure you are prepared to carry and handle it . They are useful and good looking when up. Bear in mind if you change your M/H it may not fit ,although our latest M/H was same length the Fiamma wind out awning was 1/2 metre shorter than previous van. We got it altered to fit and it still looks good but I think buying a driveaway awning would have been a better idea as they are sturdier and easier to isolate in uexpected strong winds, so more versatile.

Yorkyrunner - 2020-04-13 9:51 PM

We got the Fiamma heavy duty one last year and its a lot of faffing putting it up , its very heavy (29KGS) so make sure you are prepared to carry and handle it . They are useful and good looking when up. Bear in mind if you change your M/H it may not fit ,although our latest M/H was same length the Fiamma wind out awning was 1/2 metre shorter than previous van. We got it altered to fit and it still looks good but I think buying a driveaway awning would have been a better idea as they are sturdier and easier to isolate in uexpected strong winds, so more versatile.

Maybe but have you ever tried to rejoin van and awning quickly? Doesn't happen. It's a real faff aligning the two, I'm surprised anyone buys them. Possibly a bit easier with a PVC but not with a low profile mh.

Sheep911uk - 2020-04-13 2:32 PM

Hello all

I am looking to purchase a used privacy room for my F45s 3.5 m awning

Is there an exact model I am looking for?

I see lots of rooms mentioning Zip and caravanstore are all the privacy rooms the same and fit all the different awnings!

Many thanks

Mornin'

A daft question, possibly but what would you be using the "room" for?

If it's just for a bit more privacy and/or added "space", maybe just look at the mesh "blocker" panels?

(eg http://windblockers.net/ )

But if you do want an enclosed "room", maybe look at a stand-alone day room/tent, and just bridge the small gap with your wind-out?

or ...if the van is going to stay put (which presumably it will be,as you are considering a Privacy Room), look at the feasibility of attaching a simple caravan porch awning to your wind-out assembly?

We did the latter years ago on a previous van, by attaching an awning rail to the underside of the awning body/box assembly

( obviously you'd need to carefully check all of the heigh requirements involved ).

The above worked well, and was cheap, lightweight and dead easy to put up and store.

876464540_EasiporchonFiammarail.jpg.77630fd474ec7cb7c093b1b510a23c45.jpg

Archived