Did you all make it home?.......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

I refer to those of us who were in Spain staying on campsites that said you can stay ;-) ........

Until a few days before the Spanish government said F off 8-) ........

Just askin :D......

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2020-04-14 9:22 PM

On WC there where several peps had to make the dash to Calais.

We did the same ;-) .......

I guess I aught to cancel my ferry from Santander in 2 weeks time......

We heard about several campers who were broken down and then no more :-| ......

Even one single camper that was forced to stay in a hotel and the police took his dog away 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-04-14 7:45 PM

I refer to those of us who were in Spain staying on campsites that said you can stay ;-) ........

Welcome back Dave I missed your views on motorhome issues raised on here as it seems you often looked at a problem from a different perspective to the mainstream. Cheers,

colin - 2020-04-14 9:22 PM

On WC there where several peps had to make the dash to Calais.

yes we were one of those , We were wild camping on the Beach area at Roquetes del Mar , about 30 other vans dotted about there too, the Police called in and we had a huddle with them, they said we could all stay if we wanted but to social distance etc. but warned us about imminent border closures and said things were very fluid about Camping, we decided to cut short our trip by about 3 weeks, we had been out already for almost 5 months and head home. this was about the 14th March, we duly headed for France with 2 overnight stops on route entering France via Dax. we then drove through France to Bonneville where we spent the night, on an Aire, we then headed for Wissant to find the Aire closed and notices saying by order of the Government, all Aires and Camping sites were closed we drove on to Sangate where we wild camped for the night . we had previously called the CCC for a Tunnel crossing and surprisingly got one with no trouble for the day and time we wanted 20th March we turned up at the Terminal early and went straight on an earlier train at no extra cost, so for us it was all very easy overall and no real Hassle.

A 14 April email from the Camping-Car Park (CCP) network mentioned that some motorcaravanners were confining themselves on CCP ‘aires’.

Comments (GGOGLE-translated) from three confinees were as follows:

"Upon forced return from Spain and following the closure of all tourist reception facilities (hotels, campsites ...), we have chosen to confine ourselves on one of your aires where we have everything we need to support this period. Thanks to CAMPING-CAR PARK and the associated municipalities for being able to offer us this great opportunity. The town hall sent us information to order at the village supermarket and to reach the health services in case of health problems.”- Bruno

"We are also confined to one of your aires. We are here because we had to return to our new accommodation at the end of March but since the real estate agencies are closed, we are forced to wait for the end of the confinement. Thank you!” - Max

"We are confined to one of your very pleasant aires. We live in our motorhome so no choice for us. Thanks again.” - Bénédicte

(I assume all three are French nationals.)

Read your posting with interest,we arrived home on the 18th via Roscoff Plymouth,we stay on Campsites only due to the facilities? Where on the beach area where you were, where do you get water and empty your waste water and toilet? cannot thye police there allow wild camping ?interested, fesspark

pelmetman - 2020-04-14 8:45 PM

Just out of interest, although there is supposed to be a total closure of sites in Spain (by Royal Decree) there is a site close to us here in Eastern Almeria that still has 6 vans staying. The gate is closed, but these vans have been there since the lockdown. Also, in another campsite, even permanent campers were ordered to leave at very short notice, and had to find alternative accommodation, without their vans, which couldn't be moved, until the lockdown is over. Those who had a proper water connection were allowed to stay.

As I posted on another thread; there are plenty of free aires run by municipalities still open and being used by long staying campers. There have been three vans parked up in the main car park of a local town for some weeks now and I've noticed that there are comings and goings on other aires. All in full view of the roads and therefore the Gendarmes.

Archived