Ventilators..."no use whatsoever" for Covid patients

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-04-16 9:14 PM

Tracker - 2020-04-16 6:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-16 6:38 PM

It's what professionals said Richard, not me. Clinicians and doctors. Thats what they stated in the article i linked.

1) Selective quoting again - it's what some doctors are saying -- whether it is a majority or a minority we do not know - and no doubt if I were so inclined I could fish around and find opposing views.

2) So much negativitity when so many people are working so hard to make a differnce when all people like you you do is sit and criticise from behind the safety of your own home keyboard.

Once again your one sided argument does not convince me.

1) Hmm.....Dr Alison Pittard, Dean of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, the professional body for intensive care practitioners made the statement i linked. Find a comparable professional at the same level with an opposing opinion or view and you may have a point. But despite 'fishing around' on google i cannot find anyone. The media source is also respectable, not the usual DM or Express tripe, so i'm inclined to believe whats she says is factual. She certainly knows more about medical equipment than any of us, that's for sure!

2) You seem to have missed the point. We rely on medical professionals such as Dr Pittard to bring the shortcomings of government to public attention. That's not negativity....it's actually positivity because left to government they'd sweep any awkward issues under the carpet. Government set basic specifications for manufacturers that were not suitable to task.In other words, making a 'ventilator' that was unfit for purpose. Why did they do this when medical professionals had asked them for devices that would work for the duration of a Covid-19 patient’s stay in intensive care? Cost? Corner cutting? I don't know, but they foolishly ignored the criteria professionals had asked for.

Do we trust the likes of Dr Pittard and trained medical professionals when it comes to saving lives.....or do we put our trust in government? I know one or two want to go with the latter but i put my faith in the medical professionals and the NHS long ago when it comes to my life.

Irrespective of which party is in power, government have to be held to account and Torykipper voters have to get used to this. They do not get carte blanche to do what the heck they like without question. They got the party they wanted, now they have to answer for any failings (and the above quoted is just one example) because we will continue to scrutinize and criticise the failings. I think Keir Starmer made a good point on that by saying 'scrutiny is important....because if scrutiny points out mistakes, which can then be put right, it's achieved a very important point'. So 'asking those difficult questions does matter'.

Shouldn't you be demanding they make a Bullsh1t ventilator ;-) ........

Just incase you need one >:-) ........

Archived