Where did you all buy your M/H from

michele

Hi Michele

we bought our present motor at the York show last September, Went to the show looking for a new vehicle and we were hoping to buy from a local dealer to the northeast for warranty purposes, but fell in love with our Lunar Telstar and we think it was a bargain price, only 5 months old and with the GT pack on it and we also got a good deal on our old Highwayman, The only snag it was from Chelstons at Somerset 375 miles round trip.

I also got a two year warranty of them but I can take it anywhere for any work required , we also made a long weekend of it stopping one night in our old van on there grounds one night in the new one also on there grounds and then drove up to Evesham and spent one night by the Avon before a slow meander home, a pleasent weekend for November .

Terry

Guest starspirit

Our secret is NEVER EVER buy a new van.

That way some other poor s#d has to sort out all the new van problems for you.

Having collected your new toy ALWAYS spend a couple of nights in it in the area you bought it following changeover then if owt is wrong you can go straight back and get it sorted.

Some dealers will often send you parts if you need them rather than ask you to bring the thing back for minor repairs - it pays to ask if you are DIY minded.

Hello,

I count myself as being incredibly lucky. We have Simpsons (who advertise on this site) five minutes away on the edge of Great Yarmouth.

The day I idly bought my first copy of MMM because I could not obtain my usual sea-fishing magazine, I was 'hooked' and bought a M/H from them within four days.

The reason that I never post questions/queries on the other forum is because Simpson's sales and service departments are always so very helpful to a bit of a 'dumbo' who lives just down the road.

Accessory dept is also excellent.

M/Homers from all over the country come to visit and I consider myself as being extremely fortunate.

Regards, Mike

Michelle,

Brownhills advertise that they have lots of branches now. In practice can you take your van to any one of them? I'm thinking of the one in Canterbury as that's obviously closer to you than Newark.

We bought our first 3 vans from Brownhills but they didn't have all those other branches then.

Just for the record, to answer your original question, current van came from Hayes in Birmingham as they are the Pilote importers but I'm able to get service done at Pullingers in Halstead who I can recommend.

My last 'van, and the one I have now both came from www.knightmotorcaravans.co.uk John Knight is so helpful and straight talking that I would always buy from him, and his three month warranty is no problem, anything I find wrong in the first three months he pays for the repairs where ever I wish to take it for repair, even water ingress. As I owned a Holdsworth "Ranger" for many years, I belong to the Holdsworth Owners Club, one of the other members who lives in Tewksbury, recommended him, as he had bought from him for his last 6 'vans with no problems. John even took my last 'van away and brought back my new "PRELOVED" 'van, all taxed and M.O.T. ed, fully serviced 'van and base vehicle. It needed a wash so he gave me £20 to get it washed. He is a motor caravanner himself so he knows what he is talking about. Two of my 'old 'vans are here in Swansea, so they travelled a long way to deal with him, and both said they would go back to him again.

I am buying my new van from chelstons,very nice people to deal with but will let you know how they deal with problems when i get them. I would also like to recommend knights motorhomes,as 'ranger' has allready said they are very very helpfull, very honest people. I had a problem finding the service record for my old van and found out they had previously sold it(5 years ago) The owner of knights remembered the van and where it had been serviced and put me in touch with the garage. excellent!!! I just wish i had heard about them before

Guest peter
starspirit - 2007-03-13 10:32 PM

Our secret is NEVER EVER buy a new van.

That way some other poor s#d has to sort out all the new van problems for you.

Having collected your new toy ALWAYS spend a couple of nights in it in the area you bought it following changeover then if owt is wrong you can go straight back and get it sorted.

Some dealers will often send you parts if you need them rather than ask you to bring the thing back for minor repairs - it pays to ask if you are DIY minded.

I agree about the new van bit Richard. Brownhills sent me a new control panel to fit myself, it saved me a trip and them an hour or so labour.

Archived