Dometic Blinds: Faraday Cage?

william49

A Faraday cage is a surrounding screen of conducting material usually grounded so no, a window screen is not a Faraday cage.

The metallic silver will some stop radio waves including mobile phone ones, but if the phone signal came through another window the screen could even make the signal stronger by reflecting the radio waves back.

There are many factors that would need consideration so this is a simplified explanation.

Geoff G4LXI

The only converter I’m aware of that advertises that its motorhome construction produces a Faraday cage is Carthago.

This link

https://www.carthago.com/en/motorhomes/semi-integrated/c-tourer-t/standard-features/

claims "Body with lightning strike protection / Faraday cage”, but (presumably?) wifi and cellular-phone signals would normally still be receivable inside the vehicle.

Derek Uzzell - 2020-05-05 8:21 AM

The only converter I’m aware of that advertises that its motorhome construction produces a Faraday cage is Carthago.

That's interesting Derek, I assume the aluminium panels are bonded and the billion or so volts and 10,000 amps from a lightning strike will find ground through the tyres ( they do conduct at these voltages). A side effect is that your leisure battery will be fully charged in 1 second :-)

Archived