Time for a service

ColinM50

My Peugeot Boxer based motorhome is now three years old. I've had the habi checks done every year and, outside service schedule, I've had the oil changed every year even though the book says not needed. I'm a great believer in oil changes. However I digress, it's now due it's first "proper" service.

My local Peugeot dealer, despite sending me monthly invitations to book it in, can't actually fit it in their garage due to height, so |I'll use the independent mobile chap who services my other cars.

He knows what to do with cars but has no service schedule for my m/h.

Any ideas where I get one please and I'll forward it to him?

Thanks both Steve's.

The m/h is now SORN'd so I can't really drive it anywhere and the mechanic who works on my cars does it on the drive so all straightforward.

The schedule you gave is same as I got this pm in reply to asking the Q on Google.

Thanks though

ColinM50 - 2020-05-07 10:06 AM

I've had the oil changed every year even though the book says not needed. ?

I used to be obsessive about oil changes too until I discovered a guy had his new car for 13 years and never changed the oil - it was immaculate when he sold it. But it had only done 10,000 miles.

I understand BMW are working on an engine that will be sealed for life like the gearbox - doesn't need an oil change.

I've always understood that the first and most important thing to learn about a machine is not how to make it go.

Its how to make it stop

The manufacturers recommend the brake fluid is changed as often as the oil.

Perhaps we should be more concerned about that :-S

Archived