Fiat ducato maxi globecar campscout 2015

Bobby2020

Hello

Having recently bought this model from an elderly couple there are no instructions on how to use the electric and gas controls for when off grid. Can anyone assist?

Also, I would like to buy a waterproof cover for the winter but cannot find where to buy one, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated

Our 2011 model is probably different and Robin had one nearer that age.

Meanwhile, the heater should be standard Truma Combi, operation will depend on if it has basic model or an upgrade.

What do you want to know about electrics? AFAIK it will be similar to ours with just a on/off switch to control 12v and rocker switches for battery levels.

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Anita.

There’s an on-line Globecar Instruction Manual here

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/884134/Globecar-Motorhome.html#manual

(I don’t know how old the manual is but it should help with your electric/gas questions.)

Regarding the cover, this recent discussion may be of interest

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/breathable-cover-for-camper/55022/

As Colin says, my last 'van was one of those of that vintage.

The online manual (downloadable) that Derek has linked to is the latest digital version I have, though the one supplied with the 'van was a newer version.

It should suffice for the basics, but unless your 'van was originally an import, it is most likely to have the "E" version of the Combi water/space heating) with the older (non-CP plus) double controls, and I don't think that downloadable manual covers that (only the gas).

The Truma download for those controls is here:

https://www.truma.com/web/downloadcenter/files/truma-heating-cp-classic-installation-operating-de-gb-fr-it.pdf

...with a summary here:

https://www.truma.com/web/downloadcenter/files/truma-heating-cp-classic-quick-user-guide-de-en-fr-it.pdf

(both multilingual)

TBH, those instructions can be quite confusing, so if you're struggling, ask away (and any more general Campscout questions)

colin - 2020-05-11 9:57 AM

Meanwhile, the heater should be standard Truma Combi, operation will depend on if it has basic model or an upgrade.

What do you want to know about electrics? AFAIK it will be similar to ours with just a on/off switch to control 12v and rocker switches for battery levels.

Thank you for your reply. For some reason the lights work, plug underneath is not, also the plug above the seating area for the tv (which is a plug like a cigarette lighter input) also does not work. We don’t know where the fuses are to check if that is the problem or anything else we can do to get it working,

As for the gas. We need it for hot shower, but again, do not know how to turn the boiler on or check if the gas bottles have gas in them

Any help would be much appreciated

Have got in touch with the manufacturer for specifications, but they have not been helpful at all

Hello, thank you for reply, I will get my boyfriend to have a read as he understands it better than I do, I will get back to you if we have problems, thanks again

Robinhood - 2020-05-11 12:02 PM

As Colin says, my last 'van was one of those of that vintage.

The online manual (downloadable) that Derek has linked to is the latest digital version I have, though the one supplied with the 'van was a newer version.

It should suffice for the basics, but unless your 'van was originally an import, it is most likely to have the "E" version of the Combi water/space heating) with the older (non-CP plus) double controls, and I don't think that downloadable manual covers that (only the gas).

The Truma download for those controls is here:

https://www.truma.com/web/downloadcenter/files/truma-heating-cp-classic-installation-operating-de-gb-fr-it.pdf

...with a summary here:

https://www.truma.com/web/downloadcenter/files/truma-heating-cp-classic-quick-user-guide-de-en-fr-it.pdf

(both multilingual)

TBH, those instructions can be quite confusing, so if you're struggling, ask away (and any more general Campscout questions)

Hi

I am on my third Globecar but the current one has a different electric panel to the previous two. Can you post a picture of the control panel to jog my memory? If it was the same as my earlier model I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Peter

Bobby2020 - 2020-05-14 9:15 AM

Thank you for your reply. For some reason the lights work, plug underneath is not, also the plug above the seating area for the tv (which is a plug like a cigarette lighter input) also does not work. We don’t know where the fuses are to check if that is the problem or anything else we can do to get it working,

As for the gas. We need it for hot shower, but again, do not know how to turn the boiler on or check if the gas bottles have gas in them

The lighting issue may or may not be down to fuses. A limited amount of lighting (and a few other things - the manual you've been pointed to advises which) works with the main 12V supply off. So, the first question is, is the 12V supply turned on on the panel over the door (little rocker switch, bottom left).

If it is, the habitation area fuses (or at least most of them) are in the EBL99, which is under the driver's seat. (The front cover for which hinges down) The fuses are on the front, and are quite possibly labelled on the EBL99, but I'd be inclined to refer to the (same) manual, as it holds details. (Be aware that not all such vehicles leave the factory wired "conventionally". If you don't find the most likely fuse fault, do check all the others!).

As for the boiler, you need to ensure that the bottle has gas, that the bottle "tap" is turned on, and that the isolation tap for the boiler is turned on (located with the taps for fridge and hob in one of the kitchen drawers, from memory).

You can run space heating only with no water in the boiler, but not water heating, so the boiler needs to be filled (after closing the boiler drain tap (probably in a floor-level cut out just behind the shower room)), and the water passed through the system by opening a hot and a cold tap until it flows (12V needs to be on). Again, the manual will advise.

Then the controls - if you don't have the electric option you will have only the lower dial in the attached picture. Simply select either of the upper two positions (for 40 or 60C water), and hopefully the boiler will fire up. If you do have the electric option, then you first need to select the input energy using the other, upper dial in the picture. For gas only, leave it in the middle position, then set the other dial as above. (The two dials fitted with the electric option are, essentially i) energy source and ii) required heating function).

That describes how to heat water using only gas. It is worth reading the instructions on all the functions, which include choice of energy source (including combined gas and electricity, where fitted) and the various heating function (space, temperature, water and the various combined options). It can be a bit confusing at first (I don't think the controls are the most intuitive).

650008150_trumaCPClassic.JPG.e58f97935e8fb186684e378e28937eb2.JPG

Bobby2020 - 2020-05-14 9:15 AM

colin - 2020-05-11 9:57 AM

Any help would be much appreciated

Have got in touch with the manufacturer for specifications, but they have not been helpful at all

I'm guessing this must be your first van.

For the lights to work you must have switched on the control panel, this should also feed power to all 12v systems. Note no 240v systems such as 3 pin plugs would normally work unless EHU is plugged in. Not sure if the 12v tv socket is standard fitment on your model, it wasn't on ours, so there might be some odd wiring if it was fitted as DIY. As above the fuses are on the Electrobloc which is under the passenger seat (assuming RHD).

The gas bottles are in the rear locker, check as post above to see if they have anything in them. The way gas is switched on depends on if standard, or if like ours a 'crash safe' system is fitted. For standard system, you turn on the tap on the bottle, then inside the van (near bed/washroom on ours) a 'manifold' is fitted, this has three taps, fridge, heating, and hob.

If you have a 'crash safe' system like ours then there might be a green button on the rubber hose to bottle, and a green button on the regulator, these need pushing to switch on after the bottle is turned on, there is no indication they are on.

If the gas is now all up and working you should be able to turn a hob control and push down on it, and hear gas coming out the ring, note gas burners go from, off, to maximum, to minimum, as you turn them.

Robin , you posted Electrobloc under drivers seat, was your van LHD? Our 2011 RHD has battery under driver seat and Electrobloc under passenger seat. I see your van might also have had manifold in different place.

Colin,

you're correct about the EBL. My bad (that was just brain not connected to keyboard).

I think you may be correct about the position of the gas isolators as well. In a cutout to the rear of the shower at a higher level than the floor level boiler drain?

After 11 'vans, use of the controls simply comes as second nature, and their locations tend to blur into one another. ;-)

And, there was no TV connection as standard on mine - I fitted a combined aerial and power socket (back to the fused TV outlet on the EBL).

(I'd be surprised if the OP's 'van was my old one, but it just might be).

Archived