Bulletguy - 2020-06-10 7:27 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-10 7:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-10 7:01 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-10 6:22 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-10 6:17 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-10 6:01 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-10 4:50 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-10 6:35 AM

New peoples hero Mr Floyd had served time in the slammer 9 times I believe , drugs , theft , assault etc etc

Yes, but isn't the general idea that the police arrest suspects, charge them with a crime if satisfied that one was committed, and hold them in custody pending trial following which, if found guilty, the court determines the appropriate penalty? They're not supposed to kill them in the process, are they?

Your comment does read like an excuse for this man's death at the hands of the police. It seems to portray his killing almost as an acceptable form of rough justice. Was that really what you meant?

Obviously you'd much rather I didn't mention the new peoples hero criminal background ??? ...

And what of Thomas Lanes criminal background, one of the police officers involved who had more than a dozen criminal charges and traffic citations and convicted of seven? Or doesn't that matter? At the time of Floyds killing he was still on probation

Last time I looked we live in a free country , if you want to mention the convictions another cop had who didn't kill Mr Floyd to try to prove a point thats fine .

As you've regularly reminded the forum of Floyds past criminal record which everyone is well aware of, time served and spent, it's pertinent to mention Lanes criminal record. Quite how he managed to join the force with a criminal record is beyond me but it shows how low the US set the bar in recruiting police officers.

Im not an expert on US Police recruiting procedure so cant answer , surprised you aren't by the way ... "time served and spent" doesnt seem to apply with respected reporter Tommy Robinson with you though with regards to his criminal record ,

As they obviously recruit criminals still on probation it doesn't take an expert to see they have very low standards! As for your "respectable" pal, he's currently out on bail on a suspicion of assault charge. It's difficult to keep track of serial offenders like Yaxley. *-)

Given the US has over 600.000 police officers I presume you have more than just Thomas Lane to back up your "they have very low standards" claim with regards to US police recruitment ??? ...

It's a matter of moral code and i'd expect better from a police force. You obviously don't.

As for Mr Robinson show me when and where he has done anything like holding a gun to a pregnant black womans stomach to threaten and rob her ??? ... Your well Hatey aren't you

Show me where i ever said that! You're just getting even more silly now with your diversions and 'hater hate'. *-)

You obviously dont have much more than Thomas Lane

It shouldn't need more and it's been very clearly explained to you so you're left grasping at straws again, as usual.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-10 10:30 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-10 9:24 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-10 9:18 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-10 9:10 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-10 8:25 AM

New peoples hero Mr Floyd had served time in the slammer 9 times I believe , drugs , theft , assault etc etc

Ah well, thats alright then. Murder must be justified if he was a wrongun.

Murder?........from what I've seen of the video I'd say it looked more like manslaughter :-| ........

Ah well, even better. *-)

Did it look like a deliberate murder to you? :-| .........

Well the bloke couldnt breathe and was pleading for his life and the cop took no notice so.... I dunno, why are you making excuses for him?

I'm not making excuses *-) ...........

I'm describing how it looks to someone with an open mind........He looks like he was distracted from what he was doing by the person who was filming him :-| .........

Yes, but isn't the general idea that the police arrest suspects, charge them with a crime if satisfied that one was committed, and hold them in custody pending trial following which, if found guilty, the court determines the appropriate penalty? They're not supposed to kill them in the process, are they?

Your comment does read like an excuse for this man's death at the hands of the police. It seems to portray his killing almost as an acceptable form of rough justice. Was that really what you meant?

Obviously you'd much rather I didn't mention the new peoples hero criminal background ??? ... You'd much rather I didn't mention he held a gun to a pregnant womans stomach while robbing her , a white woman I am informed n'all , does that make him a racist ??? ... Lets be straight on one thing Brian , I aren't suggesting at all he deserved to die like he did if that helps you clean the mist off your hate goggles ... Hate on

So, the simple answer to my question was no. OK, I accept that.

The rest is just you arguing with your imaginings as to what I'd prefer. Your imaginings are dead wrong.

We are of course waiting for the fair trial the policemen should be entitled to and we should reserve our judgement until then if we are genuinely open-minded. Nevertheless there is prima fascia evidence of police crime because I understand the video shows excessive force being used and blacks feel they are habitually subjected to that - but there have already been two versions of post mortem report and it's not obvious to me how someone who is calling out "I cant breathe" has got the breath to shout if what he says is true, so due process is required - unless black folk are somehow entitled to lynch people if they are already sure of guilt because that's sometimes what happened to their ancestors.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-11 10:57 AM

Obviously you'd much rather I didn't mention the new peoples hero criminal background ??? ... You'd much rather I didn't mention he held a gun to a pregnant womans stomach while robbing her , a white woman I am informed n'all , does that make him a racist ??? ... Lets be straight on one thing Brian , I aren't suggesting at all he deserved to die like he did if that helps you clean the mist off your hate goggles ... Hate on

The rest is just you arguing with your imaginings as to what I'd prefer. Your imaginings are dead wrong.

We do have much in common then ... Your imaginings were dead wrong n'all

Birdbrain - 2020-06-11 12:09 PM

OK, if tit-for-tat makes you feel better, so be it. Though I'm at a loss to understand where you found am "imaginings" in what I wrote.

StuartO - 2020-06-11 11:55 AM

We are of course waiting for the fair trial the policemen should be entitled to and we should reserve our judgement until then if we are genuinely open-minded. Nevertheless there is prima fascia evidence of police crime because I understand the video shows excessive force being used and blacks feel they are habitually subjected to that - but there have already been two versions of post mortem report and it's not obvious to me how someone who is calling out "I cant breathe" has got the breath to shout if what he says is true, so due process is required - unless black folk are somehow entitled to lynch people if they are already sure of guilt because that's sometimes what happened to their ancestors.

Both excessive and casual. When Chauvin had one knee on Floyds back and his other across his neck, Chauvin casually stuck both hands in his pockets....hardly the actions of an officer who felt under physical threat. I agree about due process as it's a basic essential in law though some prefer vigilante mob 'justice' without defence and at least one fm cannot comprehend there are lawyers that work only as defence lawyers. Not a job for the faint hearted as undoubtedly some get to defend some pretty unsavoury characters but it's their chosen field of work.

Another good report here on lynchings in the US;

From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States. Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black. The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched. These numbers seem large, but it is known that not all of the lynchings were ever recorded. Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched. That is only 27.3%. Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes.

Most of the lynchings that took place happened in the South. A big reason for this was the end of the Civil War. Once black were given their freedom, many people felt that the freed blacks were getting away with too much freedom and felt they needed to be controlled. Mississippi had the highest lynchings from 1882-1968 with 581. Georgia was second with 531, and Texas was third with 493. 79% of lynching happened in the South.

https://www.naacp.org/history-of-lynchings/

As the saying goes, history has a habit of repeating itself, but does the US seriously want to go back to those times? :-(

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-11 2:11 PM

OK, if tit-for-tat makes you feel better, so be it. Though I'm at a loss to understand where you found am "imaginings" in what I wrote.

A vivid and over-active imagination? ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-06-11 3:01 PM

So the majority of BAME murders carried out in London by BAME folk are a figment of our imagination? 8-) ..........

Just sayin :-| ........

Bulletguy - 2020-06-11 2:59 PM

Both excessive and casual. When Chauvin had one knee on Floyds back and his other across his neck, Chauvin casually stuck both hands in his pockets....hardly the actions of an officer who felt under physical threat. I agree about due process as it's a basic essential in law though some prefer vigilante mob 'justice' without defence and at least one fm cannot comprehend there are lawyers that work only as defence lawyers. Not a job for the faint hearted as undoubtedly some get to defend some pretty unsavoury characters but it's their chosen field of work.

From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States. Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black. The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched. These numbers seem large, but it is known that not all of the lynchings were ever recorded. Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched. That is only 27.3%. Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes.

Most of the lynchings that took place happened in the South. A big reason for this was the end of the Civil War. Once black were given their freedom, many people felt that the freed blacks were getting away with too much freedom and felt they needed to be controlled. Mississippi had the highest lynchings from 1882-1968 with 581. Georgia was second with 531, and Texas was third with 493. 79% of lynching happened in the South.

As the saying goes, history has a habit of repeating itself, but does the US seriously want to go back to those times? :-(

Pretty horrific stuff and to think some of it is not that long ago. Im reading about nationalist anti BLM protests now that are to clash with BLM protests in the coming days. One things for sure this "revolution" has certainly brought the racists haters to the fore again frothing at the mouth after being in lock down going stir crazy looking for the next thing to hate. There is a local BLM protest here in Richmond on Sunday and one of the local racists has posted about a counter Nationalist protest at the same time. I dont know if this is an organised thing or just local. If its national, its going to get messy.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-11 3:58 PM

Pretty horrific stuff and to think some of it is not that long ago. Im reading about nationalist anti BLM protests now that are to clash with BLM protests in the coming days. One things for sure this "revolution" has certainly brought the racists haters to the fore again frothing at the mouth after being in lock down going stir crazy looking for the next thing to hate. There is a local BLM protest here in Richmond on Sunday and one of the local racists has posted about a counter Nationalist protest at the same time. I dont know if this is an organised thing or just local. If its national, its going to get messy.

Best get your scooter ready Barry ;-).............

For your Black lives matter more than any other feckers in a pandemic 8-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 4:05 PM

For your Black lives matter more than any other feckers in a pandemic 8-) .......

"your black lives matter"? Nothing to do with me. I dont agree with any of the protests in the middle of a pandemic. I think they have a point but as I keep saying it was doomed from the start. Still, its given the little Englander racists something else to get angry about for a bit and shown them up for what they are.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-11 4:58 PM

"your black lives matter"? Nothing to do with me. I dont agree with any of the protests in the middle of a pandemic. I think they have a point but as I keep saying it was doomed from the start. Still, its given the little Englander racists something else to get angry about for a bit and shown them up for what they are.

Are you calling us Racists? 8-) ......

A chip on the shoulder Loser calling me a racist ;-) .......

Kinda indicates........I'm won again :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 3:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-11 3:01 PM

So the majority of BAME murders carried out in London by BAME folk are a figment of our imagination? 8-) ..........

Just sayin :-| ........

What on earth does that have to do with Brians post i responded to? And why do you keep writing "just sayin" after each post.....how old are you?

Pretty horrific stuff and to think some of it is not that long ago. Im reading about nationalist anti BLM protests now that are to clash with BLM protests in the coming days. One things for sure this "revolution" has certainly brought the racists haters to the fore again frothing at the mouth....

It's a part of American history racists don't want to know about. African-Americans suffered horrendously for years under segregation, a system so inhumanely cruel, it beggars belief how that was still going on into the early 60's.

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/segregation-united-states

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 5:10 PM

Well if the cap fits an all that. Its the same people all over social media banging on about it, outraged from outragedville. Billy Britain types (Viz). Why would you call me a Loser by the way? Bizarre.

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 5:10 PM

Barry never recovered from the Brexit result ... Spewing out "Little Englander" gives him a missing thrill I presume ... His Master will be along to follow it up

Archived