We all have Citizen's Duties, even the Blacks

StuartO

Barryd999 - 2020-06-14 11:04 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-13 12:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-13 10:18 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-13 9:40 AM

StuartO - 2020-06-13 9:26 AM

I’ve been stopped only occasionally by police, usually for speeding when I was younger, and was always polite and apologetic so there was never any tension or agro. I remember once, sitting in the police car on the hard standing, dying to ask questions about all the switches and stuff but keeping it meekly quiet, when I responded to the revelation that I’d been doing 98 mph by saying “It’s a fair cop” and he burst out laughing. There was never any tension.

But I can imagine that if I had been a black medical student instead of a white one and almost every time I walked home from the Tube into Brixton or some other black district I was stopped just walking along carrying a bag and yet again had to show the contents and stay calm and cooperative, lest I got arrested again under the “Suss” laws, I would have come to resent it. Maybe I would have ended taking the opportunity of today’s climate to be stroppy instead of submissive. But it would have been a mistake.

I still think blacks have the same citizen’s rights and obligations as everyone else to be cooperative and helpful to police and other authorities. No excuses, no snowflakes, it’s part of the price we pay to be a British Citizen. Ultimately there’s no compulsion and we are not prisoners. If we want change we can demonstrate peacefully and run for election, same as everyone else. We can always walk away and take our chances outside UK if we prefer.

Maybe blacks in London need to blame their fellow blacks for Police checks ... Doesnt take a genius to work out its blacks that are behind much of Londons knife crime , gun crime and crime in general ... I personally would be glad the Police were doing checks , if your innocent whats the big deal they are helping protect the community ... Its like when we now go to concerts , now because of Muslim terrorists slaughtering folk at gigs we have to queue like never before , have checks etc , do you moan about it ??? No you dont because its for protection ... If I hear anyone complain I tell them maybe they ought to blame Muslim terrorists , same can be said for all our extra security at Christmas markets

If that is true and I am not disputing it then why do you think that is? Are Black people just more stupid than white people and just naturally more violent or with more criminal tendencies? Or is it that you are more likely to turn to crime and violence if you have less opportunity, face more prejudice and are More likely to be brought up in poverty and surrounded by a more or less closed community of those in the same boat?

They are attracted to easy money , gang culture , gangsta lifestyle ... Give up with poverty FFS , they have iPhones , expensive trainers , the latest this and that , they have no idea of poverty ... My grandmother brought up kids in poverty just like many others of her generation ... You by your own admittance havent had to deal with poverty or know any black folk ... Stick to sumat you know about which is ... Sulking

Ah I see. So because I have never experienced poverty my opinion counts for nothing then and yours is somehow more valid. Didnt you also post the other day how you were brought up in a six bedroom house and wanted for nothing?

I think Stuarts reply to my post above makes a lot more sense than yours.

Princess keep it real ... I didn't say I "wanted for nothing" ... Yes I was brought up in a 6 bedroom house , but we had an outside bog for many years and tin bath , I was ashamed to take anyone back to our house for years

Birdbrain - 2020-06-14 12:27 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-14 11:04 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-13 12:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-13 10:18 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-13 9:40 AM

StuartO - 2020-06-13 9:26 AM

I’ve been stopped only occasionally by police, usually for speeding when I was younger, and was always polite and apologetic so there was never any tension or agro. I remember once, sitting in the police car on the hard standing, dying to ask questions about all the switches and stuff but keeping it meekly quiet, when I responded to the revelation that I’d been doing 98 mph by saying “It’s a fair cop” and he burst out laughing. There was never any tension.

But I can imagine that if I had been a black medical student instead of a white one and almost every time I walked home from the Tube into Brixton or some other black district I was stopped just walking along carrying a bag and yet again had to show the contents and stay calm and cooperative, lest I got arrested again under the “Suss” laws, I would have come to resent it. Maybe I would have ended taking the opportunity of today’s climate to be stroppy instead of submissive. But it would have been a mistake.

I still think blacks have the same citizen’s rights and obligations as everyone else to be cooperative and helpful to police and other authorities. No excuses, no snowflakes, it’s part of the price we pay to be a British Citizen. Ultimately there’s no compulsion and we are not prisoners. If we want change we can demonstrate peacefully and run for election, same as everyone else. We can always walk away and take our chances outside UK if we prefer.

Maybe blacks in London need to blame their fellow blacks for Police checks ... Doesnt take a genius to work out its blacks that are behind much of Londons knife crime , gun crime and crime in general ... I personally would be glad the Police were doing checks , if your innocent whats the big deal they are helping protect the community ... Its like when we now go to concerts , now because of Muslim terrorists slaughtering folk at gigs we have to queue like never before , have checks etc , do you moan about it ??? No you dont because its for protection ... If I hear anyone complain I tell them maybe they ought to blame Muslim terrorists , same can be said for all our extra security at Christmas markets

If that is true and I am not disputing it then why do you think that is? Are Black people just more stupid than white people and just naturally more violent or with more criminal tendencies? Or is it that you are more likely to turn to crime and violence if you have less opportunity, face more prejudice and are More likely to be brought up in poverty and surrounded by a more or less closed community of those in the same boat?

They are attracted to easy money , gang culture , gangsta lifestyle ... Give up with poverty FFS , they have iPhones , expensive trainers , the latest this and that , they have no idea of poverty ... My grandmother brought up kids in poverty just like many others of her generation ... You by your own admittance havent had to deal with poverty or know any black folk ... Stick to sumat you know about which is ... Sulking

Ah I see. So because I have never experienced poverty my opinion counts for nothing then and yours is somehow more valid. Didnt you also post the other day how you were brought up in a six bedroom house and wanted for nothing?

I think Stuarts reply to my post above makes a lot more sense than yours.

Princess keep it real ... I didn't say I "wanted for nothing" ... Yes I was brought up in a 6 bedroom house , but we had an outside bog for many years and tin bath , I was ashamed to take anyone back to our house for years

Ooooooh a tin bath!! How very northern! Fecking oik! (lol)

Alright then. You win. Your opinion is more valid than mine cos you had a tin bath and an outside "Netty".

StuartO - 2020-06-12 5:34 PM

A black couple were driving a BMW in Ipswich yesterday when they attracted the attention of a couple of police officers, who then asked to see the driver's licence. No big deal you might think; we all have to cooperate when that sort of thing happens.

But would we all switch our phones to video and start demanding to know why, behaving in fact like barrack room lawyers? But it seems black people can, and they get an apology for feeling upset, even though the senior police officer being interviewed said that the two officers did have a legitimate police reason for making the stop.

I'm getting fed up of blacks who feel entitled to get upset about a citizen's duty to cooperate with police enquiries. So they feel they are being picked on? Couldn't we all respond in that way if we decided to be awkward when, as the policeman pointed out if they simply done as asked, they would have been on their way in no time.

Maybe the police did take the decision to make the stop because it was a black couple in a BMW and maybe that's all there was to it. But are blacks over-represented among criminals so they make police suspicious more often, and shouldn't non-criminal blacks be just as willing as non-criminal whites to help the police?

If they were motorcyclist they would be used to being stopped for any old reason the plod decided on.

Just two of the excuses given to me " I estimate that you may have exceeded the 30 mph seed limit when leaving the last village. He had followed me for 12 miles across the Cambridge fens from Soham.

My comment that he would look daft in court stunned him he thought I would meekly accept his lies. :D

Another stop in Ingham when I asked why I was told because motorcyclists have accidents, any wonder I don't have a lot of resect for "Traffic Police" *-)

teflon2 - 2020-06-14 7:11 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-12 5:34 PM

A black couple were driving a BMW in Ipswich yesterday when they attracted the attention of a couple of police officers, who then asked to see the driver's licence. No big deal you might think; we all have to cooperate when that sort of thing happens.

But would we all switch our phones to video and start demanding to know why, behaving in fact like barrack room lawyers? But it seems black people can, and they get an apology for feeling upset, even though the senior police officer being interviewed said that the two officers did have a legitimate police reason for making the stop.

I'm getting fed up of blacks who feel entitled to get upset about a citizen's duty to cooperate with police enquiries. So they feel they are being picked on? Couldn't we all respond in that way if we decided to be awkward when, as the policeman pointed out if they simply done as asked, they would have been on their way in no time.

Maybe the police did take the decision to make the stop because it was a black couple in a BMW and maybe that's all there was to it. But are blacks over-represented among criminals so they make police suspicious more often, and shouldn't non-criminal blacks be just as willing as non-criminal whites to help the police?

If they were motorcyclist they would be used to being stopped for any old reason the plod decided on.

Just two of the excuses given to me " I estimate that you may have exceeded the 30 mph seed limit when leaving the last village. He had followed me for 12 miles across the Cambridge fens from Soham.

My comment that he would look daft in court stunned him he thought I would meekly accept his lies. :D

Another stop in Ingham when I asked why I was told because motorcyclists have accidents, any wonder I don't have a lot of resect for "Traffic Police" *-)

I was a motorcyclist for many years untilI I got too old for it and I can remember being stopped or seeing people being stopped by arrogant cops showing their prejudices and abusing their powers but only rarely. But I do remember coming across motorcyclists who were arrogant, selfish know-alls, thinking they could do just as they liked on the roads, regardless of the impact on others. Unfortunately there were lots of those. No wonder some of the cops showed a bit of attitude sometimes.

Archived