wheel clamp did the trick

njw

this weekend someone tried to pinch my motorhome but they did not succeed in taking the the wheel clamp off.they tried very hard going buy the scuff marks on my drive but it held fast the wheel clamp i have is called the nemesis.

Guest starspirit

I do look on the up side but I am also a realist and take warnings seriously. It is a well established fact that thieves often strike the same target more than once.

If they succeed first time they come back because it was easy and is a known situation and if they don't succeed first time they come back when they think they have the answer.

Thieves are lazy and a known target is easier than finding a new one.

Why can,t we live in a country without assholes thinking they can do what they like.

If we had some form of law and order, we would not need to be thinking of wheel clamps, alames door bolts etc, and just enjoying life.

PS. SS is right, get a bigger lock for the clamp and a dislock, they will be back.

terry

Because we are not allowed to police Britain ... I mean what has the above got to do with Tony Blair and his cronies if it don't come into racial domestic & street crime targets then it don't bump the viewing figure's up.

And that in turn don't bump up labour .....

It's all FUBAR ........ Do like Rich say's sorry to put a dampner on things ...

THEY WILL BE BACK .... Give it a month or two but they will be back now they know where you are ......wish I could get my hands on em....

Or Tony Blair & his stupid policies *-) For gods sake don't hit em you will be carted off English men & his castle I don't think so ..........FUBAR

chas - 2007-03-13 4:51 PM

Hi Michele- Could you please explain FUBAR, :$ I have lived a sheltered life and can only guess what it might mean, surley not from a lady... Regards chas

us army saving private ryan fame or us air corps SNAFU (lol)

RAY

njw - 2007-03-12 8:42 PM this weekend someone tried to pinch my motorhome but they did not succeed in taking the the wheel clamp off.they tried very hard going buy the scuff marks on my drive but it held fast the wheel clamp i have is called the nemesis.

Hi NJW,

If they've tried very hard to remove the wheel clamp, they must have been reasonably confident that after removal they could then start the 'van and "nick" it.

Do you have any other security, alarm, immobiliser etc.

Guest starspirit

Bessacars are the most frequently stolen van Michele.

Not because of their appeal but because they are so badly made that they are easy to strip down into little bits to sell on EBay in under an hour and a half.

Guest peter
starspirit - 2007-03-13 10:45 PM

Bessacars are the most frequently stolen van Michele.

Not because of their appeal but because they are so badly made that they are easy to strip down into little bits to sell on EBay in under an hour and a half.

Why bother stripping it down Richard. Just pick the bits off the road as they fall off. :D

Whilst paunching me rabbits this evening was talking to the gf's sister, this morning she drove of with her Ifor Williams behind her LDV and thought it seemed a bit sluggish, after couple of hundred yards got out to investigate, she had left the clamp on, so much for that as security devise!

Clamp stopped the wheel turning but she just dragged the unladen trailer along, a guess there was either rubber squel or scraping metal but she doesn't tend to notice things like that when in a hurry to get somewhere. :D

Archived