The dreaded damp!

Conrad

An update on my damp problem, again many thanks to those who gave good advice when I first posted this thread 5 months ago.

Chausson have now at last agreed the warranty claim. The dealer (3A's in Carmarthen) has been supportive in processing it, in part I suspect because they get a week's work at a good hourly rate! Plan is to replace the lining on roof of over-cab bed, above rear bunk and rear wall. Also getting new mattresses for both these beds. Just hope the temporary fix of extra sealant around leaking areas holds until February, when it's booked in - 10 week delivery on parts.

Excellent. Well done all, I think, for (eventually!) being sensible and reasonable. It sounds as though this will be quite a repair!

It might be of advantage if you can arrange to see the van during the repairs, especially the inside of that area around the roof seam, just to be able to see what is revealed once the damaged materials are removed, as the picture may change somewhat at that point. It would also give the message that a "third pair of eyes" will be looking, which, should the temptation arise (how could I ever suggest such a thing! :-)) to cut the odd corner, or not to investigate something that looks odd, but is not on the job sheet.

Besides which, it generally does no harm for the customer to be able to talk briefly to those doing the work, as it puts a face to a job, and that personal, human, touch can remind whoever is doing the work that someone who is not their immediate boss is relying on their skills! You'll need that man or woman firmly on your side!

Archived