Dumb folk go abroad in a pandemic.......

Guest pelmetman

malc d - 2020-07-27 3:05 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-07-27 2:58 PM

pepe63 - 2020-07-27 10:36 AM

malc d - 2020-07-27 9:44 AM

Are you referring to Grant Shapps - --- current Minister of TRANSPORT ?

:-|

Yes...he must be..surely...?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1314377/Grant-Shapps-latest-news-Spain-quarantine-isolate-14-days-coronavirus-COVID-19-update

..Grant Shapps...The Secretary of State for Transport...the "Dumb..thick as mince..Snowflake..." (.."prolly"?)

(lol)

Imposing these "quarantines" ( as "wooly" as they may be), as and when needed, does seem the sensible thing to do though..

(although, as I've posted before, with folk having not been able to have "contact" with loved ones for months, just why they would choose to shoehorne themselves into an aeroplane with a couple of hundred strangers, so soon , beats me..? *-) )

Oh dear........in the BREXITERS BIBLE no less!! (lol)

No response from Pelmet of course. *-)

Dave's gone off to do some research - to find out who Grant Shapps is.

;-)

He's yet another Johnson substitute they wheel out in place of the bone idle part time PM.

Turns out Shapps is so keen to get back to work he's returning to UK tomorrow and leaving his family sunning themselves.

pelmetman - 2020-07-28 8:40 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1314377/Grant-Shapps-latest-news-Spain-quarantine-isolate-14-days-coronavirus-COVID-19-update

..Grant Shapps...The Secretary of State for Transport...the "Dumb..thick as mince..Snowflake..." (.."prolly"?)

(lol)

Imposing these "quarantines" ( as "wooly" as they may be), as and when needed, does seem the sensible thing to do though..

(although, as I've posted before, with folk having not been able to have "contact" with loved ones for months, just why they would choose to shoehorne themselves into an aeroplane with a couple of hundred strangers, so soon , beats me..? *-) )

;-)

Your point is what (?) ..........

He took the risk, and now he will have to self isolate ;-) ........

My point is that is is very disrespectful of you to say one of the senior members of your political party is dumb.

( ... plus all the other things you said about people who are going abroad at the moment ).

:-| 8-) :-D B-) (^) *-) :-) (?) :'( :D

pelmetman - 2020-07-27 10:51 AM

StuartO - 2020-07-27 10:24 AM

The media seem to switch from one extreme to the other in pursuit of a sensationalist approach to COVID-19; one minute they are outraged and saying the Government were too slow imposing Lockdown and why won't they admit it, next they're interviewing people who feel hard done to because the Government acted quickly to impose quarantine on anyone returning from Spain - and nit picking about failure to discriminate between Spanish Islands and the Spanish Mainland.

And there can be no disputing that the Government made it clear as the travel options were opened up that they might be re-imposed quickly should the need arise.

Sadly our Boris Bashing LLLLB media and our resident Boris haters obviously lack any basic common sense ;-) ...........

They're all as Thick as Mince is my diagnosis Doctor O :D ........

If you set aside the critical tone of a number of the posts (including that above), the majority seem to be saying that those who went were at worst naïve or unwise - which is all you were saying in more derogatory terms - or were gulled by unclear government messaging.

As to their presumed politics, where does that come in? If you have confidence in the advice of your national government, which is what we are all supposed to have, why wouldn't you have gone? Isn't that what the "corridors" were supposed to promote?

You also seem to assume that all those now returning to quarantine booked after Covid arrived. I suspect that a number of those holidays had been booked before that event. The peak booking time is reputed to be just after Christmas.

But overall, what you really seem to be arguing is that you don't trust the advice of the government you so fervently support, as if you did, you wouldn't be saying those who did are "as Thick as Mince", would you?

Barryd999 - 2020-07-27 11:10 AM

...................................Its only a few areas in Northern Spain that have had a bit of a spike I believe so why they have imposed this on the entire country and the islands is beyond me really. Still, having said that I do seem to remember them saying the rules could change at any time. I Guess you go away, you run that risk. As difficult as it might be for me to say this it does seem like the government are being cautious on this and I cant condemn them for that.

My take is that the government were primarily trying to placate the howls of anguish from the travel industry resulting from our earlier quarantine requirements, and didn't foresee that their "corridors", in conjunction with more general Covid relaxations at home, would be seen quite so widely as a green light for holiday travel.

Birdbrain - 2020-07-28 7:44 PM

Boris/Tory bashing

I think Dave is Tory bashing. He has turned on his own people. He thinks people who flew off to Benidorm and the Costa del Ingleeesh Breakfast are as thick as mince. Lets face it, they probably all voted Tory and Brexit. Didnt he used to refer to his Spanish resort as Brexit on sea? (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-07-29 10:34 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-28 7:44 PM

Boris/Tory bashing

I think Dave is Tory bashing. He has turned on his own people. He thinks people who flew off to Benidorm and the Costa del Ingleeesh Breakfast are as thick as mince. Lets face it, they probably all voted Tory and Brexit. Didnt he used to refer to his Spanish resort as Brexit on sea? (lol)

He's said so himself and since Brian pointed that out to him yesterday, he's run off. :-|

malc d - 2020-07-29 8:01 PM

Grant Shapps should have used his other name ( Michael Green ) when he went away - then no-one would have noticed.

:-D

Hhmm.....yeah the pseudonym he flew under when working in a second job as a multimillion-dollar web marketer, which he denied until he got outed. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-07-28 5:31 PM

pelmetman - 2020-07-28 8:40 AM

(lol)

;-)

Your point is what (?) ..........

He took the risk, and now he will have to self isolate ;-) ........

My point is that is is very disrespectful of you to say one of the senior members of your political party is dumb.

( ... plus all the other things you said about people who are going abroad at the moment ).

:-| 8-) :-D B-) (^) *-) :-) (?) :'( :D

Frankly I think he was Dumb ;-) ...........

Us Tories are just as entitled to make a Dumb descision.......We just dont make as many as you LLLLB folk

>:-) ...........

Archived