Servicing of 2litre Blue HDI Citroen engine resulting in disconnection of fuel line

Zafira

That looks to me like they're securing the fuel pipe onto the metal filter feed by cable tying it round the lower bracket..

The yellow locking collar appears to be complete (at least from this side), from which I would surmise that it is the internal grip/lock mechanism of the pipe that has been damaged/failed. (The locking collar is, I think, a belts and braces affair, the main part of the fitting being the click-fit inside the connector, which is released by pressing on the green parts (either side)).

As I said above, the connection, though patently separate from the pipe, isn't (at least for Fiats) available separately. I can believe that the (correct) fuel pipe is the appropriate solution.

The Part Number (1614202780) is evidently common to Citroen and Peugeot.

Its description in one advert is as follows

PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION

parts group RF1 weight 0.56 kg

Fuel supply pipe length 69, width 31, height 12 cm

That sounds like the complete fuel-feed pipe assembly that connects to the filter unit - not just a small component - particularly as the part’s asking price is around £150.

• 2 weeks later...

An update/post script:

Thanks to all who replied/read my post and commented upon it.

I took the vehicle back to the Citroen dealer today and asked to speak to the company MD.

As Derek set out the replacement part was in fact a whole assembly of x2 parallel lengths of pipework to run from tank to fuel filter, getting on for 1 .5m-2m in length. I kept drilling down for more details of exactly what had happened/which part was faulty etc.

It was a time-served (30years) mechanic who had serviced the vehicle, and in fact the bit that had broken was one of the plastic, external, retaining clips to the right of/behind the yellow plastic clip which can be seen in the photo I posted.

So the garage have held their hands up & said it was the mechanics fault (tight working space, didn't realise the clip was broken, etc etc).

The MD had no idea that they'd had 4 or 5 other incidents and wasn't able to tell me if the same mechanic was involved in those.......

The tab for the work (and to fill up my diesel tank) has been picked up by the garage rather than Citroen.

Archived