Sally Clark R.I.P

chas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chas ,

if you don't mind would you answer the man with the large IQ level.

Did you really mean to start this thread with the intentions of calling ALL the experts rubbish ? I don't think you did.

caradoc ,

sorry I did apologise and I don't take the apology away at all if I upset you however I do believe that I also read it as Clive h did . I thought it a bit personal to you and you shouldn't have to defend your profession.

Good and bad in all sa la vie .

Everytime someone calls a copper my husband don't jump and when people call them on here nor do I se la vie thats the way it goes.

Frank once again you are the one who show's their true colours

Leopard spots appearing day by day .. How rude can you be to Dave whom has only ever be kind to you .

You are so insulting and rude .

Have you never ever stood back and though seriously, thought about how you come over ..NO I DONT THINK SO .

You are always the first one to scream you are a deffinite TIGGER POUNCER. You remind me of Hyacinth Boquet even the vicor runs when she calls.

You always wait butt in and then say "( I,m entitled to my opinion ?

seems no one else is. You always pick the bones out of everything picking up peoples quotes He said She said.....Childish.

Do you know how to debate I would of thought a man of your IQ level would .Us lesser mortals with a level lower than two obviously can't but its you who alway results to mud slinging .

As said before this is an open forum and chatterbox to chat about everything .

The world wouldn't go around if we all thought the same .

Thank god I,m not in your world.

Clive h I'll tempered ? what a cheek OOP's sorry only you are entitled to your opinion .

Lynch Mob mentality you really do think your a cut above perhaps you should join the MENSA site forum.......... SUITS YOU SIR...........but then perhaps your IQ isn't good enough for them they might leave you seriously dangling in the wind

Starspirit you really should read things correctly.

I keep telling you that now someone wth a higher IQ has please take it in .

Frank .(Sorry laughing at this point ) ROTF .............

I,m out of this thread typical you stir it up and Pounce away TIGGERS GONE

"I would first ask all reasonable people to do one thing "

You are a cheeky git Frank.

Opinionated sad boring old fart ............

Firstly I really thought that I had you wrong and really tried to give you another go ...........Second thoughts NO...........

they say stick with your instincts gut ones especially .so how many is that you have managed to attack now lets see

Brian

Clive h

Starspirit

Melb

Dave Newell

Enodreven

pete

Howie

wayne

Michele

Anyone else on your list .......TRY THE MODS NEXT ..............

Frank ,

I forgot Donna .....

perhaps I will think of more later I,m on the Mensa site now just building my IQ levels up a little . You think when it goes up if it goes up I will be as arrogant as you ? :D i hope it dont go up I would rather stay at this level.

It's fun down here . I can't reach my derrier yet.... :->

I always enjoy Franks postings which on the whole are intelligent, forthright and well informed. The problem is that as soon as someone has the temerity to offer an opinion that differs from his own all the toys come out of the pram.

Whether he is hyper sensitive or just gets a buzz out of putting people in their place I don,t know, but unless he softens his attitude towards others with a less beligerent attitude then sadly everyone will simply pass him by.

A good example is this current thread on Sally Clark. I imagine like many others I have my own thoughts on this sad topic, but why stick my head over the parapet when there,s every likelyhood of having my head blown off if someone like Frank happens to disagree.

There,s many times i,ve got it hopelessly wrong, but using Brian Kirby as another example, things have been explained to me in a patient and polite way that has never left me feeling belittled or humiliated in the eyes of fellow forum users.

Come on Frank. I know you,ve taken some stick in the past, but try to understand that in any debate you should always take into account other peoples feelings and that they are entitled to view any given subject in their own particular way.

It seems I have come in late to the joys of Franks postings! And I must say at first I thought it must have been something I said. But I am now certain it was not, judged by what Howie, Michelle and others say above and in PM’s.

On the subject of intelligence, I must say that having dealt with the general public virtually all my working life, it is my opinion that intelligence and arrogance are rarely seen in the same person.

The complete fool bluffs and blusters and tries to insist he is right.

The intelligent person listens carefully, asks questions and takes advice.

I will leave others to ponder what I am inferring.

;-)

Hi Michelle- I did not dream that when I first posted my thoughts , how out of hand it would get. I was mentioning a real travisty of justise and the heartbreaking result. The "experts" was just one point that deserved mentioning. Like most things in life there are good ones and bad ones, and there does not seem to be a system in place to weed out the rubbish ones.

The mention of Sallys past drinking problems, in my opinion is not a issue in this sad tale, my thought was of the absolute horror of loosing children and being sentanced to prison, and can you imagine the treatment that was meeted out by fellow prisoners to a "child killer". My post was a reflection of sadness and as the title said, R.I.P Sally. chas

Well I'll be sorry to see him go. Whilst posts by Brain Clark et al are very informative if the entire forum was like him logging on to this site would be a bit like reading your motorhome's instruction book. I agree with him about the 'lynch mob mentality''. I don't often contribute, mainly using this site as a learning forum and to be honest I get a bit annoyed with the ill-informed rush to opinion that we get. I was interested in the thread about Warner's not allowing more than a certain number of tradesmen at its show as this is an area that I'm involved in (landlord and tenant, estate management). Out you all come: Disgraceful, restriction of trade, boycott the show, I'm going to write to Mr. Warner etc. etc. Frank simply pointed out why this happens and that tradesmen who are paying a lot of money for a franchise are entitled to know that there will not be so many competitors that it's not worth attending. This thread then abruptly ended, obviously because you all realised that he was right. Not one of you acknowledged his input even though I suspect that you knew he was right and that your ill-thought-out rapid inputs had been totally wrong.

What I also find wrong is that if you agree with an argument, anything goes. Dave Newell's and CliveH's comments in this thread have been deplorable but you agree with their argument, so that's OK. But if someone is also rude (as Frank can be, I agree) then they are 'always right' and 'throwing their toys out'. I too deplored this thread where 'experts' and 'people with letters after their name' were pilloried because of the actions of a few. You may be interested to know that many medical experts are now refusing to ask act as expert witnesses in child abuse cases because they are not prepared to risk their careers on facts coming to light which may well make their original and genuine opinions wrong. The losers here will now be the children that they are usually protecting.

To Mr. Moderator, if you ban Frank, fine it's your site but have you read the posts by CliveH for example? If anyone needs banning it's him! I shall now retire to another few weeks of obscurity and let the seven or eight people who dominate this section get on with their ill-informed chatter.

Frank was not banned solely for his actions on this thread.

Over the past few months there's scarcely been a regular visitor who hasn't felt his scorn. When people saw how easy it was to get him to lose his temper, some 'baited' him into cutting loose at every opportunity. The overall effect was that many threads degenerated into thinly-veiled abuse, including some started by new forum members posting genuine questions - new members who were left with quite the wrong impression of the behaviour generally employed by the majority of forum regulars (which is helpful, friendly and - in most cases - courteous). Some of these new members never returned.

At the end of the day, my responsibility is to ensure that the forums continue to thrive. This means doing things that I'd rather not - if it wasn't for his temper and propensity for taking innocent comments as personal attacks then I'd quite happily have left Frank alone. There have been plenty worse than him that once ignored have left of their own accord - but Frank would not be ignored. Several attempts at describing the problem to him - and polite requests to mend this behaviour - had no long-term effects. This is why he has been banned.

And if anyone else behaves like this, they will also be banned. End of discussion.

Hi Gill. Up to a point I agree with what you say and many will miss Franks contributions as well. You mention "ill informed chatter". No problem with that and i,m quite willing to rethink my views and further my education, but not at the risk of being made out to be something thats just crawled out of the gutter.

Some of the responses to Franks postings were exactly that, just responses, where others felt they had to reply to comments he made. Uncalled for perhaps, but how can you not respond when personal remarks are publicly aired.

Anyway its done with now, and while our level of intelligence sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, lets hope future threads can muddle along without the bitterness and bad feeling of late.

Archived