New!!! Motorhome Friendly Parking PoI Set for Download

GJH

A few weeks ago a member of another forum mentioned that she was thinking of using some of the information from my web site to generate PoIs for her Sat Nav device if she could find out how.

That got me thinking - and the result is that I have created a set myself - a total of 1200 places where it should be possible to park during the day. Finished it this afternoon and put it on the web site for free download by anyone who wants a copy for personal use. There is a link to the download page near the top of the home page.

The records within the PoI file are intended for use with information displayed on the www.motorhomeparking.co.uk web site.

Hope a few people find it useful.

Graham

P.S. I've also created a set for Energas bottled gas suppliers.

peter - 2007-03-19 11:54 PM

Thanks GJ. Pity I can't use them in Autoroute, as I don't have a TomTom. I have a Mio 250.

Hello Peter,

I started with Tom Tom because that's what we have. When I get time I'll investigate whether there are any tools out there which will translate the raw dataset for use by other devices.

Graham

Graham

Thank you for your excellent work and for allowing free downloads. You have put in an enormous amount of work which will be of benefit for all motorhomers.

I am sure that as more MHs see your post and download the information you will get more posts thanking you for your efforts.

Kind regards from a grateful recipient of all your hard work and unselfish sharing.

Pat

peter - 2007-03-19 11:54 PM Pity I can't use them in Autoroute, as I don't have a TomTom. I have a Mio 250.

On running a Google search I discovered a program called POIConvertor which will convert a Tom Tom PoI set for use by various other devices/programs, including Autoroute. The program, written and made available by Richard Davies, is available for download from http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/poiconverter.html

As long as the conditions of use on my web site are adhered to I am very happy for people to convert my PoI sets using that program.

Graham

I've now made the Parking PoI set available as a set of Waypoints for use with Google Earth so anyone can download that version and use it with mapping software on their PC without having to have a Sat Nav device.

There are some limitations on the Google Earth mapping coverage for certain areas but hopefully that will improve in time.

Regards,

Graham

Archived