Woof.....

Guest pelmetman

F.....g dogs and their owners. Just got back from walking to the Butchers. We were at different times attacked by two dogs .The first the owner was walking with four and one went past came up behind my wife and bit her leg.

The second time half hour later dog came racing across a field lept up to my face level. I managed to kick it off. It returned to its owner then charged again,This time I kicked it underneath at least 3 feet into the air.

What if kids were walking there. It’s totally unacceptable that people can’t walk on public footpaths without being attacked in this way.

jumpstart - 2020-10-05 12:37 PM

F.....g dogs and their owners. Just got back from walking to the Butchers. We were at different times attacked by two dogs .The first the owner was walking with four and one went past came up behind my wife and bit her leg.

The second time half hour later dog came racing across a field lept up to my face level. I managed to kick it off. It returned to its owner then charged again,This time I kicked it underneath at least 3 feet into the air.

What if kids were walking there. It’s totally unacceptable that people can’t walk on public footpaths without being attacked in this way.

Have you reported the attacks to the police? Ideally you would also have photoed the dogs and the owners - and their car reg if you could see it, to give the police a good start.

StuartO - 2020-10-05 1:38 PM

Have you reported the attacks to the police? Ideally you would also have photoed the dogs and the owners - and their car reg if you could see it, to give the police a good start.

We didn’t-think to take photos at the time, but we do a lot of country walking and often have dogs rush up to us and jump up. Even that is not acceptable and it’s mainly because the owners dont have control of the dog. One jumped up and nipped at my wife face a couple of months ago,what would it do to a child.

jumpstart - 2020-10-05 1:46 PM

We didn’t-think to take photos at the time, but we do a lot of country walking and often have dogs rush up to us and jump up. Even that is not acceptable and it’s mainly because the owners dont have control of the dog. One jumped up and nipped at my wife face a couple of months ago,what would it do to a child.

If the dog did what you describe then the owner is liable for prosecution. I must admit from my experience of dog walkers i've never come across this ever at all so see it as an extreme rarity. I've owned dogs myself and can tell you dogs (excepting police dogs) generally attack for two reasons, defence or provocation. It's extremely rare for a dog to go straight up to a stranger and bite them without reason. Even wild dogs don't do that. Kicking a dog won't help matters either and i can't help but wonder which came first, the kick or the bite?

Bulletguy - 2020-10-05 2:20 PM

If the dog did what you describe then the owner is liable for prosecution. I must admit from my experience of dog walkers i've never come across this ever at all so see it as an extreme rarity. I've owned dogs myself and can tell you dogs (excepting police dogs) generally attack for two reasons, defence or provocation. It's extremely rare for a dog to go straight up to a stranger and bite them without reason. Even wild dogs don't do that. Kicking a dog won't help matters either and i can't help but wonder which came first, the kick or the bite?

How much walking do you do.? We do 100 miles a month. Fairly regularly dogs jump up which on its own is totally unacceptable. Personally I have never been bitten but I think that is because dogs steer a bit more away from males. This is their rd time my wife has been bitten and this time four dogs off lead on a lane they walked past but one turned came up behind my wife and nipped her on the calf. The woman apologised profusely,but what if it had been a child’s face.

The second time today we were on a public footpath across a field. A woman and a dog were on the other side. The dog stars running full pelt towards us,the woman shouts it’s going to jump up at you. It bypasses me and leaps at my wife, I turned and kicked it. It raced back to its owner. She says nothing. It then starts to race full pelt towards us again,as it swerved to miss me I kicked it in the air and it raced away. The woman never said another word. Extremely rare....no. They certainly are defending someone but should be on a lead if they are unreliable. Dogs are dangerous animals , most people do not know what they will do next.

Guest pelmetman

You should be blaming the owner ;-) ...........

Not the dog :-| ........

Sadly there are a lot of irresponsible dog owners out there *-) ..........

When I rule the world I will bring back the dog licence, and make it illeagal to own a dog unless you have passed a exam proving you are capable of looking after a dog :D ..........

The same should apply before people are allowed to have kids >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 8:55 AM

When I rule the world I will bring back the dog licence, and make it illeagal to own a dog unless you have passed a exam proving you are capable of looking after a dog :D ..........

Quite agree ,i do blame the owners. All dogs in public should be muzzled by law.

When you are in charge can we have free ice cream?

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-10-06 9:11 AM

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 8:55 AM

Quite agree ,i do blame the owners. All dogs in public should be muzzled by law.

When you are in charge can we have free ice cream?

"When you are in charge can we have free ice cream?"

Only for responsible dog owners :D ..........

jumpstart - 2020-10-05 2:45 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-10-05 2:20 PM

How much walking do you do.? We do 100 miles a month. Fairly regularly dogs jump up which on its own is totally unacceptable. Personally I have never been bitten but I think that is because dogs steer a bit more away from males. This is their rd time my wife has been bitten and this time four dogs off lead on a lane they walked past but one turned came up behind my wife and nipped her on the calf. The woman apologised profusely,but what if it had been a child’s face.

The second time today we were on a public footpath across a field. A woman and a dog were on the other side. The dog stars running full pelt towards us,the woman shouts it’s going to jump up at you. It bypasses me and leaps at my wife, I turned and kicked it. It raced back to its owner. She says nothing. It then starts to race full pelt towards us again,as it swerved to miss me I kicked it in the air and it raced away. The woman never said another word. Extremely rare....no. They certainly are defending someone but should be on a lead if they are unreliable. Dogs are dangerous animals , most people do not know what they will do next.

I trust my dogs far more than I trust most human beings. I walk my Springer 7 miles a day my Basset hound only does 5 of them. I've had dogs for most of my life and only seen a dog bite twice one was when the small dog owner shrieked and lifted her dog up the other dog leaped up and either deliberately or accidentally bit the small dog, the other case was myself when my beautiful female Basset savaged me she was diagnosed with a possible brain tumor but I had her euthanised anyway because of the danger to the general public. I still miss her it was medical not behavior based.

Archived