Truma Combi 6E Gas heating problem

david lloyd

On two occasions today the Truma Combi heater started blowing hot air despite being turned off at the LCD panel. It is set to gas and the hot water was selected at 'hot' but was not running as it was up to temperature. I double checked that the heater was off but it kept running. I turned the water heater to off but the heating kept blowing. The warning code W 17 H was displayed so I checked everything that the handbook suggested and found no problems. Finally, I turned off the Sargent EC500 system and, of course, the heater went off with everything else. A minute or two later the 12v was turned back on and the warning had cleared, the heater did not come back on. Later I put the water heater on to 'Hot' and again after a short while, the heater started blowing hot air without the heater being turned on. Switching the EC500 off and on again reset the system again.

I have emailed Truma service to see if they can identify the issue but, in the meantime, as we are away for some time in the van I wondered if any members had experienced this and knew of a solution?

Many thanks, David

Archived