Burstner A Class cab door trim

weldted

Hi all, I have a 2019 Burstner IXEO 736 A class, the central locking on the cab door has stopped working, the electric window still works. We called into our dealer for the damp check, they said that the motor needed replacing. With respect nothing looks to have been disturbed as in checking it. We are in France until the end of the year and wondered about removing the trim to check. I was told the these are a bit of a bugger to remove there is no screws etc and the trim is captured buy the surrounding metal frame. Well aware re the warranty but the dealer will post the motor to me if I want when they get it. Any ideas please.

They probably know of a common fault and didn’t need to remove anything to know of items required.

Not sure with a 12 month old vehicle if I’d like to give it a go myself.

Could they send the motor to a closer fitter.

Your very lucky to be spending so long away and I must say I’m a little envious.

Take care

Den

Thanks for your reply, we are self isolating at our cottage, we are fairly self sufficient. Out of respect we are in a foreign country and do not wish to endanger anyone. But feel safer here out in the sticks than we would in our home town.

Suggest you wait until you get back to the UK and have the fault addressed then. Your UK Burstner dealer knows about the problem, so there should be no difficulty with it being dealt with under warrant when you get home.

I doubt if a French Burstner dealership would agree to fit the locking motor if it were sent to you as there’d be warranty complications. Besides which, if you’ve decided to self-isolate strictly, I’m pretty sure you won’t want to visit a French dealership unless you really must.

As long as you can make the door reasonably secure from inside the motorhome, seeking to explore where the fault might lie just in case there’s a simple fix (like a loose wire) would be asking for trouble, particularly as you are aware of reports that removing the trim is difficult, Best not to attempt it...

Ted, is there a Burstner dealer near you in France? Thinking of your trip home, I imagine your greatest concern would be during that journey or, if using a ferry, leaving the van during the crossing. For peace of mind, contacting your nearest Burstner dealership should get a proper repair done. They may be reluctant as they didn't sell it, but at least you'd then know whether or not they are willing to assist.

Thanks for that Brian, there’s no great rush the door can still be locked with the key and we don’t use it very often. The motor for the lock appears to be on back order. Weather it’s an adapted Fiat one or Burstner I don’t know, two reasons one to save a long round trip to the dealer, and to give me something to do whilst we are self isolating.. also how the trim is fitted as there are no screws or apparent clips and it has a lip under a metal frame.

Archived