Lost.

jumpstart

Daily Mail: Missing adventurer, 37, sent boyfriend photo seven days ago during her month-long Pyrenees trek.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8998067/Missing-adventurer-37-sent-boyfriend-photo-seven-days-ago-month-long-Pyrenees-trek.html

Read the BBC article on their travels a week ago.

Now she is missing.

On her own in the mountains is very dangerous.

Considering both appear to be 'experienced' she seems to have lacked preparation. If insistent on going off solo walking (why bother being a couple), at least make sure you have spare phone batteries instead of relying on one. And surely she's aware they can be charge by solar? Wearing dark clothing....another big mistake. The only 'right thing' she had done was pack a yellow tent.....pity she hadn't pitched it as by now that's what would have located her, alive or dead.

Bulletguy - 2020-11-30 9:37 PM

Considering both appear to be 'experienced' she seems to have lacked preparation. If insistent on going off solo walking (why bother being a couple), at least make sure you have spare phone batteries instead of relying on one. And surely she's aware they can be charge by solar? Wearing dark clothing....another big mistake. The only 'right thing' she had done was pack a yellow tent.....pity she hadn't pitched it as by now that's what would have located her, alive or dead.

Why dont you wait and see the outcome instead of being so high and mighty ... The poor girl may have fallen, been attacked and still be alive right now unable to move, use her phone or anything and you are sickeningly telling us about the only "right thing" she has done ... Stick to your usual hate subjects please, me included if it means you lay off this poor lass

I thought i would post this because they are motorhomers.

As we also do a lot of hiking and in mountains i do try to take various backup devices with us. It only takes one slip to get an injured leg or disorientated to find yourself in a dangerous position. Crossing streams in flood is also precarious . At this time of year walking on your own in the mountains is not advisable.

I feel great sympathy for her partner who must now be desperate to find her.

Archived