Immigrants

Bulletguy

Birdbrain - 2020-12-06 2:57 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-06 11:25 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-12-05 7:00 PM..............................."selectively highlight only their reported misdemeanours" ... Chuckle ... What a drip ... You mean like terrorist murder in this country, sex gangs etc etc ... Lordy ... I'm to blame for having the nerve to post on those vile acts ??? ... Darling blame those that give me the fuel to feed my supposed "extremism" und lets be fair they give much fuel

And the others?? The good guys? When do you mention them?

Bad news sells ... The squad on here have been selling it for years ... That doesnt seem to flare your piles up like my news does though does it

So yes, selective news picking. What is that supposed to achieve? Mutual understanding?

The Muslim population (all ethnicities) of UK is about 5% (ONS, 2018), so 1 in 20. Total deaths from terrorism (i.e. all those classified as related to terrorism) in UK can be found in this: https://tinyurl.com/y33o3b93 House of Commons Library Research Briefing. Download it and read it, breathe in and out slowly, and then ask yourself why it agitates you so much.

Compare the loss of life in UK from Islamic terrorism with the carnage caused by the IRA. Is it good or acceptable? Of course it isn't. Is it serious? Of course it is. But is it worth getting botty problems over? Not to me. There are substantially more murders in UK annually than there are deaths due to terrorism. Calm down, dear, it isn't anything like as lethal as Covid!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-12-06 7:13 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-12-05 7:00 PM..............................."selectively highlight only their reported misdemeanours" ... Chuckle ... What a drip ... You mean like terrorist murder in this country, sex gangs etc etc ... Lordy ... I'm to blame for having the nerve to post on those vile acts ??? ... Darling blame those that give me the fuel to feed my supposed "extremism" und lets be fair they give much fuel

Bad news sells ... The squad on here have been selling it for years ... That doesnt seem to flare your piles up like my news does though does it

So yes, selective news picking. What is that supposed to achieve? Mutual understanding?

The Muslim population (all ethnicities) of UK is about 5% (ONS, 2018), so 1 in 20. Total deaths from terrorism (i.e. all those classified as related to terrorism) in UK can be found in this: https://tinyurl.com/y33o3b93 House of Commons Library Research Briefing. Download it and read it, breathe in and out slowly, and then ask yourself why it agitates you so much.

Compare the loss of life in UK from Islamic terrorism with the carnage caused by the IRA. Is it good or acceptable? Of course it isn't. Is it serious? Of course it is. But is it worth getting botty problems over? Not to me. There are substantially more murders in UK annually than there are deaths due to terrorism. Calm down, dear, it isn't anything like as lethal as Covid!

I noticed the increase of right wing extremists over the past three years being locked up on that briefing paper.

Mmmm ... Death by burning alive in a block of flats aint nothing on Covid but you seem to wanna bitch on and get all Anusol about that Brian ... That be different though wont it Princess ... Maybe you wanna ask the parents of those killed at Manchester Arena if its worth getting "botty problems over" "Islamic terrorism" ... Jeez

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-06 7:38 PM

I noticed the increase of right wing extremists over the past three years being locked up on that briefing paper.

Do they out number Islamic extremists? :-| ..........

They should shouldn't they?.......... Considering they are from the majority 80% of the UK population compared to the just 5% of the population that Muslim extremists come from ;-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

Why are you comparing Nationalist terrorists with Islamic terrorists? :-S ........

Has the IRA murdered 10's of 1000's all over the world? *-) ........

Birdbrain - 2020-12-06 7:54 PM

Mmmm ... Death by burning alive in a block of flats aint nothing on Covid but you seem to wanna bitch on and get all Anusol about that Brian ... That be different though wont it Princess ... Maybe you wanna ask the parents of those killed at Manchester Arena if its worth getting "botty problems over" "Islamic terrorism" ... Jeez

The safety risks in blocks of flats illegally clad with flammable cladding are very real. The UK has legislation to prevent such materials being used, but it seems RBKC, who were responsible for granting the approvals, were staggeringly incompetent. So, it seems, were a number of other building control bodies around the country. So yes, I am concerned about that, because people ultimately rely on those authorities to ensure their safety whenever they are in buildings. That they didn't do their jobs properly is a national disgrace. But I made no linkage between that situation and terrorism, that was your (strange) choice. I see no connection whatever between the two.

If you ask the families of victims, and survivors, of atrocities of any kind what they want, it is for the perpetrators to be identified, tried, and sentenced. That is the only similarity between the victims of terrorism and those of criminally incompetent public authorities.

Those impacted by the Manchester Arena bombing (May 2017) have now had such justice as the UK provides. Those impacted by the Grenfell Tower fire (June 2017) are still waiting, and seem liable to have to wait for some time yet. That is not right.

As above, botty problems (i.e. piles) was your (highly dubious) introduction, not mine. You seem to have an uncomfortable familiarity with them. You have my sympathy.

pelmetman - 2020-12-07 9:25 AM

Why are you comparing Nationalist terrorists with Islamic terrorists? :-S ........

I made no such comparison. I highlighted the relative numbers of people killed by home grown, and imported terrorists. I also pointed out that non-terrorist related killing (i.e.) murder, claims more UK lives in an average year than terrorism.

Since the title of the string is "Immigrants", and we are in the UK, I assume the intention is to focus on what happens within the UK, which is what we can control and what affects us directly. The rest of the world's countries must deal with their their problems within their own jurisdictions. Why bring in what we have no control over?

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-07 5:12 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-12-06 7:54 PM

The safety risks in blocks of flats illegally clad with flammable cladding are very real. The UK has legislation to prevent such materials being used, but it seems RBKC, who were responsible for granting the approvals, were staggeringly incompetent. So, it seems, were a number of other building control bodies around the country. So yes, I am concerned about that, because people ultimately rely on those authorities to ensure their safety whenever they are in buildings. That they didn't do their jobs properly is a national disgrace. But I made no linkage between that situation and terrorism, that was your (strange) choice. I see no connection whatever between the two.

If you ask the families of victims, and survivors, of atrocities of any kind what they want, it is for the perpetrators to be identified, tried, and sentenced. That is the only similarity between the victims of terrorism and those of criminally incompetent public authorities.

Those impacted by the Manchester Arena bombing (May 2017) have now had such justice as the UK provides. Those impacted by the Grenfell Tower fire (June 2017) are still waiting, and seem liable to have to wait for some time yet. That is not right.

As above, botty problems (i.e. piles) was your (highly dubious) introduction, not mine. You seem to have an uncomfortable familiarity with them. You have my sympathy.

Why is it "not right" that Grenfell families have to wait until a thorough investigation and legal process has taken place FGS ... You seem to be upset that a Muslim terrorist attacks legal case or part of it has concluded ... Whats wrong with you

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-12-07 5:25 PM

I made no such comparison. I highlighted the relative numbers of people killed by home grown, and imported terrorists. I also pointed out that non-terrorist related killing (i.e.) murder, claims more UK lives in an average year than terrorism.

Since the title of the string is "Immigrants", and we are in the UK, I assume the intention is to focus on what happens within the UK, which is what we can control and what affects us directly. The rest of the world's countries must deal with their their problems within their own jurisdictions. Why bring in what we have no control over?

We would have control over illegal immigrants if weren't for our Loony Liberal Lefty biased judicial system *-) .........

No doubt a system that YOU support? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-12-08 8:53 AM

We would have control over illegal immigrants if weren't for our Loony Liberal Lefty biased judicial system *-) .........

No, it isn't. But what make you so sure that it is only illegal immigrants, who by definition the authorities do not know about, who are the terrorists? Don't understand your reasoning.

Birdbrain - 2020-12-07 7:05 PM..........................Why is it "not right" that Grenfell families have to wait until a thorough investigation and legal process has taken place FGS ... You seem to be upset that a Muslim terrorist attacks legal case or part of it has concluded ... Whats wrong with you

I can't answer that Antony. I first need it translated into English! Sorry, makes no sense at all as written.

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-09 11:44 AM

pelmetman - 2020-12-08 8:53 AM

No, it isn't. But what make you so sure that it is only illegal immigrants, who by definition the authorities do not know about, who are the terrorists? Don't understand your reasoning.

Well Pelmet?

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-09 11:48 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-12-07 7:05 PM..........................Why is it "not right" that Grenfell families have to wait until a thorough investigation and legal process has taken place FGS ... You seem to be upset that a Muslim terrorist attacks legal case or part of it has concluded ... Whats wrong with you

I can't answer that Antony. I first need it translated into English! Sorry, makes no sense at all as written.

Good luck on that. The majority of his posts make no sense!

Bulletguy - 2020-12-09 1:27 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-09 11:48 AM

Good luck on that. The majority of his posts make no sense!

What makes "no sense" is that you dedicate much of your time trawling through another forum and looking for the home address of one you claim "makes no sense" on here ... Cheese sandwich Christmas dinner for one again ???

Archived