The Brexit Blog

Bulletguy

Some good points raised in this blog for those interested enough to read (lots of embedded links too).

These are not ‘new EU rules’, they are the rules that apply to all countries outside the EU (and the single market). Their application to Britons is a consequence of Brexit. And whilst those voters who did not understand that can be criticized for their lack of attention, the real criticism should be reserved for those Brexit campaigners, such as Michael Gove, who explicitly promised that there were ‘international laws’ which meant that there would be no such consequence.

Being out of the EU will not feel any different to being in it. That disillusionment will be exacerbated the first time Britain has to comply with some new EU rule or ECJ ruling into which it no longer has any input.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/when-transition-ends.html

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-05 3:37 PM

Some good points raised in this blog for those interested enough to read (lots of embedded links too).

These are not ‘new EU rules’, they are the rules that apply to all countries outside the EU (and the single market). Their application to Britons is a consequence of Brexit. And whilst those voters who did not understand that can be criticized for their lack of attention, the real criticism should be reserved for those Brexit campaigners, such as Michael Gove, who explicitly promised that there were ‘international laws’ which meant that there would be no such consequence.

Being out of the EU will not feel any different to being in it. That disillusionment will be exacerbated the first time Britain has to comply with some new EU rule or ECJ ruling into which it no longer has any input.

https://chrisgreyLoserblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/when-transition-ends.html

Sorted yours and Mr Grey typos :D ..........

pelmetman - 2020-12-05 8:50 PM

You've just tried to rename a Brexit blog "the loser blog".......well done, another spectacular own goal! (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-05 9:01 PM

You've just tried to rename a Brexit blog "the loser blog".......well done, another spectacular own goal! (lol)(lol)

From your link ;-) ..........

"Chris Grey

I am Emeritus Professor of Organization Studies at Royal Holloway, University of London, and was previously a Professor at Cambridge University and Warwick University. I am a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS). I originally studied Economics and Politics at Manchester University, where I also gained a PhD on the regulation of financial services. I blog in a personal capacity and all views expressed are mine, not those of any institution or organization. My Brexit Blog is accompanied by a twitter feed @chrisgreybrexit"

Does it sound like he's a Brexiteer? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2020-12-06 9:17 AM............................

"Chris Grey

I am Emeritus Professor of Organization Studies at Royal Holloway, University of London, and was previously a Professor at Cambridge University and Warwick University. I am a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS). I originally studied Economics and Politics at Manchester University, where I also gained a PhD on the regulation of financial services. I blog in a personal capacity and all views expressed are mine, not those of any institution or organization. My Brexit Blog is accompanied by a twitter feed @chrisgreybrexit"

Good point, Dave. So why not stick up your credentials, so we can decide who might have the greater credibility?

pelmetman - 2020-12-06 9:17 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-12-05 9:01 PM

"Chris Grey

Hhhmm.....are you saying all Brexiteers are thick as mince so this chap can't possibly be one because he's educated and clever!!? (lol)(lol)

I agree a lot of them are totally thick as we've seen from your regular inane rants but there are some capable of stringing more than a tweet like sentence and thinking outside the echo chamber Brexit box. In fact I posted a good example of that on the Fishing rights thread with loony thick as mince Brexiteer June Mummery spouting utter rubbish ended up falling out with another Brexiteer who happens to have a brain.

• 3 months later...
I hope that the government will be able to find a way out of this situation. I noticed that this is now one of the most discussed topics in Britain and everyone has their own opinion on it. Even bloggers decided to participate in the discussion of the EU, which surprised me very much. It's just that bloggers are those people who talk about absolutely any topic, but have never touched on politics. I even thought about starting a political blog on the Instagram and writing my first blog post about 'new EU rules'. The news does not give a complete description about this situation.

Archived