Makes Sense Doesnt It ...

Birdbrain

Yes four little Navy boats to police thousands of square miles and thousands of foreign boats I am sure will be useful (as a rabble rousing headline) to protect the 0.1% of our economy fishing industry. What are they doing to protect our services industry do you know which is 80% of our economy? I would suggest retaining Single Market access would be a good idea on that one rather than bobbing about in a patrol boat to cheer up Sun Readers.

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-12-12 7:07 AM

... You protect your waters from those illegally in it ... https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-armed-navy-boats-on-standby-to-protect-uk-waters-in-case-of-no-deal-12158624 ... Sumat we can all agree with

Our resident EU bottom lickers wont agree (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

I suspect come Sunday they'll all be hiding behind the sofa >:-) .........

Barryd999 - 2020-12-12 8:28 AM

Yes four little Navy boats to police thousands of square miles and thousands of foreign boats I am sure will be useful (as a rabble rousing headline) to protect the 0.1% of our economy fishing industry. What are they doing to protect our services industry do you know which is 80% of our economy? I would suggest retaining Single Market access would be a good idea on that one rather than bobbing about in a patrol boat to cheer up Sun Readers.

Dint take long did it ... Obviously protecting our waters from criminals aint sumat we can agree on ... I thought you liked international law ???

Birdbrain - 2020-12-12 8:39 AM

Dint take long did it ... Obviously protecting our waters from criminals aint sumat we can agree on ... I thought you liked international law ???

Criminals? Are European fisherman now classed as criminals? What a Bizarre claim.

What about those foreign fishing companies that bought our Quotas? Are they now criminals if they continue to use them just because we said you cant because we have a Brexit? I imagine their answer will be "see you in court".

Barryd999 - 2020-12-12 9:22 AM

Criminals? Are European fisherman now classed as criminals? What a Bizarre claim.

What about those foreign fishing companies that bought our Quotas? Are they now criminals if they continue to use them just because we said you cant because we have a Brexit? I imagine their answer will be "see you in court".

European fisherman that break the law will be criminals of course ... You have history on here for not grasping what makes one a "criminal" ... Hate on

... its "fisher person" now by the way ...

Birdbrain - 2020-12-12 9:30 AM

European fisherman that break the law will be criminals of course ... You have history on here for not grasping what makes one a "criminal" ... Hate on

Its a bit of a legal nightmare though. If they own the rights and quotas. Could get messy. The Sun readers might get all excited about the prospects of a Navy patrol boat sinking a French Trawler but I suspect the rest of the world will take a dim view on such action. It all serves to prove just how its all been about sticking it to Johnny Foreigner though doesn't it? A tiny insignificant industry such as fishing will determine the economic future of everything else just because half the country doesnt like foreigners very much.

As someone said on another thread though, all the European fishermen have to do is blockade the ports. The French are pretty good at that. *-)

Barryd999 - 2020-12-12 11:03 AM

Its a bit of a legal nightmare though. If they own the rights and quotas. Could get messy. The Sun readers might get all excited about the prospects of a Navy patrol boat sinking a French Trawler but I suspect the rest of the world will take a dim view on such action. It all serves to prove just how its all been about sticking it to Johnny Foreigner though doesn't it? A tiny insignificant industry such as fishing will determine the economic future of everything else just because half the country doesnt like foreigners very much.

As someone said on another thread though, all the European fishermen have to do is blockade the ports. The French are pretty good at that. *-)

You know nothing ... Our fishing industry has suffered almost to the point of extinction because of your club ... The rules about country waters are simple princess , you choose to complicate it because that suits your anti-Brexit agenda ... Hate away

Bib cracked me up but yes.....that sums up the insanity of rabid Brexit nutjobs like the Dimmer twins who think we still have an Empire. *-)

Guest pelmetman

Criminals? Are European fisherman now classed as criminals?

Only if they fish in our waters at 1 minute past midnight 2021 ;-) .......

Birdbrain - 2020-12-12 12:16 PM

You know nothing ... Our fishing industry has suffered almost to the point of extinction because of your club ... The rules about country waters are simple princess , you choose to complicate it because that suits your anti-Brexit agenda ... Hate away

Its more complicated than that. If strict rules had not been in place there would be no feckin fish left anyway. When was the last time in our history that fishing was a massive part of our economy? Not int mine or your lifetime i reckon.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-12 8:01 PM

Its more complicated than that. If strict rules had not been in place there would be no feckin fish left anyway. When was the last time in our history that fishing was a massive part of our economy? Not int mine or your lifetime i reckon.

Do you mean those strict EU rules that made our fishermen chuck dead fish back into the sea? *-) .......

Damn your a thick edgermercated f*cker if you think that made sense >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-12-12 8:09 PM

Do you mean those strict EU rules that made our fishermen chuck dead fish back into the sea? *-) .......

Damn your a thick edgermercated f*cker if you think that made sense >:-) .........

I agree, some of it did not make sense but left to their own devices there would be nothing left. Fishing has been in decline for decades EU or no EU. Its shown what Brexit is all about though for sure. Hatred of funny foreigners.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-12 8:33 PM

pelmetman - 2020-12-12 8:09 PM

I agree, some of it did not make sense but left to their own devices there would be nothing left. Fishing has been in decline for decades EU or no EU. Its shown what Brexit is all about though for sure. Hatred of funny foreigners.

Cobblers.......Its all about hatred of being told what to do in our own country by funny foreigners >:-) ........

This forum poster sums it up......though it's a bit complicated for the Dimmer twins.

The UK is going to use gunboats it doesn't have to protect fish it doesn't want.

In return the UK agrees not to sell the fish it doesn't want to the EU that does want them.

And, as a bonus, the UK won't export it's financial services to the EU, those financial services will move to the EU instead.

Sheer genius.

(lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-12 8:47 PM

jumpstart - 2020-12-12 8:42 PM

So for a no deal...the EU gets...massive tariffs on cars...

Cars from where exactly? :-S

Where do Cockmobiles like BMW, Audi. Mercs, VW, Hymers, Burstner's etc etc come from? ;-) ......

If you don't know, ask your muppet master Waldorf :D .......

Waldorf.jpg.a7b1794f3f5efb6bda2043e0ac2bb5f8.jpg

... You protect your waters from those illegally in it ... https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-armed-navy-boats-on-standby-to-protect-uk-waters-in-case-of-no-deal-12158624 ... Sumat we can all agree with

No it makes no sense at all that military vessels are used to police fishing when they should be used for their intended purpose.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9036545/Russian-naval-incursions-British-waters-soar-26.html

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2020-12-12 9:00 PM

No it makes no sense at all that military vessels are used to police fishing when they should be used for their intended purpose.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9036545/Russian-naval-incursions-British-waters-soar-26.html

That makes no sense either ;-) ........

When I served in Er Madges Navy we weren't sat in port just in case a war happened *-) ........

The Navy just like the rest of our forces are multi functional as is obvious by the fact that they have been very involved in the fight against Chinky Flu B-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-12-12 8:58 PM

Where do BMW, Audi. Mercs, VW, Hymers, Burstner's etc etc come from? ;-) ......

All have FTA's with EU.......just as UK once had which you clowns voted to throw away. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-12 9:12 PM

All have FTA's with EU.......just as UK once had which you clowns voted to throw away. *-)

I don't have problem with folk like Brian having to pay tariffs to feed their Kraut Krap habit ;-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2020-12-12 9:15 PM

I don't have problem with folk like Brian having to pay tariffs to feed their Kraut Krap habit ;-) ........

If you read the string properly you'd see J/start for some peculiar reason thought "So for a no deal...the EU gets...massive tariffs on cars...". The EU do not put tariffs on their member states products sold within the EU or countries with FTA's. We don't have one with them so are going to get clobbered and if you think it's just vehicles, think again.

It's going to be everything......food, clothes, electrical items white goods etc etc. So well done on that.....what an "achievement"......NOT. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-12 9:34 PM

pelmetman - 2020-12-12 9:15 PM

If you read the string properly you'd see J/start for some peculiar reason thought "So for a no deal...the EU gets...massive tariffs on cars...". The EU do not put tariffs on their member states products sold within the EU or countries with FTA's. We don't have one with them so are going to get clobbered and if you think it's just vehicles, think again.

It's going to be everything......food, clothes, electrical items white goods etc etc. So well done on that.....what an "achievement"......NOT. *-)

You do know that we can buy stuff from other countries? 8-) .......

A lot cheaper to >:-) ........

Archived