Covidiots

colin

Boris has cancelled Christmas, well he has for the area I live in due too the new variant CV-19.

Last night I learnt of someone who has travelled up from Devon a couple of days ago despite advice not too, also she has been out shopping in the local towns, she will be going back down to Devon in the next few days, so if you see a hotspot develop around Exmoor you will know why.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In our area it is ripping through the schools at an alarming rate, Thankfully they are now closed for the holidays, just hoping those school children and parents don't visit their grand parents over Christmas, yes it's very disappointing, but we are a few months away from the vaccine providing widespread coverage, just hang in there folks.

colin - 2020-12-19 5:15 PM

In our area it is ripping through the schools at an alarming rate, Thankfully they are now closed for the holidays, just hoping those school children and parents don't visit their grand parents over Christmas, yes it's very disappointing, but we are a few months away from the vaccine providing widespread coverage, just hang in there folks.

Yes I think it was crazy keeping schools open and wholly unnecessary. Children aren't in danger from it being fatal but they are perfect carriers and spreaders. Older teachers will certainly be at risk.

Jeremy Hunt says the Pfizer vaccine will run out at the end of January with no stock until March.

https://tinyurl.com/ybsyfvcm

colin - 2020-12-19 4:56 PM

Boris has cancelled Christmas, well he has for the area I live in due too the new variant CV-19.

Last night I learnt of someone who has travelled up from Devon a couple of days ago despite advice not too, also she has been out shopping in the local towns, she will be going back down to Devon in the next few days, so if you see a hotspot develop around Exmoor you will know why.

Exmoor is in Somerset.

You can move between Tiers except from Tier 3. So not much wrong with her visit.

jumpstart - 2020-12-19 5:45 PM

Exmoor is in Somerset.

You can move between Tiers except from Tier 3. So not much wrong with her visit.

Sorry that should have been Dartmoor, and she has visited a Tier 3 from tonight to be teir 4

p.s. Here's what one of the Tier 3 rules states.

Meeting indoors

You must not meet socially indoors with anybody you do not:

live with

have a support bubble with

Unless a legal exemption applies.

‘Indoors’ means any indoor setting, including:

private homes

other indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants

I'm thinking that going and staying with someone for several days is not allowed.

jumpstart - 2020-12-19 5:45 PM

Exmoor is in Somerset.

This is where it's all gone belly up imo. Instead of lockdown we've got ever changing "rules" which seem to be guidelines more than rules leading to chaos and confusion with some doing this, some doing that, resulting in folk/Covid all over the damn place. All the different tiers just set one lot of folk off against the other and want doing away with. Lock the entire country down and have done with. Germany has done this plus put a 9pm - 6am curfew on and banned alcohol outside.

Hopefully but the government has once again reacted too slowly. If this new variant spreads across the UK and rips through the country my worry is that the NHS will be overwhelmed and will not be able to help distribute the vaccine(s) as they will be too busy firefighting. it would have been better to have followed Germany's approach and put everything into strict lockdown and not advisory either until the vaccine roll out was well underway.

The other thing that worries me about this very late U Turn on Christmas is people will have already made plans and many will just ignore the rules now and carry on with them.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-19 6:48 PM

Hopefully but the government has once again reacted too slowly. If this new variant spreads across the UK and rips through the country my worry is that the NHS will be overwhelmed and will not be able to help distribute the vaccine(s) as they will be too busy firefighting. it would have been better to have followed Germany's approach and put everything into strict lockdown and not advisory either until the vaccine roll out was well underway.

The other thing that worries me about this very late U Turn on Christmas is people will have already made plans and many will just ignore the rules now and carry on with them.

"but the government has once again reacted too slowly."

Why aren't your slagging off the Welsh Scottish or NI governments then? *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-12-19 8:07 PM

Why aren't your slagging off the Welsh Scottish or NI governments then? *-) ..........

In Scotland the rates are much lower than around here, but they have reacted with tighter measures instead of waiting for the rates to shoot up, time will tell if it works. Wales have also reacted, they have had high rates in the south which they have failed to control, they are just as useless.

Meanwhile I understand the nail bars are open till late, but there where big ques at 8pm, if your not already in the que then no fancy nails till next year. :-S

Barry posted......."If this new variant spreads across the UK"

Can you name the countries of the UK because it seems you don't know? *-)

But the Prime Minister knew on Wednesday that there was a new and deadly strain and he poured scorn on the Leader of the Opposition's fears about his insane determination to encourage Christmas festivities, then he misled the Commons and the country.

And he must resign.

CurtainRaiser - 2020-12-20 1:28 AM

But the Prime Minister knew on Wednesday that there was a new and deadly strain and he poured scorn on the Leader of the Opposition's fears about his insane determination to encourage Christmas festivities, then he misled the Commons and the country.

And he must resign.

You're up late...this strain keeping you awake?

It has'nt prooved to be more deadly yet...only more contagious.

And he must resign.

Oops one too many.

And he must resign.

I presume then that the leaders from all the other UK Governments should resign also n'all ??? ... Looks like you will be a valuable nodding dog for the ugly sisters on ere after the new year when it gets a bit quieter

jumpstart - 2020-12-20 7:38 AM

And he must resign.

Oops one too many.

So if a strain of a deadly disease becomes more contagious does that not cause more deaths? Therefore more deadly.

Birdbrain - 2020-12-20 7:44 AM

And he must resign.

I presume then that the leaders from all the other UK Governments should resign also n'all ??? ... Looks like you will be a valuable nodding dog for the ugly sisters on ere after the new year when it gets a bit quieter

The leadership of other UK governments had already taken a different approach to Christmas, the issue here is that Johnson knew that the increase in the south east was due to the new variant, like at the beginning of the pandemic he acted too late and didn't listen to the scientists.

CurtainRaiser - 2020-12-20 8:30 AM

jumpstart - 2020-12-20 7:38 AM

And he must resign.

Oops one too many.

So if a strain of a deadly disease becomes more contagious does that not cause more deaths? Therefore more deadly.

Not necessarily , average deaths have remained about the same if not slightly lower.

CurtainRaiser - 2020-12-20 8:36 AM

And he must resign.

The leadership of other UK governments had already taken a different approach to Christmas, the issue here is that Johnson knew that the increase in the south east was due to the new variant, like at the beginning of the pandemic he acted too late and didn't listen to the scientists.

Presumably the same applies to all EU leaders then.....at least we are all doing better than Russia who don’t even bother with reporting.

Guest pelmetman

And he must resign.

Can you show evidence of when the SNP or Labour in Wales cancelled Christmas before Boris? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman

And he must resign.

So following your logic ;-) .........

So should Drakeford and Sturgeon >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-12-20 9:43 AM

And he must resign.

Can you show evidence of when the SNP or Labour in Wales cancelled Christmas before Boris? ;-) .........

Yes. And you to can find it by using Google.

Just to correct this, the new strain was known about back in November.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2020-12-20 10:06 AM

Just to correct this, the new strain was known about back in November.

But its ability to spread faster wasn't known was it? :-| ..........

Unless we have some armchair scientists on here who were able to predict that would be how the virus would mutate? ;-) ............

Archived