Covidiots

colin

John52 - 2020-12-21 11:12 PM

more seriously, yesterday Hancock said the virus is 'out of control'

Apparently didn't dawn on him or BoJo the rest of the world would close their borders to us - 37 countries already. The situation for us is now extremely serious.

What else could they do? - they have most likely got the virus already, and lorry drivers are very self isolated so pretty safe, but their own citizens would blame them if they didn't close their border with England.

It was a stupid thing to say - even more than his claim we got the virus sooner because of Brexit.

Sadly the cabinet were not chosen for their intelligence, or honesty, or integrity, but their loyalty to BoJo's Brexit.

Hancock got the job by promising to be BoJo's yes man. :-S

Actually to be fair for once at least he was honest. It does seem like it is out of control. This is all I want from politicians. Just tell the feckin truth. Why would Johnson lie about just 174 trucks for example being stuck? Its just going to bite you on the arse by the morning or sooner as it looks like it already has done.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently didn't dawn on him or BoJo the rest of the world would close their borders to us - 37 countries already. The situation for us is now extremely serious.

What else could they do? - they have most likely got the virus already, and lorry drivers are very self isolated so pretty safe, but their own citizens would blame them if they didn't close their border with England.

It was a stupid thing to say - even more than his claim we got the virus sooner because of Brexit.

Sadly the cabinet were not chosen for their intelligence, or honesty, or integrity, but their loyalty to BoJo's Brexit.

"What else could they do?" with regards to shutting their borders ... I dont recall you or any of the bitch sisters screaming for the world to shut its borders to China

Birdbrain - 2020-12-22 7:01 AM

"What else could they do?" with regards to shutting their borders ... I dont recall you or any of the bitch sisters screaming for the world to shut its borders to China

Actually i seem to remember most on here calling for ports and airports to restrict access from those countries that had CV back in the Spring.

jumpstart - 2020-12-22 7:31 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-12-22 7:01 AM

Actually i seem to remember most on here calling for ports and airports to restrict access from those countries that had CV back in the Spring.

That isnt what I said

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-12-21 10:50 PM

StuartO - 2020-12-21 9:35 PM

As I said, he was expressing an opinion. You might disagree but that doesn’t make him a liar.

He was effectively saying that being in the EU would have slowed the process down

But how?

It's self evident from the fact that we have given over half a million the jab B-) .........and the EU wont be starting until the 27th 8-) ..........

Just imagine the screaming hissy fit you LOSERS would be having if it was the other way round >:-) .......

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .............

Keep on hating LOSERS >:-) ..........

As I said, he was expressing an opinion. You might disagree but that doesn’t make him a liar.

Should we then agree on dissembling? Mis-speaking? Tendentious? Whichever; he was flat wrong. There seems no doubt as to that.

For all I know, he may have issued a subsequent "clarification", though if he did it seems to have got lost. But I don't think it is acceptable to excuse this as a mere expression of opinion. He is a Minister of the Crown, he was making a public statement, not expressing a private opinion, he has far more logistical back-up than any of us, and has more or less immediate access to outside experts for the price of a 'phone call. So, what was to be gained from the use of "fake fact" in lieu of simple truth? The "win" for the UK in being first to approve the vaccine would not have been in any way diminished had he omitted reference to the EU.

Personally, I think "lie" is a much over-used term at present because (and here I agree with Stuart), it implies an intention to deceive. I just think it reveals a desire to claim a victory for Brexit: a mindset through which events are filtered. But why do that? It is so easily checked, the incaution was silly. He has a certain track record in this area, though he majors in over-claiming. But appropriate for a Minister of the Crown? Do we want silly ministers? Really?

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-22 10:30 AM

Should we then agree on dissembling? Mis-speaking? Tendentious? Whichever; he was flat wrong. There seems no doubt as to that.

For all I know, he may have issued a subsequent "clarification", though if he did it seems to have got lost. But I don't think it is acceptable to excuse this as a mere expression of opinion. He is a Minister of the Crown, he was making a public statement, not expressing a private opinion, he has far more logistical back-up than any of us, and has more or less immediate access to outside experts for the price of a 'phone call. So, what was to be gained from the use of "fake fact" in lieu of simple truth? The "win" for the UK in being first to approve the vaccine would not have been in any way diminished had he omitted reference to the EU.

Personally, I think "lie" is a much over-used term at present because (and here I agree with Stuart), it implies an intention to deceive. I just think it reveals a desire to claim a victory for Brexit: a mindset through which events are filtered. But why do that? It is so easily checked, the incaution was silly. He has a certain track record in this area, though he majors in over-claiming. But appropriate for a Minister of the Crown? Do we want silly ministers? Really?

As I said, he was expressing an opinion. You might disagree and you might think, in your own arrogance, that your own opinion is obviously the right one and everyone of wisdom agrees with you, but that doesn’t make him a liar.

Why do it? Well thats obvious Brian. The Sheeple want to believe it. Stuart, an educated man is defending him, defending the indefensible and coming up with excuses for him rather than just admitting he knew full well it was a lie. I dont know what you can do about that. Pelmet just believes it flat out despite it being proved to be complete rubbish. Lets remember this is the party that during the election put up fake Fact checking sites that were from Tory HQ, a fake Labour manifesto site and actually doctored an GMTV interview with Keir Starmer to make him look stupid. Blatant lying is what they do. Every single day.

Its like I said. They only have to convince their followers and the trouble is they desperately want to be convinced and deceived. They need to know they backed the right horse. Its like some kind of perverse Stockholm Syndrome. Its like a Pantomime. The rest of us are shouting "he's behind you" but nobody is listening. Stuart says my views are extreme but thats probably because what is unfolding in front of me is as clear as day to me and this is an extremist party in government now.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-22 11:15 AM

Why do it? Well thats obvious Brian. The Sheeple want to believe it. Stuart, an educated man is defending him, defending the indefensible and coming up with excuses for him rather than just admitting he knew full well it was a lie. I dont know what you can do about that. Pelmet just believes it flat out despite it being proved to be complete rubbish. Lets remember this is the party that during the election put up fake Fact checking sites that were from Tory HQ, a fake Labour manifesto site and actually doctored an GMTV interview with Keir Starmer to make him look stupid. Blatant lying is what they do. Every single day.

Its like I said. They only have to convince their followers and the trouble is they desperately want to be convinced and deceived. They need to know they backed the right horse. Its like some kind of perverse Stockholm Syndrome. Its like a Pantomime. The rest of us are shouting "he's behind you" but nobody is listening. Stuart says my views are extreme but thats probably because what is unfolding in front of me is as clear as day to me and this is an extremist party in government now.

That extremist Party has managed to give the jab to over half a million UK residents B-) ........

Which is half a million more than any folk in the 27 other EU countries >:-) ........

At least our Extremist government can organize a Vaccination in a Pandemic :-D .........

The EU cretins obviously cant (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Barryd999 - 2020-12-22 11:15 AM Why do it? Well thats obvious Brian. The Sheeple want to believe it. Stuart, an educated man is defending him, defending the indefensible and coming up with excuses for him rather than just admitting he knew full well it was a lie. I dont know what you can do about that. Pelmet just believes it flat out despite it being proved to be complete rubbish. Lets remember this is the party that during the election put up fake Fact checking sites that were from Tory HQ, a fake Labour manifesto site and actually doctored an GMTV interview with Keir Starmer to make him look stupid. Blatant lying is what they do. Every single day.

As I said, he was expressing an opinion. You might disagree and you might think, in your own arrogance, that your own opinion is obviously the right one and everyone of wisdom agrees with you, but you are nevertheless wanting to assert that your opinion is better than Hancock's opinion and that doesn’t make him a liar.

If you can't see that differences of opinion about something doesn't mean that the other guy is telling lies, you are missing the point. You diminish your credibility by simply ranting about bare faced liars all the time.

StuartO - 2020-12-22 11:57 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-12-22 11:15 AM Why do it? Well thats obvious Brian. The Sheeple want to believe it. Stuart, an educated man is defending him, defending the indefensible and coming up with excuses for him rather than just admitting he knew full well it was a lie. I dont know what you can do about that. Pelmet just believes it flat out despite it being proved to be complete rubbish. Lets remember this is the party that during the election put up fake Fact checking sites that were from Tory HQ, a fake Labour manifesto site and actually doctored an GMTV interview with Keir Starmer to make him look stupid. Blatant lying is what they do. Every single day.

As I said, he was expressing an opinion. You might disagree and you might think, in your own arrogance, that your own opinion is obviously the right one and everyone of wisdom agrees with you, but you are nevertheless wanting to assert that your opinion is better than Hancock's opinion and that doesn’t make him a liar.

If you can't see that differences of opinion about something doesn't mean that the other guy is telling lies, you are missing the point. You diminish your credibility by simply ranting about bare faced liars all the time.

Its not an opinion. Hancock states that its absolutely clear because of Brexit we got the vaccine faster. Here he is saying it again.

There are no ifs or buts about this or "this is just my opinion". He and the Tories are or were clearly and openly trying to sell this as a Brexit benefit. I am afraid its you sir that are diminishing your credibility by continuing to assert that it was just an opinion. They are indeed bare faced liars.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-22 12:33 PM

Its not an opinion. Hancock states that its absolutely clear because of Brexit we got the vaccine faster. Here he is saying it again.

There are no ifs or buts about this or "this is just my opinion". He and the Tories are or were clearly and openly trying to sell this as a Brexit benefit. I am afraid its you sir that are diminishing your credibility by continuing to assert that it was just an opinion. They are indeed bare faced liars.

Its just my opinion that Hancock was right :D ..........

Plus we have the inconvenient FACT that we HAVE over half a million vaccinated folk compared the EU's ZERO as evidence >:-) ........

Keep on Hating LOSER (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2020-12-22 2:26 PM

Plus we have the inconvenient FACT that we HAVE over half a million vaccinated folk compared the EU's ZERO as evidence >:-) ........

Wrong again......https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/covid-vaccine-brexit-matt-hancock-b1765228.html

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-12-22 3:08 PM

pelmetman - 2020-12-22 2:26 PM

Wrong again......https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/covid-vaccine-brexit-matt-hancock-b1765228.html

So are you claiming we dont have more than half a million folk who have had their first Chinky Flu jab .....Hater? ;-) ............

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-12-22 9:11 AM

He was effectively saying that being in the EU would have slowed the process down

But how?

It's self evident from the fact that we have given over half a million the jab B-) .........and the EU wont be starting until the 27th 8-) ..........

Just imagine the screaming hissy fit you LOSERS would be having if it was the other way round >:-) .......

Bump :D .........

Well am I wrong HATERS??? >:-) ........

P1010899.JPG.6ae32ea81d3827bc2dae62f699fd59f4.JPG

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-12-22 3:30 PM

But how?

Bump >:-) ........

Judging by Hater In Chief...... Barry Fake News response........I was right.....Yet again ;-) ........

Oh all right then, since you ask, YES, YOU ARE WRONG! OK? Happy?.

You're using chop-logic again. :-S All that the UK having vaccinated over half a million people makes "self-evident", is that the UK began vaccinating before other countries. In itself, it proves nothing more than that.

If you go on to ask why that was the case, the answer is that the UK, while still obliged under transition to comply with EU legislation, took advantage of that EU legislation to assess the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, as an emergency procedure, for use within UK.

That in itself is excellent, but we could have done that whether we had remained in the EU, had left the EU, or as we are, were in transition. So, just for clarity, LEAVING THE EU HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE UK AUTHORISING THE PFIZER/BIONTECH (OR ANY OTHER) VACCINE, BECAUSE THAT AUTHORITY EXISTS UNDER EXISTING EU LEGISLATION.

Other EU states pre-ordered the vaccine through the EU (and have ordered more doses per capita than the UK) and have elected to await EU medicines agency authorisation for its use. See the linked Independent article above.

Your fatuous argument is detracting from the achievement of the MHRA in authorising the vaccine so quickly by endlessly, and wrongly, trying to link it to Brexit, which is a shame, because a lot of people have put in a lot of effort to achieve that, and it is them, not Brexit, who deserve full credit for their achievement.

You also claimed a bit back that this was all due to Boris. How on earth you arrive at that conclusion is beyond me. Perhaps you could explain what contribution Boris actually made to the MHRA's work on the virus? Credit where it is due, don't you think?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-12-22 5:57 PM

Oh all right then, since you ask, YES, OK? Happy?.

You're using chop-logic again. :-S All that the UK having vaccinated over half a million people makes "self-evident", is that the UK began vaccinating before other countries. In itself, it proves nothing more than that.

Its enough for me Blah blah Brian :D .........

pelmetman - 2020-12-22 5:59 PM

And you realise what that comment makes "self-evident" don't you? But hey, as it's nearly Christmas, and as you still believe in Santa and unicorns, and as your delusions make you happy, why should I confuse you with inconvenient truth?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-12-22 6:05 PM

And you realise what that comment makes "self-evident" don't you? But hey, as it's nearly Christmas, and as you still believe in Santa and unicorns, and as your delusions make you happy, why should I confuse you with inconvenient truth?

Give over Brian *-) ..........

There was a time when I respected what you thought ;-) .......

I no longer make that mistake :D .......

Guest pelmetman

But how?

Bump :D ........

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-12-22 7:30 PM

But how?

Bump :D ........

Still no reply ;-) ........

I can only assume I have our resident Haters banged to rights yet again >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-12-22 6:20 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-12-22 6:05 PM

Give over Brian *-) ..........

There was a time when I respected what you thought ;-) .......

I no longer make that mistake :D .......

Me too ... Brian unlike the other bitch sisters is educated and puts his hate bolox in an educated kinda way ... Its still hate wrapped up in long sentences

Birdbrain - 2020-12-22 8:16 PM ... Brian unlike the other bitch sisters is educated and puts his hate bolox in an educated kinda way ... Its still hate wrapped up in long sentences

I have the impression that Brian likes to look up really obscure words in the dictionary in an attempt to pitch himself as a serious intellectual. Unfortunately he doesn't always quite hit the mark in terms of meaning and context and I suspect I'm not the only one who has stopped bothering to look them up.

WiseDoctorOnceWrote.thumb.jpg.d62ea3c8f2aea94360986048d6975589.jpg

Archived