Looks like Barry was right

CurtainRaiser

Barryd999 - 2020-12-23 9:55 PM

Well my Government insider did tell me just that earlier today but I decided since you think he is a bit of a fanny not to bother telling you. Rumours abound that its true. ERG Are complaining already and say they will be scrutinising it very carefully.

Chuckle ... The rumours were fairly common knowledge early afternoon ... Wheres your deal from early November ???

Birdbrain - 2020-12-23 10:09 PM

Well my Government insider did tell me just that earlier today but I decided since you think he is a bit of a fanny not to bother telling you. Rumours abound that its true. ERG Are complaining already and say they will be scrutinising it very carefully.

Chuckle ... The rumours were fairly common knowledge early afternoon ... Wheres your deal from early November ???

This was this morning. Lets see if its the same deal. If it materialises.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-23 10:29 PM

Of course it was ... You knew nowt or you'd have been all over it ... Unless of course Boris has pulled off a masterstroke that you dont like and you couldn't accept it ... You sure are guna look silly if its all true

Birdbrain - 2020-12-23 10:32 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-12-23 10:29 PM

Of course it was ... You knew nowt or you'd have been all over it ... Unless of course Boris has pulled off a masterstroke that you dont like and you couldn't accept it ... You sure are guna look silly if its all true

Not really because as I said on the other thread if it turns out to be a very similar deal to the one my insider told me about in November its all been part of Johnsons plan to make it look like he rode in to save the day at the last minute. If so then it is a bit of a masterstroke as people will believe it. The papers will lap it up and make him out to be the all conquering hero but if it turns out he sold out to get it, it may well be his own party and Farage that pops his bubble first not us remainers.

If this report is correct it looks like Johnson has caved on fishing and given Macron what he wanted. Could be rubbish of course but its from a reliable source.

"One EU diplomat said the U.K. had made concessions on fisheries in recent hours that had unlocked the deal. According to two people familiar with the matter, Johnson has accepted that the bloc’s share of the catch in U.K. waters should fall by 25% over a period of five-and-a-half years. Britain had initially sought an 80% reduction over just three years, but in recent days had offered a cut of 30%."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-23/outline-of-brexit-trade-deal-has-been-reached-officials-say?srnd=premium-europe&sref=2jpp91Sh

If it is correct its the same deal that was derided as a 'surrender' a few days back by the Sun etc. Expect them to change tune and suddenly it will be a great deal.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-23 11:19 PM

If this report is correct it looks like Johnson has caved on fishing and given Macron what he wanted. Could be rubbish of course but its from a reliable source.

"One EU diplomat said the U.K. had made concessions on fisheries in recent hours that had unlocked the deal. According to two people familiar with the matter, Johnson has accepted that the bloc’s share of the catch in U.K. waters should fall by 25% over a period of five-and-a-half years. Britain had initially sought an 80% reduction over just three years, but in recent days had offered a cut of 30%."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-23/outline-of-brexit-trade-deal-has-been-reached-officials-say?srnd=premium-europe&sref=2jpp91Sh

If it is correct its the same deal that was derided as a 'surrender' a few days back by the Sun etc. Expect them to change tune and suddenly it will be a great deal.

Caved in on fishing ... Princess in negotiations you give and take FFS ... Why would The Sun change tune ??? You have told us many times that the "Tory press are turning on Boris" so in your daft, pathetic world "turning on Boris" means portraying a supposed cr@p deal as a "great deal" ... As for the deal you and the bitch sisters have since day one bitched about how business will suffer, die in places because of tariffs, well it seems we are tariff free doesnt it so you have bitched and whinged, sulked and puked out cr@p all over internet world for no reason ... What a silly, silly boy

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2020-12-23 5:40 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/23/eu-countries-prepare-for-possible-imminent-brexit-deal?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

In other news - Nigel Farage says Boris has betrayed Brexit and Macron has sent a farewell message "so long and thanks for all the fish."

(not really but I like to be ahead of the curve)

Those of us who aren't Bitter & Twisted LOSERS ;-) ..........

Can see that there was little point in the UK gaining a 100% of our quota in one go ;-) .........

As it will take years to rebuild our fishing fleets that were sold out by those folk who voted to join the EU >:-) ..........

Although I doubt many of them knew that at the time ;-) .........

As they were prolly Lied to by those Nasty EU Surrender Monkeys >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-12-24 9:52 AM........................

1 As it will take years to rebuild our fishing fleets that were sold out by those folk who voted to join the EU >:-) ..........

2 Although I doubt many of them knew that at the time ;-) .........

3 As they were prolly Lied to by those Nasty EU Surrender Monkeys >:-) ..........

1 There was no vote to join the EEC/EU.

2 Eh? Are you somehow claiming clairvoyance?

3 Which "EU surrender monkeys" have you in mind? Do you actually know anything about how EU fisheries policy evolved, or when, or who took the decisions? Sorry Dave, but this is an extraordinary demonstration of wilful ignorance, even by your standards. :-(

Archived