Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 7:18 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 5:26 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 5:02 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 4:09 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 3:26 PM

malc d - 2021-01-04 2:06 PM

colin - 2021-01-04 1:27 PM

malc d - 2021-01-04 12:30 PM

I'm sure that, down the pub, Johnson is quite a likeable chap, bit of a laugh.

Unfortunately being likeable is not necessarily a sign of ability to lead.

So far he doesn't look much good to me as a leader - maybe he will improve in the next four years ?

;-)

That's pretty much my view.

Some on here believe if you don't think Boris is PM material, then you must be a Corbyn supporter --------

That is because some on here are unable to argue their case, and rely on trying to insult anyone who has got the better of them in a discussion / argument.

So no-one should be put off when someone calls them names - it most likely means they've won the argument !

;-)

Beautiful ... Thanks for that ... Now I know why the hatey types on here have called me a "racist, Islamaphobe, extremist, right wing nut job, bigot, terrorist supporter" blah blah blah with nothing to back up those insults when challenged ... They had simply lost the argument ... Lordy it all makes sense now

Yes and the same goes for being called a "loony lefty loser, mamby pamby liberal Jeremy corbyn terrorist supporter, fatty, hater" etc etc etc.

Have you had enough Nazi? or do you want some more! (lol)

Only one of those I have thrown your way ... "hater" und thats because you are across many forums with the same hate agenda I would imagine

No. You have definitely called me a Liberal / Labour Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter etc and of course made constant racist jokes about my weight. These are hurtful and of course against the forum rules. I could tell on you and get you "told off" but I'm not a grass. Calling someone a Hater is also very naughty and in itself is a hate crime!

Please show where I have called you a "Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter"

LOL!! If I get bored during lockdown ill go and find them. There must be hundreds of threads with all sorts of batty claims about me supporting the Terrorist supporter Jeremy Corbyn usually with the word "Yuk" on the end or summat like that.

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-04 6:35 PM

747 - 2021-01-04 4:14 PM.............................From your Guardian newspaper link.

The public are deeply unhappy with the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the Brexit negotiations, a damning new poll suggests.

It should really read, "All those who voted Labour at the last election are deeply unhappy ... blah de blah .........

Hmmmmmm. Strange than that the poll was commissioned by the Sunday Times, and is being reported in most of the national papers. But hey, that's how you talk when blinded by dogma, especially if you are a Johnsonista. :-D

Then the wonderful members on here should stop being so negative and offer their expertise to improve things for the British people. There could be a knighthood in it.

That's why I love the UK. We have tremendous expertise and these experts are not shy of passing on their great wisdom on Facebook, Twitter, OAL and other forums. The Virus does not stand a chance of succeeding. ;-)

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 10:27 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 7:18 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 5:26 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 5:02 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 4:09 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 3:26 PM

malc d - 2021-01-04 2:06 PM

colin - 2021-01-04 1:27 PM

malc d - 2021-01-04 12:30 PM

I'm sure that, down the pub, Johnson is quite a likeable chap, bit of a laugh.

Unfortunately being likeable is not necessarily a sign of ability to lead.

So far he doesn't look much good to me as a leader - maybe he will improve in the next four years ?

;-)

That's pretty much my view.

Some on here believe if you don't think Boris is PM material, then you must be a Corbyn supporter --------

That is because some on here are unable to argue their case, and rely on trying to insult anyone who has got the better of them in a discussion / argument.

So no-one should be put off when someone calls them names - it most likely means they've won the argument !

;-)

Beautiful ... Thanks for that ... Now I know why the hatey types on here have called me a "racist, Islamaphobe, extremist, right wing nut job, bigot, terrorist supporter" blah blah blah with nothing to back up those insults when challenged ... They had simply lost the argument ... Lordy it all makes sense now

Yes and the same goes for being called a "loony lefty loser, mamby pamby liberal Jeremy corbyn terrorist supporter, fatty, hater" etc etc etc.

Have you had enough Nazi? or do you want some more! (lol)

Only one of those I have thrown your way ... "hater" und thats because you are across many forums with the same hate agenda I would imagine

No. You have definitely called me a Liberal / Labour Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter etc and of course made constant racist jokes about my weight. These are hurtful and of course against the forum rules. I could tell on you and get you "told off" but I'm not a grass. Calling someone a Hater is also very naughty and in itself is a hate crime!

Please show where I have called you a "Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter"

LOL!! If I get bored during lockdown ill go and find them. There must be hundreds of threads with all sorts of batty claims about me supporting the Terrorist supporter Jeremy Corbyn usually with the word "Yuk" on the end or summat like that.

You claimed I said "Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter" ... You obviously cant find what you have claimed ... You have more time than most princess, now run off and find what you claim

747 - 2021-01-04 10:40 PM

747 - 2021-01-04 4:14 PM.............................From your Guardian newspaper link.

The public are deeply unhappy with the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the Brexit negotiations, a damning new poll suggests.

It should really read, "All those who voted Labour at the last election are deeply unhappy ... blah de blah .........

Hmmmmmm. Strange than that the poll was commissioned by the Sunday Times, and is being reported in most of the national papers. But hey, that's how you talk when blinded by dogma, especially if you are a Johnsonista. :-D

Then the wonderful members on here should stop being so negative and offer their expertise to improve things for the British people. There could be a knighthood in it.

That's why I love the UK. We have tremendous expertise and these experts are not shy of passing on their great wisdom on Facebook, Twitter, OAL and other forums. The Virus does not stand a chance of succeeding. ;-)

Thanks for correcting my typo above. :-)

I think your conclusion above, that the dissatisfaction is limited to those who voted labour last time, is a dangerous over-simplification. You possibly didn't hear Robert Halfen MP (C, Chair of the HoC Education Select Committee) on Women's Hour this morning. I somehow doubt he voted labour - and he certainly wasn't being complementary about his own government! :-D

I also think that you miss a further point. Criticism is is not negative, it is constructive. If no-one dares point out what is wrong, we are all condemned to endlessly repeat the same mistakes. I doubt any of us, whatever our reaction to present circumstances, flatter ourselves that what we say will make the slightest difference to events. We merely exchange views among ourselves, and in the process maybe pick up interesting and occasionally informative information. I know I do.

For some, who see everything through a distorting party political prism, the contradictory views are brushed aside, because they originate from a contributor who is regarded as being from "the enemy", as "other", and therefore invariably wrong or to be disparaged. As is often said, one can easily tell a closed mind - but not much! :-) If people believe that "their" party has somehow acquired a monopoly on being right, discussion becomes impossible, because they only seek confirmation of their own views.

We are all experts in our various fields, but the expertise of some is instantly dismissed because it comes from the "wrong" person. Someone who is "not one of us" - whoever "us" happens to be. Or merely because it contradicts the bias of the reader. I struggle to understand those with minds that are exclusively "right", or "left", biased, and wonder why they choose to use only half their brain? I'll admit I come to despise the extreme members of that club for their timidity in exploring the world outside their own, fiercely guarded, echo chambers.

As to "Labour voters", are they invariably wrong, merely because of their political inclination? Can Labour never be right? On anything? Can only Conservatives be right? Really. How's that going so far? I say this as someone who has never voted for either Labour or Conservative parties, because both are so bloody-mindedly divisive, and hide-bound by their blind, differing, quasi religious, dogmas that have together deposited us all in the staggeringly incompetent chaos of our present.

I am not interested in how many political angels can dance on the head of a pin - I just want what works for the greatest good of the greatest number. As the evidence should by now have made plain to everyone with eyes that see, we are very, very, far from that with our present government. Sadly, I see no viable alternative government in waiting, just a vacuum. If these parties are so infallible, how on earth do they select candidates for election, and then elect them as MPs, who turn out to have such minimal ability when in office? How?

Rant over! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-05 11:56 AM

747 - 2021-01-04 10:40 PM

Thanks for correcting my typo above. :-)

I think your conclusion above, that the dissatisfaction is limited to those who voted labour last time, is a dangerous over-simplification. You possibly didn't hear Robert Halfen MP (C, Chair of the HoC Education Select Committee) on Women's Hour this morning. I somehow doubt he voted labour - and he certainly wasn't being complementary about his own government! :-D

I also think that you miss a further point. Criticism is is not negative, it is constructive. If no-one dares point out what is wrong, we are all condemned to endlessly repeat the same mistakes. I doubt any of us, whatever our reaction to present circumstances, flatter ourselves that what we say will make the slightest difference to events. We merely exchange views among ourselves, and in the process maybe pick up interesting and occasionally informative information. I know I do.

For some, who see everything through a distorting party political prism, the contradictory views are brushed aside, because they originate from a contributor who is regarded as being from "the enemy", as "other", and therefore invariably wrong or to be disparaged. As is often said, one can easily tell a closed mind - but not much! :-) If people believe that "their" party has somehow acquired a monopoly on being right, discussion becomes impossible, because they only seek confirmation of their own views.

We are all experts in our various fields, but the expertise of some is instantly dismissed because it comes from the "wrong" person. Someone who is "not one of us" - whoever "us" happens to be. Or merely because it contradicts the bias of the reader. I struggle to understand those with minds that are exclusively "right", or "left", biased, and wonder why they choose to use only half their brain? I'll admit I come to despise the extreme members of that club for their timidity in exploring the world outside their own, fiercely guarded, echo chambers.

As to "Labour voters", are they invariably wrong, merely because of their political inclination? Can Labour never be right? On anything? Can only Conservatives be right? Really. How's that going so far? I say this as someone who has never voted for either Labour or Conservative parties, because both are so bloody-mindedly divisive, and hide-bound by their blind, differing, quasi religious, dogmas that have together deposited us all in the staggeringly incompetent chaos of our present.

I am not interested in how many political angels can dance on the head of a pin - I just want what works for the greatest good of the greatest number. As the evidence should by now have made plain to everyone with eyes that see, we are very, very, far from that with our present government. Sadly, I see no viable alternative government in waiting, just a vacuum. If these parties are so infallible, how on earth do they select candidates for election, and then elect them as MPs, who turn out to have such minimal ability when in office? How?

Rant over! :-D

This absolute diamond from the fella that during the last election urged folk to vote for anyone other than the Tories ... "I struggle to understand those with minds that are exclusively "right" or "left" ... An open mind working to its absolute best ... Chuckle

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 4:07 PM.......................This absolute diamond from the fella that during the last election urged folk to vote for anyone other than the Tories ... "I struggle to understand those with minds that are exclusively "right" or "left" ... An open mind working to its absolute best ... Chuckle

Head in gear, Antony! :-D Not because they were Tories, but because they had decided to promote, and deliver, Brexit. As I said then, I'd vote for anyone who wasn't Tory, because I didn't like, and didn't want, Brexit, the central policy the Tories had adopted. I also held (and still hold) their newly elected leader, so possible PM should he win, in very low esteem. I think events have amply proved me right on that score.

That is a far cry from being a rabid anti-Tory (a "hater", in your language :-)), 'though I have severe reservations at what that party has presently become. I hold a number of now ousted Tories in high esteem, but few of the present crop.

If the Tories were to return convincingly to some of the more centrist, common-sense, one-nation, policies they have previously adopted, and get themselves some decent, competent, candidates for election (and given that no-one else fields a better local candidate :-)), I might consider voting for him/her - 'though I fancy that day will be a long time coming!

A vote has to be earned, it does not come as of right, because of a change of logo! But the wheels seem to be coming off their wagon at present, plus I wouldn't under any circumstances vote for our present local Con MP, who is deeply unsatisfactory.

But who knows when the next election might come? Funny old game, politics, isn't it? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-05 5:47 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 4:07 PM.......................This absolute diamond from the fella that during the last election urged folk to vote for anyone other than the Tories ... "I struggle to understand those with minds that are exclusively "right" or "left" ... An open mind working to its absolute best ... Chuckle

Head in gear, Antony! :-D Not because they were Tories, but because they had decided to promote, and deliver, Brexit. As I said then, I'd vote for anyone who wasn't Tory, because I didn't like, and didn't want, Brexit, the central policy the Tories had adopted. I also held (and still hold) their newly elected leader, so possible PM should he win, in very low esteem. I think events have amply proved me right on that score.

That is a far cry from being a rabid anti-Tory (a "hater", in your language :-)), 'though I have severe reservations at what that party has presently become. I hold a number of now ousted Tories in high esteem, but few of the present crop.

If the Tories were to return convincingly to some of the more centrist, common-sense, one-nation, policies they have previously adopted, and get themselves some decent, competent, candidates for election (and given that no-one else fields a better local candidate :-)), I might consider voting for him/her - 'though I fancy that day will be a long time coming!

A vote has to be earned, it does not come as of right, because of a change of logo! But the wheels seem to be coming off their wagon at present, plus I wouldn't under any circumstances vote for our present local Con MP, who is deeply unsatisfactory.

But who knows when the next election might come? Funny old game, politics, isn't it? :-D

Yet at that time during the last election you didn't also say dont vote for Labour who under Jeremy didn't know where they were on Brexit ??? und lets be fair in my time on here I can only ever remember you ever dissing one party, the Tories so your talking in riddles princess

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 7:26 PM...........................Yet at that time during the last election you didn't also say dont vote for Labour who under Jeremy didn't know where they were on Brexit ??? und lets be fair in my time on here I can only ever remember you ever dissing one party, the Tories so your talking in riddles princess

The riddles are all in your head, Tweetie-pie! :-D There was no remote likelihood of a Labour candidate being elected here, so the case didn't arise. I was expressing my own opinion on tactical voting, not "telling" others how they should vote. I decided I'd vote for whichever party was not pro-Brexit and had a chance of winning, which is what I said, and did, at the time. You're just arguing for the sake of it, and you haven't done your homework. Besides the vote was over a year ago now, so why are you getting all fussed?

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-06 6:00 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 7:26 PM...........................Yet at that time during the last election you didn't also say dont vote for Labour who under Jeremy didn't know where they were on Brexit ??? und lets be fair in my time on here I can only ever remember you ever dissing one party, the Tories so your talking in riddles princess

The riddles are all in your head, Tweetie-pie! :-D There was no remote likelihood of a Labour candidate being elected here, so the case didn't arise. I was expressing my own opinion on tactical voting, not "telling" others how they should vote. I decided I'd vote for whichever party was not pro-Brexit and had a chance of winning, which is what I said, and did, at the time. You're just arguing for the sake of it, and you haven't done your homework. Besides the vote was over a year ago now, so why are you getting all fussed?

Chuckle ... This diamond kinda sums you and ya silly post up "Besides the vote was over a year ago now, so why are you getting all fussed?" ... Chuckle ... Referendum vote 2016 und Brian still gets all "fussed" ... Poor darling

The riddles are all in your head, Tweetie-pie! :-D You're just arguing for the sake of it, and you haven't done your homework. Besides the vote was over a year ago now, so why are you getting all fussed?

He's got nothing better to do than constantly troll and bait making childish remarks.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-06 7:28 PM

The riddles are all in your head, Tweetie-pie! :-D You're just arguing for the sake of it, and you haven't done your homework. Besides the vote was over a year ago now, so why are you getting all fussed?

He's got nothing better to do than constantly troll and bait making childish remarks.

I think thats one of the sisters backing up a fellow sister ... It aint pretty

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-07 8:56 PM

More evidence

Do you think Johnson doesn't know about the internet? He comes across as such a moron I suspect its quite possible he doesn't know how it works. Doesn't know how it would take me ten seconds to produce the clip of him calling Donald trump out of his mind and not fit to be president.

Its classic Johnson though. Just say what suits at that moment in time. I dont care about Brexit anymore or the Tory party morphing into the ToryKippers, lets just get him gone FFS!

Archived