C&Cc insurance quote

weldted

Had an e mail this morning inviting me to obtain a quote for our motorhome, from a club that is for its members??

17/09/2019, value around 77000, Cat 1 Alarm, Cat 1, immobiliser, Cat 7 tracker (monitored) kept in a locked alarmed. Garage at bottom of garden. Mileage 6000 per annum, (hopefully) both retired clean licences full max no claims, no accidents or convictions.

£1265 and an extra £100 if I want to pay over twelve months. Obviously being a member really helps?? Or am I missing something.

Paid £422 last year with LV like for like or better cover.

Just got a quote from C&MC £339 365 days European use no breakdown cover?? That’s for a non member, C&CC are missing something. Whilst I appreciate you get what you pay for and cheapest is not always the best, you find that out when you have a claim,

£1265 to £339 is a bit wide of the mark. Been a member for 17 years most disappointed renewal may well be iN doubt

stevec176 - 2021-01-30 2:34 PM

Over the last 5 years I've not managed to get a cheaper quote off them so have stayed with Comfort.

I have been with Comfort for years but let my Insurance lapse for 2 Months this year as I sorned the van when I returned home in April from Spain. I tried to reinsure the van again with Comfort 2 months later when I could use the van again for CCC rallies , but was quoted an extra £250 on the renewal quote for exactly the same cover as I had previously , NEW POLICY they said so I declined and thanked them for NOT telling me this would happen when I lapsed my original policy,, so goodbye Comfort , I contacted the CCC club and got great cover from them cheaper than Comforts quote back in April so am now insured with the CCC and also my Bungalow is insured with the CCC buildings and contents with 180 days unoccupancy cover built in at a great premium,

I have multi vehicle with LV..quote came in for renewal £422.27.

Vehicles MG 3, van Autotrail tribute....

We rang LV .1st off mileage for both on both Vehicles less than agreed in 2020.

So phone call later £401.34..

We reduced the mileage on both vehicles (can not see us travelling much in EU this year) that helped

The van was £204.43

I have been with caravan guard for years phone them and get them to look at your quote

they are always helpfull i paid less than £300 last year van value 40k

they did insist on breakdown cover with the policy but i think they are just protecting there own interest

you have to shop around these days.

ham - 2021-02-03 7:46 AM

I have multi vehicle with LV..quote came in for renewal £422.27.

Vehicles MG 3, van Autotrail tribute....

We rang LV .1st off mileage for both on both Vehicles less than agreed in 2020.

So phone call later £401.34..

We reduced the mileage on both vehicles (can not see us travelling much in EU this year) that helped

The van was £204.43

I also use LV and just had a online quote direct from them. I then contacted Adrian Flux (Broker) and asked for a quote and they found LV to be the cheapest, but £19.70 cheaper than my direct online LV quote.

We never accept the quote given , all ways ask for lower...

However quotes are relevant to the first amount you are willing to pay ,mileage ,alarm fitted, vehicle garaged.Driving convictions ,Age, Health.

And other policys you may have with with them..

We have found that getting a cheaper policy always us having to accept a lower cover .

We did argue that last years insurance was not in use due to lockdown hence lower miles.Less risk,There fore we would like a discount..LOL. took 2 offers to get it cheaper

In discussing our renewal price with LV=, the conversation got round to not doing the predicted year 2020 mileage due to Covid.

Whilst we decided to leave 2021s mileage as before, because if we become free we intend to fully exploit our vehicle, the agent intervened to say, whether we renew or not they would make a stand alone "good will" repayment for the mileage we did not use in 2020.

A nice credit payment arrived in our C-Card account, and we did also renew at a tariff a little better than the renewal letter proposed.

Archived