Hmmm Pfizer and the EU kept quiet about that........

Guest pelmetman

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-10 9:55 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 8:55 AM

thebishbus - 2021-04-09 10:50 AM

Curtain Raiser.

The problem is there are so many conflicting reports . When I tapped into Google Chrome the first thing that came up was Fact Check, followed by 10 other world wide reports of deaths after the Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations .I did say they thought there was not a link> But from another source . AAPS (Association Of American Surgeons )

At least37 people have developed a rare platelet disorder after receiving the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines. A 56 year old Florida Obstetrician, Gregory Michael died 3 days after receiving the Pfizer product. They say it may be the tip of the iceberg. V.A.E.R.S

reported there were 309 cases of Thobocytopenia ( low platelets ) as of March 26, and advice people to look out for, bruising, rashes, nosebleeds, and bleeding from the gums. A bit confusing I think.

Brian B.

Seems to me all this bad mouthing of the AZ jab is because the UK gave it to the world for FREE B-) ........

Where as Pfizer & Co are looking to make billions :-| .........

That said the EU still screwed the AZ price down less than the cost of a Big Mac *-) .........

Which is why they're still waiting at the back of the queue >:-) ...........

The difference in price between AstraZeneca and Pfizer would make any government favour AstraZeneca and if it could be used safely for all its citizens of any age then they probably would rely more heavily on it.

And now the EU are keeping hold of any AstraZeneca vaccine produced there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/08/almost-all-dutch-made-astrazeneca-doses-will-stay-in-eu-says-brussels?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

So not exactly at the back of the queue.

Just as well we behave in a much more adult way than the EU then isn't it, as a chemical company in Snaith North Yorks. makes and supplies essential raw materials for Pfizer in Europe.

teflon2 - 2021-04-10 6:44 PM

Curtain Raiser.

The problem is there are so many conflicting reports . When I tapped into Google Chrome the first thing that came up was Fact Check, followed by 10 other world wide reports of deaths after the Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations .I did say they thought there was not a link> But from another source . AAPS (Association Of American Surgeons )

At least37 people have developed a rare platelet disorder after receiving the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines. A 56 year old Florida Obstetrician, Gregory Michael died 3 days after receiving the Pfizer product. They say it may be the tip of the iceberg. V.A.E.R.S

reported there were 309 cases of Thobocytopenia ( low platelets ) as of March 26, and advice people to look out for, bruising, rashes, nosebleeds, and bleeding from the gums. A bit confusing I think.

Brian B.

Seems to me all this bad mouthing of the AZ jab is because the UK gave it to the world for FREE B-) ........

That said the EU still screwed the AZ price down less than the cost of a Big Mac *-) .........

The difference in price between AstraZeneca and Pfizer would make any government favour AstraZeneca and if it could be used safely for all its citizens of any age then they probably would rely more heavily on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/08/almost-all-dutch-made-astrazeneca-doses-will-stay-in-eu-says-brussels?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Just as well we behave in a much more adult way than the EU then isn't it, as a chemical company in Snaith North Yorks. makes and supplies essential raw materials for Pfizer in Europe.

Was an issue with supply of lipid nanoparticles required by all the mRNA vaccines but production has been stepped up in Germany with two companies, Evonik and Merck KGaA now producing it. For a strange reason the UK press hasn't picked up on this as it doesn't feed into Brexit Blighty against the world narrative.

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 5:53 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-10 10:11 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 9:59 AM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

Stealing other countries Vaccines is acceptable to you is it??? 8-) ..........

EU LOSERS really are truly NASTY folk *-) ...........

So what you are saying is that the brilliant contract that Doris signed isn't enforceable?

Or that the collective might of 27 nations working together can make large pharmaceutical companies honour the crappy contract they had, and at a lower price.

Who would ever have thought that the collective might of 27 nations working together would override the weight of Little Britain?

Good luck with those trade negotiations.

How very EU of YOU ;-) .......

Defending Bullies *-) ........

Nope, just pointing out that there is strength in numbers.

Still doesn't bode well for those trade deals does it?

They Pledged to Donate Rights to Their COVID Vaccine........Then Sold Them to Pharma

The idea was to provide medicines preventing or treating COVID-19 at a low cost or free of charge, the British university said.

“We actually thought they were going to do that,” James Love, director of Knowledge Ecology International, a nonprofit that works to expand access to medical technology, said of Oxford’s pledge. “Why wouldn’t people agree to let everyone have access to the best vaccines possible?”

A few weeks later, Oxford—urged on by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation—reversed course. It signed an exclusive vaccine deal with AstraZeneca that gave the pharmaceutical giant sole rights and no guarantee of low prices—with the less-publicized potential for Oxford to eventually make millions from the deal and win plenty of prestige.

https://khn.org/news/rather-than-give-away-its-covid-vaccine-oxford-makes-a-deal-with-drugmaker/

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-10 7:49 PM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

Was an issue with supply of lipid nanoparticles required by all the mRNA vaccines but production has been stepped up in Germany with two companies, Evonik and Merck KGaA now producing it. For a strange reason the UK press hasn't picked up on this as it doesn't feed into Brexit Blighty against the world narrative.

Just a slight correction. The two German facilities "hope" to increase their production in the second quarter of 2021 whereas Croda are increasing their output fourfold now and exporting direct to Belgium as of now and with no interference by the British government. Perhaps our neighbors will take a lesson in statesmanship

teflon2 - 2021-04-11 7:29 PM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

Just a slight correction. The two German facilities "hope" to increase their production in the second quarter of 2021 whereas Croda are increasing their output fourfold now and exporting direct to Belgium as of now and with no interference by the British government. Perhaps our neighbors will take a lesson in statesmanship

What like allowing 10 million AstraZeneca vaccines to be exported to the UK?

And as all the Pfizer vaccine we use is made in Germany it would be a bit of a own goal to block the export of its ingredients.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-11 8:11 PM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

And as all the Pfizer vaccine we use is made in Germany it would be a bit of a own goal to block the export of its ingredients.

It's not looking good for the EU's alternative vaccine supplies 8-) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9460177/China-admits-Covid-jabs-not-effective-major-blow-global-health-battle.html

Meanwhile in Brexit Blighty B-) ............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9460091/Covid-vaccines-UK-People-40s-invited-jabs-tomorrow.html

That'll ruin the HATERS day >:-) .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.f1ab5410245330cb1af861b784ee8d42.jpg

Before anyone get too "gloaty" about the ineffectiveness of med' products coming from China....

I just received a box of the lateral flow tests through the post [box marked - NHS Test and Trace- Self-test (Rapid Antigen test)]

..and it's got "MADE IN CHINA" on the lid.....

(and as has been said many times before- We are not safe, until everyone is safe).

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2021-04-12 10:30 AM

Before anyone get too "gloaty" about the ineffectiveness of med' products coming from China....

I just received a box of the lateral flow tests through the post [box marked - NHS Test and Trace- Self-test (Rapid Antigen test)]

(and as has been said many times before- We are not safe, until everyone is safe).

The difference is PopUp ;-) .........

Chinese crap test might not detect the virus or it may give a false positive :-| .........

Where as a Chinese crap vaccine could prove fatal 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-04-12 10:34 AM

Chinese crap test might not detect the virus or it may give a false positive :-| .........

I honestly didn't think that it was possible but you ARE in fact getting even thicker!? 8-)

..if, to quote you, and your gloating, a "Chines Crap test might not detect the virus.." then with restrictions easing, that could "prove fatal" to many, many people, could it not...?

Anyhoo..I'm not getting drawn in a forum ping-pong match with an empty life, time-sponge like you, so you carry on living your *ahem*... "busy" and "interesting" life. (lol)

(36326 posts at 10.48 ..giggle..chuckle.. :D :D )

pepe63 - 2021-04-12 10:51 AM

I honestly didn't think that it was possible but you ARE in fact getting even thicker!? 8-)

..if, to quote you, and your gloating, a "Chines Crap test might not detect the virus.." then with restrictions easing, that could "prove fatal" to many, many people, could it not...?

Anyhoo..I'm not getting drawn in a forum ping-pong match with an empty life, time-sponge like you, so you carry on living your *ahem*... "busy" and "interesting" life. (lol)

Today sir, you win the internet.

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2021-04-12 10:51 AM

I think Chile is proving my point 8-) ..........

Hopefully Hungary hasn't ordered too many :-| ..........

They have enough problems as it is *-)........

Soak that up PopUp :D .........

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

As I understand it the 10 million doses were of Pfizer vaccine and the warning to the EU not to block vaccines came from a Pfizer executive, no comment from the UK government as we would not stoop to the base levels of the EU. who have continually denigrated the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine and are now reaping what they have sown. I feel sorry for the ordinary people of the EU having this type of representative body.

teflon2 - 2021-04-12 6:34 PM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

As I understand it the 10 million doses were of Pfizer vaccine and the warning to the EU not to block vaccines came from a Pfizer executive, no comment from the UK government as we would not stoop to the base levels of the EU. who have continually denigrated the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine and are now reaping what they have sown. I feel sorry for the ordinary people of the EU having this type of representative body.

Well you are going to be well p*ssed off with the American administration that are not only refusing to licence the AstraZeneca vaccine but have now pulled the other adenovirus vaccine from Johnson and Johnson due to more cerebral venous sinus thrombosis cases.

It looks to me like the EMA were ahead of the curve in identifying this causal link. And I'm sure it was only a coincidence that the UK authorities reached the same conclusion at the same time that the Moderna vaccine became available and halted the use of AstraZeneca in the vulnerable groups.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-13 3:18 PM

teflon2 - 2021-04-12 6:34 PM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

Well you are going to be well p*ssed off with the American administration that are not only refusing to licence the AstraZeneca vaccine but have now pulled the other adenovirus vaccine from Johnson and Johnson due to more cerebral venous sinus thrombosis cases.

It looks to me like the EMA were ahead of the curve in identifying this causal link. And I'm sure it was only a coincidence that the UK authorities reached the same conclusion at the same time that the Moderna vaccine became available and halted the use of AstraZeneca in the vulnerable groups.

Why? I see no reason for me to be upset especially when it works out at less than one in a million risk. I get my second Oxford Astrea Zenica vaccination on Saturday I have no qualms whosoever. As one researcher is quoted as saying you want blood clots catch Covid

I don't normally respond with comparisons but in case you are interested it seems sadly that Pfizer is not very effective against the African Variation of Covid 19

Guest pelmetman
thebishbus - 2021-04-14 8:24 AM

A bit more profit for them, they have just put the price up to 22.5 euros a dose now I believe .

Brian B.

That'll annoy the EU ;-) ...........

They only value their citizens the same as a Big Mac 8-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
thebishbus - 2021-04-20 4:16 PM

I see now that it is leaking out that there may be problems with the uncertified "Sputnik " vaccine. Reported 4 deaths and 6 other medical complications after its use. Now Germans are flying to Russia for it after rejecting the Oxford one.!

Brian B.

Oh dear............It's not looking good for the EU vaccine rollout *-) ..........

It's only a matter of time before another EU country overtakes Brexit Blighty 8-) ........

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Archived