Dometic Fridge display panel problem

Makingtrax

Came to use our 2016 Knaus after a winter lay up and the fridge is all working fine but the panel lights are not all coming on. The hook up light doesn't show, neither does the Auto button light and the temperature setting rectangles don't all show either, only the first two and the last. The rest, like the gas button are showing OK. Just seen a new panel costs over £200, gulp.

Any idea what could be causing this? And is their a fix without changing the whole panel.

Steve

Try leaving the fridge running on 230V for (say) 48 hours to see if that does any good.

(The odometer digital display on my Ford Transit-based Hobby motorhome used to be problematical after the vehicle had been unused for several months over the winter. This worsened until the display became blank, but then, during a ferry trip back from France, the display completely cured itself. I never discovered how long this apparent miracle would last as I sold the Hobby not long after.)

Derek Uzzell - 2021-04-25 1:48 PM

Steve

Try leaving the fridge running on 230V for (say) 48 hours to see if that does any good.

(The odometer digital display on my Ford Transit-based Hobby motorhome used to be problematical after the vehicle had been unused for several months over the winter. This worsened until the display became blank, but then, during a ferry trip back from France, the display completely cured itself. I never discovered how long this apparent miracle would last as I sold the Hobby not long after.)

Thanks Derek. I've been away to Harlech beach for a few days and had the fridge on hook up the whole time. Sadly it didn't cure it. Wonder if some damp has got in it over the winter?

Steve

arthur49 - 2021-04-25 1:44 PM

Try this lot if you need a repair. Never used them myself but heard good reports. It would be useful to know the model of your fridge so others may be able to help

http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/product_repair.html

The fridge is working fine, just the display panel lights. Tempting just to leave it, but its annoying.

Steve

Archived