The Weighbridge

Guest Peter kingham

Guest Peter kingham
I have been reading your notes about weights Can anyone help with my quest. A Website or list of Weighbridge address in the Ilford Essex area. I have had no luck with my google search so far. Thank you and keep up the interesting banter and info. Peter K

Guest mike turner
Check with you local council (county, not District, I think?). They have to inspect the scales used on weighbridges on a regular basis - they should be able to tell you where public weighbridges are. Also go on to www.motorhomefacts.com There's a database of weighbridges, but not very full yet. You may be able to past a query on there - somebody will get a naswer for you.

Guest Mike Chapman
Hello Peter, Try also your local Waste Management Companies landfill sites (Biffa, Cleanaway etc.) they may make a small charge. Regards, Mike.

Guest Brian Ramsden
Is the brewery at Romford still there? If so, they are sure to have a weighbridge. Charges are very low - about £3 for the 2 weighs you will need. Brian

There is definately one at Chelmsford, not too far away, at the DVLA vehicle test and plating centre on the Widford Industrial estate.

Guest Peter kingham
Thank you to all for your help. "A first class forum" The www.chrishodgetrucks.co.uk site was most a useful web site, it lists W/Bridge address widespread. I wish you all well "It's not what you know, it's who you know"

Guest Michael
There's an excellent list of weighbridges (by county) at Chris Hodge Trucks. It downloads a zip file of a (word) doc with all the details. Excellent source. http://www.chrishodgetrucks.co.uk/pageweighbridge/weighbridgeshome.htm

Archived