Sterling Power LiFePO4 (Lithium) Leisure Batteries

veletron

UPDATE TO MY POST ABOVE

Well here we are in February and Sterling have not produced a solution yet.  They are liaising with Daly the BMS manufacturer looking for a solution.

It appears the batteries charge and discharge fine but the bluetooth function is kaput.  That means you can neither view nor adjust the parameter/safety settings etc

Because of that it looks like Sterling's solution is to provide a shunt, as this will show volts, current and state of charge more accurately than the BMS.

My stance is that I purchased these batteries with bluetooth functionality and I want that to be reinstated. 

Its a pity Veletron has not been online here since October ! 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/02/2023 at 16:20, arthur49 said:

UPDATE TO MY POST ABOVE

Well here we are in February and Sterling have not produced a solution yet.  They are liaising with Daly the BMS manufacturer looking for a solution.

It appears the batteries charge and discharge fine but the bluetooth function is kaput.  That means you can neither view nor adjust the parameter/safety settings etc

Because of that it looks like Sterling's solution is to provide a shunt, as this will show volts, current and state of charge more accurately than the BMS.

My stance is that I purchased these batteries with bluetooth functionality and I want that to be reinstated. 

Its a pity Veletron has not been online here since October ! 

UPDATE - Sterling replaced the batteries so all good.  Moral? I prefer a battery where you can access the BMS to replace if reqd  eg SOK