Schaudt DT201 Display Circuit Diagram anyone?

StuartO

Robin,

Thank you for your reply above. With reference to your last sentence, I think none of us appreciated Stuart's confusion with the meaning D+. This was not helped by Stuart's correct use of the words "when the engine is started", in his opening post on this thread.

Stuart,

I am pleased that all is now sorted. As one of those professionaly trained engineers, I am often struggling to get down to the technical level of others. (No insult intended.)

As regards your DT201 settings quandry, it may help in you think of the binary equivalent of the setting codes. For example in a four bit binary nibble, decimal 1 = 0001, decimal 4 = 0100, decimal 5 = 0101.

If you regard the binary 1's (bits set), as switches enabling the various options, does that help?

Alan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2021-06-07 3:29 PM

Now for the $64,000 question. :-D Did you discover in the process where the buzzer is, actually, mounted?

I think, as per my logic somewhere above, we've come to the conclusion that the buzzer is in/on the panel (and shared with some other alarm functions of the panel).

There appears to be no reason for a D+ signal to be directed to the panel other than to sound the step alarm when the engine is started, and there also appears to be no output connection to drive a buzzer remote from the panel.

That isn't to say that there isn't a supplementary unit somewhere closer to the driver (as I said, mine is mounted under the driver's seat) but, given the panel function, I doubt it.

Robinhood - 2021-06-07 8:01 PM

=================================================================================

There appears to be no reason for a D+ signal to be directed to the panel other than to sound the step alarm when the engine is started, and there also appears to be no output connection to drive a buzzer remote from the panel.

=================================================================================

Robin,

On CBE systems there is a coupled batteries icon or indication on the control panel. This indication is activated by the (simulated) D+ going high. Am I correct in deducing from your statement, that there is no similar indication on Schaudt DT201 panels? This indication is of limited use, as you have to start the engine, and then leave the driver's seat in order to see it.

Alan

Alan

...yes, I'm used to that display on the CBE panels, and it was one of the first things I checked - no equivalent.

I can't see any indication, visual or audible, that would require the D+ feed (other than the step warning) on the DT201.

(which doesn't mean to say I haven't missed something)

Now that I was driven to notice more detail, my DT201 displays a graphic of a MH with steps out whenever the steps are out and an addition (flashing) graphic of sound emitter when the buzzer sounds. This is of no practical value but it does go to show how very thorough German design is!

I did recollect that the Options Menu was a bit binary in the strange way the parameter numbers escalated although I didn’t understand any detail. I still don’t understand the Schaudt instruction on how to get it to activate things. Hey ho, My empirical intervention have achieved what was necessary so I can live with having to remain ignorant in that respect.

And for Brian I can confirm the buzzer is on the PCB of the DT201 ( in my case mounted over the habitation door) and although my wife is convinced I’m going deaf I can just about hear it from the driving seat.

I have test-tried the new DT201 panel and doing so has convinced me that the original panel was serviceable, so that went back into service and the new one is stored as a spare.

Swapping panels was not difficult but I took the precaution of turning off both the DT201 panel and the EBL before disconnecting and reconnecting. I also took photos of the connections because there are quite a few connections to make.

You may remember that the late Allan Evans was distinctly averse to ever switching off an EBL because of a risk that they would sometimes fail to restart. I took advice about whether there would be less risk in disconnecting an DT201 by first switching off the EBL and then did so. Using the big black switch had no adverse effect apart from dumping the water in the boiler.

StuartO - 2021-06-12 3:32 PM..........................You may remember that the late Allan Evans was distinctly averse to ever switching off an EBL because of a risk that they would sometimes fail to restart. I took advice about whether there would be less risk in disconnecting an DT201 by first switching off the EBL and then did so. Using the big black switch had no adverse effect apart from dumping the water in the boiler.

Sounds like a very wise precaution. Glad you're all sorted - all we need now is the freedom to go out to play! :-)

Archived