Tax rises

John52

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-19 6:53 PM

malc d - 2021-07-19 5:38 PM

As a matter of interest, (or not ), I don't blame Boris Johnson for Brexit - I blame David Cameron, who seems to have escaped the responsibility with very little flak.

My opposition to Boris Johnson is because he's a clown, who shows no respect for voters ( or anyone else ). :-|

Oh well, if you're going back that far, -----------------------------------

:-(

You have to go back that far in history if you want to make contact with Daves' mindset.

;-)

p.s. I think it unlikely that Dave will read anything else past your first line - so he won't be any the wiser.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-19 8:07 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-19 6:53 PM

malc d - 2021-07-19 5:38 PM

As a matter of interest, (or not ), I don't blame Boris Johnson for Brexit - I blame David Cameron, who seems to have escaped the responsibility with very little flak.

My opposition to Boris Johnson is because he's a clown, who shows no respect for voters ( or anyone else ). :-|

Oh well, if you're going back that far, -----------------------------------

:-(

You have to go back that far in history if you want to make contact with Daves' mindset.

;-)

p.s. I think it unlikely that Dave will read anything else past your first line - so he won't be any the wiser.

;-)

Correct I dont ;-) ...........

I'm wise enough :D.........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-07-20 6:58 PM

pelmetman - 2021-07-19 9:15 PM.............................Correct I dont ;-) ...........

Now there's a surprise. Reminds me of a quote: "one can always tell a closed mind - but not much!" (lol) (lol) (lol)

So say's a closed Liberal mind :D ............

pelmetman - 2021-07-19 9:15 PM.............................Correct I dont ;-) ...........

Now there's a surprise. Reminds me of a quote: "one can always tell a closed mind - but not much!" (lol) (lol) (lol)

Watch out Brian

He'll drag you down to his level,

and then beat you with experience ;-)

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 7:58 AM

Dictionary definition of Liberal Politics :

Believers in -- Liberty - Equality - Democracy - Freedom of Speech.

Daves' definition of Liberal Politics :

People with closed minds.

Just sayin'

:D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-21 10:06 AM

Believers in -- "Liberty" to do what ever you want and get away with it - "Equality" for anyone so long as they're not white old blokes - "Democracy" so long as its PR where the party with the most votes LOSE - "Freedom" for murderers to murder again

Just sayin'

Just correcting :D .............

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 10:37 AM

Believers in -- "Liberty" to do what ever you want and get away with it - "Equality" for anyone so long as they're not white old blokes - "Democracy" so long as its PR where the party with the most votes LOSE - "Freedom" for murderers to murder again

Just sayin'

Someone conned you when they sold you your dictionary Dave.

But well done anyway for buying one.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-21 11:17 AM

Just sayin'

Real world reality often comes as a shock to Liberals I've noticed ;-) ...........

malc d - 2021-07-21 11:17 AM

Just sayin'

His "dictionary" is a 1950s issue of Beano. :-|

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-18 1:20 PM

I think the answer, in both cases, would be the re-introduction of new towns, where land was selected for suitability, was compulsorily purchased (at fair (ish!) market prices), and was then developed with all commercial facilities to make property available at affordable prices. All we have now is a few (usually large) houses being bolted to every small town and village in the country, with little to no enhancement of local services, and the pretence that we are going to make transport green.

I live in a area which has seen huge increases in housing stock, and the builders are still putting up estates as fast as they can. We see towns that are struggling to cope with the increase in population, and villages which have been swamped. We have three new towns within 25 miles. It's been like this around here for the last 40+ years, and all these new houses have not held prices down for one second.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-07-21 5:11 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-18 1:20 PM

I think the answer, in both cases, would be the re-introduction of new towns, where land was selected for suitability, was compulsorily purchased (at fair (ish!) market prices), and was then developed with all commercial facilities to make property available at affordable prices. All we have now is a few (usually large) houses being bolted to every small town and village in the country, with little to no enhancement of local services, and the pretence that we are going to make transport green.

I live in a area which has seen huge increases in housing stock, and the builders are still putting up estates as fast as they can. We see towns that are struggling to cope with the increase in population, and villages which have been swamped. We have three new towns within 25 miles. It's been like this around here for the last 40+ years, and all these new houses have not held prices down for one second.

Agreed ;-) ............

Archived