Aqua Kem Concentrated

spospe

Assuming you mean the Aqua Kem that is sold as Thetford, the loo makers, yes it worked as good as any other when we last used it.

We didn't find any advantage in the concentrated version, just use less, but still use more than they say for a pong free throne.

We did find the Green less effective and more expensive than the Blue!

My wife was not keen on the aroma, and that's before we added our contributions, so we switched to Elsan which is also less expensive.

Like all additives we found that using around 25% more than the stated dose helped when the loo was nearly full in hot weather!

We often found it cheapest at the shows so being cost conscious we used to stock up when we saw it discounted!

Maybe try it but keep your old one handy just in case?

spospe - 2021-07-19 5:45 PM

I have just been offered some Aqua Kem Blue (Concentrated) and as I have never seen or used it before, I thought I would ask Forum members for their opinion as to its use and efficiency.

Used Blue for many years without a problem but some time back came across one or two sites that wouldn't accept it, but accepted the Green (Aqua Chem).

Something to do with the chemicals in the Blue which were not welcome in ' bio ' toilets.

Not sure if this is still the case - maybe someone else is more up to date with info.

Have used Aqua Green ever since with no problems.

:-|

I use the green cubes because if we return form a weekend trip we deposit into our home based septic tank. The green is septic tank friendly. It is however, way less efficient at masking odours even in winter if you wait for your cassette to fill over the course of a week (urine only). Apart from the environmental need I am not won over - a lit candle will neutralise a session but if your discharge is linked to an actual sewerage system it is way more effective to use blue and way cheaper since we use 2 green cubes vs 1 blue.

malc d - 2021-07-19 8:23 PM

spospe - 2021-07-19 5:45 PM

I have just been offered some Aqua Kem Blue (Concentrated) and as I have never seen or used it before, I thought I would ask Forum members for their opinion as to its use and efficiency.

Used Blue for many years without a problem but some time back came across one or two sites that wouldn't accept it, but accepted the Green (Aqua Chem).

Something to do with the chemicals in the Blue which were not welcome in ' bio ' toilets.

Not sure if this is still the case - maybe someone else is more up to date with info.

Have used Aqua Green ever since with no problems.

:-|

Since building a CTDP I have discovered our club collection tank is a septic tank and not a cess pit, they are different things.

After researching it appears that fluids containing formaldehyde should not be used in a septic tank, as it kills the bacteria that works to clean the waste which then as water return to the ground in various ways. The sludge in the bottom gets removed occasionally.

A cess pit is in the main used for the temporary collection and emptying regularity.

So it depends on the system in use what additive to use.

HTH

B-)

Archived