60% admitted to hospital with Covid.....

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2021-07-21 8:54 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 7:54 AM

malc d - 2021-07-20 2:51 PM

pelmetman - 2021-07-20 2:23 PM

malc d - 2021-07-20 10:23 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-20 9:17 AM

malc d - 2021-07-20 8:42 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-19 10:11 PM

malc d - 2021-07-19 9:55 PM

pelmetman - 2021-07-19 9:28 PM

colin - 2021-07-19 9:18 PM

A friend of mi e, both his parents are ill, his father is in hospital, hopefully coming home soon, his mother has been pretty bad but not enough to go into hospital.

The vacine seems to have evened up the odds across the age groups.

Some people are too busy bitching about Boris *-) ..........

Meanwhile Chinky Flu is the real enemy 8-) ........

A lot of the latest victims could have the Indian variant that Boris Johnson imported.

:-|

He could have imported the African variant like France :-S ..........

No doubt YOU Boris Haters will find a way to blame him when it arrives here *-) ........

Unlike the U.K. France is not an island - ( if you had paid more attention at school you would know that :D )

On an island it's a lot easier to close borders - but we didn't do it at the right time. In France a virus could ' walk in '.

I am NOT by the way, a " Boris Hater " - I just don't respect him as Prime Minister because I regard him as a showman and a clown.

( Again, if you had paid attention at school you would know that the opposite of " like " is not " hate " ).

;-)

p.s. If you can come up with a list of any of Boris Johnsons positive qualities as a Prime Minister, I'd be interested to read them.

(?)

Japan is an Island........have they kept the virus out (?) ...........

So your saying that your fellow forum Remoaners dont hate Boris? :-| ..........

As for Boris's positive qualities..........He's a WINNER not a Whiner >:-) ..........

So when we are comparing the U.K. with France - your response is "what about Japan " ? ( Very odd response that ).

You implied that being an island Boris could have prevented COVID from arriving ;-) ...........

Where as the evidence implies that your wrong *-) .............

I am implying that, being an island, Johnson could have closed the borders.

Australia has closed its borders............Has it kept the Indian Variant out? :-| ........

Nope *-) ..............

They have had less than 1000 deaths. 150 times less than us. Why do you think that is then?

Careful, the way Parasiteman understands maths he will think that means we have only had 1,150 deaths here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

A friend of mi e, both his parents are ill, his father is in hospital, hopefully coming home soon, his mother has been pretty bad but not enough to go into hospital.

A lot of the latest victims could have the Indian variant that Boris Johnson imported.

No doubt YOU Boris Haters will find a way to blame him when it arrives here *-) ........

Unlike the U.K. France is not an island - ( if you had paid more attention at school you would know that :D )

On an island it's a lot easier to close borders - but we didn't do it at the right time. In France a virus could ' walk in '.

I am NOT by the way, a " Boris Hater " - I just don't respect him as Prime Minister because I regard him as a showman and a clown.

( Again, if you had paid attention at school you would know that the opposite of " like " is not " hate " ).

;-)

p.s. If you can come up with a list of any of Boris Johnsons positive qualities as a Prime Minister, I'd be interested to read them.

(?)

As for Boris's positive qualities..........He's a WINNER not a Whiner >:-) ..........

So when we are comparing the U.K. with France - your response is "what about Japan " ? ( Very odd response that ).

You implied that being an island Boris could have prevented COVID from arriving ;-) ...........

Australia has closed its borders............Has it kept the Indian Variant out? :-| ........

Nope *-) ..............

They have had less than 1000 deaths. 150 times less than us. Why do you think that is then?

Have they kept the Indian variant out (?) ............

A simple Yes or No will suffice ;-) .............

;-)

(?)

Nope *-) ..............

It's noticeable that Dave no longer defends or praises his idol.

If anyone accuses Johnson of getting anything wrong, Dave simply says " Well, what about ( France - Australia - Mozambique - or somewhere else ) "

Or " Things are no better in ------------------------------ "

Do you think he may be losing confidence in Johnsons outstanding leadership qualities ??

(?)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-21 11:14 AM

;-)

(?)

Nope *-) ..............

If anyone accuses Johnson of getting anything wrong, Dave simply says " Well, what about ( France - Australia - Mozambique - or somewhere else ) "

Do you think he may be losing confidence in Johnsons outstanding leadership qualities ??

(?)

Boris is doing better than many EU and wannabe EU countries B-) ..........

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

BTW.....It's noticeable that you have changed the subject ;-) ............

I'm guessing you couldn't find many islands that managed to keep the Indian variant out :-| ........

Could be worse :-| .............

We have had nearly a thousand cases of the South African variant, it got here before it got to France, but it has been out competed by the Indian variant.

p.s. Just looked at the latest figures, France has nowhere near the cases or deaths of UK at moment, combine that with their booming economy and a vaccination rate about 10% less than ours and they are in much better shape.

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 11:41 AM

;-)

(?)

Nope *-) ..............

(?)

Boris is doing better than many EU and wannabe EU countries B-) ..........

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I'm guessing you couldn't find many islands that managed to keep the Indian variant out :-| ........

I've not been looking.

I don't remember saying that I was going to look for any islands.

IF I was to give advice to islands about keeping the Indian variant out, I would suggest they don't allow visitors from U.K.

Nope *-) ..............

(?)

Cummings thinks people like Pelmet have "got a screw loose".

We knew that all along.

colin - 2021-07-21 12:00 PM

Could be worse :-| .............

We have had nearly a thousand cases of the South African variant, it got here before it got to France, but it has been out competed by the Indian variant.

p.s. Just looked at the latest figures, France has nowhere near the cases or deaths of UK at moment, combine that with their booming economy and a vaccination rate about 10% less than ours and they are in much better shape.

He doesn't want to hear that Colin because of his rabid hatred for the EU though the same bloke used to spend half the year sitting on a car park in Spain because the booze was cheaper. :-|

malc d - 2021-07-21 3:06 PM

Serious question :

Does anyone know the official reason why the fake figure of 128,000 Covid deaths is used by the media, when the true figure is more than 153,000.

(?)

Because it's a lower figure so appears more palatable.

What they should explain is the 128,000+ is the number which died within 28 days of testing positive and not the total which we know is 153,070......though that figure will increase after 4pm today when it's updated.

Bulletguy - 2021-07-21 3:16 PM

Serious question :

Does anyone know the official reason why the fake figure of 128,000 Covid deaths is used by the media, when the true figure is more than 153,000.

(?)

That doesn't answer my question.

I can understand why the government use the 28 day figure ( I'm surprised they don't make it 10 days ) but why would ALL the MEDIA keep spinning the results.

What's in in for them ?

(?)

colin - 2021-07-21 4:33 PM

I think the 28 day figure is internationally recognised and used around the world.

That could well be the case.

Unlikely that politicians anywhere in the world would miss an opportunity like that to " improve " results.

malc d - 2021-07-21 4:26 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-07-21 3:16 PM

Serious question :

(?)

That doesn't answer my question.

I can understand why the government use the 28 day figure.

I can't, given only one month of the year has 28 days.

...but why would ALL the MEDIA keep spinning the results.

What's in it for them ?

(?)

Avoiding jail?

Government only want nice stories published about them and plan to jail any journos publishing stuff which doesn't show the regime in a good light.

Guest pelmetman

Serious question :

(?)

Oh dear Malc *-) .........

You have gone full Loony Lefty now 8-) ........

Seeing as YOU are now including folk who got run over by a bus :-| .........

That side of fence you got off on has obviously affected you more than I thought :D ..........

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 9:37 PM

Serious question :

(?)

Well the official charts say that 153,000 who died had " Covid-19 " on their death certificates.

So, you may be right that some of them got run over by a bus at some time, but they died of Covid.

Not sure why you mention " the Loony Left again " (It's just become one of your obsessions I guess ) - but my query is why ALL the media use the lower number. Nothing to do with left or right.

It may be that your strange obsession has lead you to believe that ALL media is controlled by the left ?

No need to worry so much Dave - they're not.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-21 10:05 PM

Serious question :

(?)

Well the official charts say that 153,000 who died had " Covid-19 " on their death certificates.

So, you may be right that some of them got run over by a bus at some time, but they died of Covid.

Not sure why you mention " the Loony Left again " (It's just become one of your obsessions I guess ) - but my query is why ALL the media use the lower number. Nothing to do with left or right.

It may be that your strange obsession has lead you to believe that ALL media is controlled by the left ?

No need to worry so much Dave - they're not.

;-)

"So, you may be right that some of them got run over by a bus at some time, but they died of Covid."

*-) *-) *-) *-) *-) ............

Birdbrain - 2021-07-21 8:28 PM

Australias an island isnt it ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57911032

From YOUR LINK

"915 people have died of Covid in Australia. Mr Morrison noted that the UK had recorded more than 90 deaths in a single day on Tuesday."

That's 915 people in total for one island nation, compared to over 150,000 for another, could you remind me which?

Serious question :

(?)

That's a grossly offensive and thoroughly despicable remark.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-21 10:05 PM

Serious question :

(?)

"A death in someone who has tested positive becomes progressively less likely to be directly due to COVID-19 as time passes and more likely to be due to another cause. However, there is no agreed cut-off after which COVID-19 can be excluded as a likely cause and sadly, we know that some people die from their infection many weeks later. Coronavirus can also contribute to a death without being the main or “underlying” cause.

The World Health Organization (WHO) recognises this complexity and states that:

A COVID-19 death is defined for surveillance purposes as a death resulting from a clinically compatible illness in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 disease (e.g. trauma)."

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

So your 150k deaths is a worst case guess :-| ...........

No need to guess why you Boris Haters prefer to use that number though *-) ..........

The United Kingdom is today engaged in a dangerous and very likely deadly experiment, as it eases nearly all Covid-19 restrictions across the country. Over the weekend the UK counted 54,000 new Covid cases in a single day, near its all time high of early January. Still, as the new Freedom Day policy fell into place at midnight Sunday, Londoners flocked to music venues and clubs, reveling in their newfound liberties in what, to me, appeared nothing short of a dance macabre.

Just slightly more than half of the UK population, 54%, are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Around 70% have received one dose. To think that these numbers are high enough to end restrictions is a tragic error, one that will be paid in lives lost and permanently destroyed by Covid-19. The country to watch is Israel, where around 58% of the population has been fully vaccinated with the top of the line mRNA vaccines. Public health restrictions were eased in Israel in early June, but quickly reimposed when, during an outbreak of the Delta variant, the Israeli Ministry of Health noticed that half of those infected were fully vaccinated. The effectiveness of the vaccines against infection had apparently dropped from 94% to 64% in the face of Delta. The vaccines did still seem to be highly protective against severe disease, at 93% though recent reports suggest that protection may actually be lower.

In the UK, restrictions have been eased for a population that is significantly more fragile. Not only are vaccine rates lower than in Israel, the vaccines administered include the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, which is less effective than Pfizer or Moderna against the Delta variant, at just 60% effectiveness for preventing symptomatic disease. Freedom Day is a tragedy for all those in the UK who will no doubt be infected, who will suffer Covid’s long-term effects, and who will die, but it is also a tragedy in the making for the rest of the world, as it creates the ideal environment for a new vaccine-busting variant to emerge.

Think about SARS-CoV-2 as a highly tuned artificial intelligence machine, constantly mutating and adapting until it lands on a combination of mutations that gives the virus the upper hand. A recent study of the B.1.1.7 Alpha variant, less transmissible than Delta, shows how mutations to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein makes it better able to evade our protective antibodies while mutations in other regions of its genome increase the effectiveness of early immune suppression.

Remember, vaccines act more like an alarm rather than a foolproof barrier to infection. The vaccines teach our bodies how to recognize SARS-CoV-2 quickly and summon a rapid immune response to rid the virus from our system. But the virus has already learned how to shut off some of those alarms. That gives it more time to replicate inside us, and with each copy it makes of itself, it has the chance to introduce an error or mutation that may be more capable at overcoming our vaccine induced or natural immunity, creating a variant that even vaccines cannot control.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/07/20/the-uks-dangerous-and-deadly-gamble/?sh=4fd3b846400a

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-22 9:47 AM

In the UK, restrictions have been eased for a population that is significantly more fragile. Not only are vaccine rates lower than in Israel, the vaccines administered include the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, which is less effective than Pfizer or Moderna against the Delta variant, at just 60% effectiveness for preventing symptomatic disease. Freedom Day is a tragedy for all those in the UK who will no doubt be infected, who will suffer Covid’s long-term effects, and who will die, but it is also a tragedy in the making for the rest of the world, as it creates the ideal environment for a new vaccine-busting variant to emerge.

Hmmmm ;-) ...........

"the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is 96% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses

the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is 92% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

It seems to our resident NASTY Lefty a difference of just 4% will make the UK more vunerable than Israel to the Indian variant 8-) .........

But then again he does think that 1500 quid is greater than 4.1 million quid (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Archived