Booing RNLI ...

Birdbrain

pelmetman - 2021-07-29 8:08 AM

If the RNLI and Border Force took them back to France they couldn't be called a taxi service *-) ...........

It would also kill off the peoples smugglers trade B-) ...............................

You do realise the people smugglers don't just operate a cross channel taxi service, don't you Dave? Most of them only get to France because of people smugglers. Where there is demand, the people smugglers will thrive, and will exploit all means to achieve their end.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-07-29 3:36 PM

If the RNLI and Border Force took them back to France they couldn't be called a taxi service *-) ...........

It would also kill off the peoples smugglers trade B-) ...............................

You do realise the people smugglers don't just operate a cross channel taxi service, don't you Dave? Most of them only get to France because of people smugglers. Where there is demand, the people smugglers will thrive, and will exploit all means to achieve their end.

You do realise its because of soppy liberals that they're able to thrive *-) ..........

Yes i've just been reading that..

A 2000% increase in donations after just ONE day! 8-)

Simply wonderful.

The RNLI said it received over £200,000 in donations on Wednesday alone, a 2,000 per cent increase on the previous day and far above the daily average of £6,000 to £7,000.

It has also recorded a surge in the number of people viewing information on how to volunteer with the lifeboat charity.

Jayne George, the RNLI’s fundraising director, said: “We are overwhelmed with the huge level of support we have received from our amazing supporters in the last couple of days.

“We have seen an uplift in donations, with over £200,000 being donated yesterday alone through a combination of one off donations, new regular support and supporters increasing their regular donation amount. This is simply incredible.”

Thats given a well deserved kick in the teeth to all the knuckle dragging racist bigots. Excellent!!

CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-29 2:16 PM

pelmetman - 2021-07-29 2:08 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-07-29 11:22 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-29 11:18 AM

Really?............How many non EU migrants did we send back too France then? *-) ............

However many it was each year its more than the "zero" that will get sent back now thanks to Brexit. Then of course you have to ask yourself (thanks to brexit) just how hard the French are trying even though we now pay them a million quid a week to control our borders for us. Funny how its all increased massively since Brexit day eh? (lol)

So you cant find any evidence of how many non EU citizens we sent back to France either? ;-) ..........

See if you had gone to university you would know how to use Google

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Dublin_statistics_on_countries_responsible_for_asylum_application#Implemented_transfers_within_the_Dublin_procedure

Plus, the present crisis broadly began with the Syrian Civil War in 2011, exacerbated over time by refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq, Eritrea and Sudan. Since 2011 there have been one coalition (Conservative majority), and three Conservative, governments in UK. How on earth could all those migrants have been allowed to enter, and who on earth can have failed to send them back?

Couldn't possibly be because on examination many had justifiable claims for asylum/refugee status, could it?

The only logical alternative to that would appear to be either gross dereliction of duty by all those Conservative administrations, or that they really wanted the migrants as cheap labour. Who/what else could be the explanation? Go figure.

pelmetman - 2021-07-29 3:40 PM

You do realise its because of soppy liberals that they're able to thrive *-) ..........

See below. Who are those "soppy liberals"? Tricky! :-D

colin - 2021-07-29 11:41 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-07-28 6:22 PM

... I help fund em but I can understand folk having a go ...

Yes I too understand there are thick ignorant racist idiots.

Meanwhile Pratti and chums have overseen a massive increase in these migrants, made all the worse since Brexit.

"Yes I too understand there are thick ignorant racist idiots" ... Dont think we can 100% blame The Labour Party and its voters Colin

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-29 4:04 PM

pelmetman - 2021-07-29 3:40 PM

See below. Who are those "soppy liberals"? Tricky! :-D

I think you meant above!

LOL! Excellent news. Brightened up a pretty good day even more that has. Well done people. I think ill stick an extra tenner in myself.

Its time Farage got a bit more of this I reckon. Odious cretin

(lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-07-29 5:00 PM

LOL! Excellent news. Brightened up a pretty good day even more that has. Well done people. I think ill stick an extra tenner in myself.

(lol)

Looks like RNLI dont need your extra coin ... Why dont you put it towards decorating the spare room at your house for one of those you preach about but dont want in your whites only village ... Youve got to help surely

Birdbrain - 2021-07-29 5:16 PM

(lol)

Looks like RNLI dont need your extra coin ... Why dont you put it towards decorating the spare room at your house for one of those you preach about but dont want in your whites only village ... Youve got to help surely

How do you know I Dont help refugees already?

Barryd999 - 2021-07-29 5:51 PM

(lol)

It's not just you Barry.

ALL British taxpayers are helping them.

Who else is paying for the ships of our Border Force.

:-|

p.s. Fortunately it won't be a problem much longer because Boris Johnson is going to " control our borders "

Chuckle (lol)

Nigel Farage praised by RNLI after donations surge attributed to nation’s ‘fcuk that twaat’ impulse

Nigel Farage RNLI complaints

Sources at the Royal National Lifeboat Institution have confirmed that their next ship might be named ‘The Nigel’ after a tidal wave of loathing for Nigel Farage resulted in a jump in contributions by people wanting to find some way to make his life miserable.

Captain Simon Williams, in charge of the RNLI rescue operations in Kent, said that Nigel Farage’s attacks on the organisation had been a godsend, financially.

He told us, “We get some money from those little coin things in seaside shops and donations from the thousands upon thousands of people we have saved over the years.

“But money is tight all over so it’s been great for someone so detested to remind everyone that we will go out into a storm to save anyone who is in trouble regardless of who they are or why they are in trouble.”

Attacks by people such as Nigel Farage have also resulted in RNLI volunteers being threatened or having beer cans thrown at them by illiterate divorcees who claim they are ‘patrolling our shores’ while getting drunk in a car park near Dover port. Attacks that Captain Williams said would not deter RNLI volunteers.

“If we get the call, even from Nigel Farage himself during his wanky boat trips where he looks at water and gets all angry because brown people exist, we would still go out.”

“We would still try to save his life because, and I know this is a hard concept for some to grasp, we’re not cnts.”

If you want to help wipe the smirk off the frog-faced fascist’s face, please consider donating here. https://rnli.org/support-us/give-money/donate

Barryd999 - 2021-07-29 5:51 PM

(lol)

Do you help to home them anywhere but your whites only village ... Chuckle

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-29 4:01 PM

The only logical alternative to that would appear to be either gross dereliction of duty by all those Conservative administrations, or that they really wanted the migrants as cheap labour. Who/what else could be the explanation? Go figure.

Years ago, a French Police Officer at the sharp end in Calais went on TV and said you English need to sort out your black economy if you want to stop this. But this Government have their fingers in their ears. They have always treated illegal immigration in a half hearted manner

So I guess its probably a bit of both

But most of all it gets the working classes falling out between themselves - same old Tory divide and rule.

Leaving the upper classes to award each other crony contracts, taxpayer funded subsidies and peerages in Johnson's absurdly over populated House of Lords.

Barryd999 - 2021-07-29 6:01 PM

Attacks by people such as Nigel Farage have also resulted in RNLI volunteers being threatened or having beer cans thrown at them by illiterate divorcees who claim they are ‘patrolling our shores’ while getting drunk in a car park near Dover port. Attacks that Captain Williams said would not deter RNLI volunteers.

This country has plummeted to an all time low. :-(

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) has expressed pride in its work and reaffirmed its principle duty of rescuing anyone in trouble at sea, after receiving criticism for saving migrants in distress as they attempt to cross the Channel.

Mark Dowie, Chief Executive of the RNLI, said this morning (28 July) : “I could not be prouder of our amazing volunteer lifeboat crews, who launch to the aid of anyone who is in trouble in or around the water and needs our help.”

Migrant Voice stands with the RNLI and supports its decision to speak out after receiving criticism. Migrants rescued by RNLI volunteers are often in overcrowded inflatable boats, suffering from sickness or dehydration, and are frequently in great distress.

Founded in 1824, the RNLI exists to save lives at sea. Despite being a well-respected British charity, it has recently received some criticism for carrying out its vital work, including from members of the public, the press, and former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, who described the RNLI as a “taxi service for illegal immigration”.

“We do not judge those we rescue – where we believe there is a risk to life at sea, we will always launch in response to a call from HM Coastguard,” said Dowie.

“We want to be absolutely clear that we are incredibly proud of the work our volunteer lifeboat crews do to rescue vulnerable people in distress.”

Migrant Voice is proud to support and to stand with the RNLI and its mission to save anyone who needs assistance at sea.

“A number of our members have been rescued by the RNLI while crossing the Channel,” said Migrant Voice director Nazek Ramadan. “We know how essential and life-saving the RNLI’s work is.

“Migrants will be forced to make these dangerous journeys in the absence of safe and legal routes.”

The RNLI has also released testimonies from its volunteer rescuers, who have described the dire situations in which they have found migrants in the Channel in need of rescue.

“Most are desperate, the boats are overcrowded, women and children are often crying, some are seasick and not well,” said one volunteer.

Another volunteer said the current situation is a tragedy waiting to happen.

“If the worst happens and a boat overturns with 30-40 people on with children, we will struggle to save them all,” said the volunteer.

“The image and thought of that happening is enough to make your blood run cold. We need to find and help these people, sod the politics. No-one deserves to drown because of where they come from.”

Testimonies from Migrant Voice members

“Many of my friends lost their lives seeking safety across dangerous seas. People who rescue us at sea don't know how amazing they are, we thank you and please don't give up.”

“Before my wife got into the boat she told me she loves me and if she couldn't make it to the other side wanted me know that she loves me a lot.” - tragically his wife drowned.

https://www.migrantvoice.org/home/pagenews/rnli-defends-channel-rescues-280721094957

Bulletguy - 2021-07-29 7:36 PM

Personally I'd say blowing kids up at concerts, blowing buses up, stabbing folk on Westminster Bridge etc etc etc was a little lower but hey-ho ... Seems were at an all time high actually ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57339266 ... Something normalised by Corbyn and his Labour Party

Birdbrain - 2021-07-30 6:06 AM

Personally I'd say blowing kids up at concerts, blowing buses up, stabbing folk on Westminster Bridge etc etc etc was a little lower but hey-ho ... Seems were at an all time high actually ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57339266 ... Something normalised by Corbyn and his Labour Party

They see it as taking revenge.

What do you feel about Her Majesty's Forces bombing and killing innocent people?

Thats what happens in war

You need to try and understand these people

Because pelmet's suggestion of threatening suicide bombers with the death penalty might not work. *-)

Whatever they are they are not cowards, you can't frighten them away with threats.

Unfortunately tackling the causes of crime takes more intelligence and understanding than simply increasing the sentences for the tiny minority who get caught. And you can't condense it into simple slogans and pictures for the populist media. They will just portray it as 'soft on crime' 'terrorist sympathiser' etc

If their audience don't have the intelligence to see beyond simple retribution

Brian Kirby - 2021-07-30 7:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-07-29 4:41 PM.............................

I think you meant above!

Too late now, but you're right. Thanks.

Funny he want all quiet after I pointed that out, though. Perhaps he hadn't realised.

Too complicated for him.

You'd have only got the stock answer of "lefty loser liberal blah" and then some weird tangent about how Boris has saved the world. :-|

John52 - 2021-07-30 7:34 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-07-30 6:06 AM

They see it as taking revenge.

What do you feel about Her Majesty's Forces bombing and killing innocent people?

Thats what happens in war

You need to try and understand these people

Because pelmet's suggestion of threatening suicide bombers with the death penalty might not work. *-)

Whatever they are they are not cowards, you can't frighten them away with threats.

Unfortunately tackling the causes of crime takes more intelligence and understanding than simply increasing the sentences for the tiny minority who get caught. And you can't condense it into simple slogans and pictures for the populist media. They will just portray it as 'soft on crime' 'terrorist sympathiser' etc

If their audience don't have the intelligence to see beyond simple retribution

Chuckle ... So the Charlie Hebdo slaughter was because which army was "killing and bombing" which "innocent people"??? ... Given the mass majority of Islamist attacks year on year are against those that havent bombed or attacked Muslim homelands what does that say about your childish reason for Islamist attacks???

This brave lady fled war torn Syria. A qualified pharmacist......but now a complete job change.

Refugee mum who fled to Yorkshire from Syria without a penny to her name becomes top cheesemaker

Many of us would struggle to move to a new place, but Syrian Razan Alsous has thrived in one of the hardest situations a person can go through.

After fleeing civil war in Syria with her husband Raghid and three children, Razan was forced to start again, and has become an award-winning cheesemaker after settling in Yorkshire.

Just like some of the five million Syrians forced to flee the bitter conflict, the Alsous family settled in Yorkshire, arriving with no money and only a few of their essential belongings.

Although Razan had a degree in pharmacology, finding work in West Yorkshire proved very difficult, so she decided to start her own business.

In 2019 she recalled: ‘Initially I began searching for a job but despite having a pharmacy degree and a scientific background my lack of references and work history in the UK made it extremely difficult.

‘After some time I started to look at other options.

Eventually, she had a brainwave. Back in Syria, the family would eat halloumi for breakfast but in the UK she struggled to find a good brand.

‘As I couldn’t find a great tasting quality squeaky cheese anywhere in the supermarkets or local independent farm shops I then had a brainwave: why not create a business and make myself Syrian cheese from fresh high-quality British milk?

‘After just four months of production, we won the World Cheese Award Bronze Prize 2014/15.’

Her company, Yorkshire Dama Cheese, began in Linthwaite, in Huddersfield’s Colne Valley, but is now based in Sowerby Bridge after it expanded.

https://tinyurl.com/ts9h5dnw

Made quite a name for herself in Yorkshire and even appeared on celebrity Chef James Martins tv show, a fellow Yorkie himself.

https://yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/content/6-razan-s-story

Bulletguy - 2021-07-31 4:30 PM

This brave lady fled war torn Syria. A qualified pharmacist......but now a complete job change.

Refugee mum who fled to Yorkshire from Syria without a penny to her name becomes top cheesemaker

Many of us would struggle to move to a new place, but Syrian Razan Alsous has thrived in one of the hardest situations a person can go through.

After fleeing civil war in Syria with her husband Raghid and three children, Razan was forced to start again, and has become an award-winning cheesemaker after settling in Yorkshire.

Just like some of the five million Syrians forced to flee the bitter conflict, the Alsous family settled in Yorkshire, arriving with no money and only a few of their essential belongings.

Although Razan had a degree in pharmacology, finding work in West Yorkshire proved very difficult, so she decided to start her own business.

In 2019 she recalled: ‘Initially I began searching for a job but despite having a pharmacy degree and a scientific background my lack of references and work history in the UK made it extremely difficult.

‘After some time I started to look at other options.

Eventually, she had a brainwave. Back in Syria, the family would eat halloumi for breakfast but in the UK she struggled to find a good brand.

‘As I couldn’t find a great tasting quality squeaky cheese anywhere in the supermarkets or local independent farm shops I then had a brainwave: why not create a business and make myself Syrian cheese from fresh high-quality British milk?

‘After just four months of production, we won the World Cheese Award Bronze Prize 2014/15.’

Her company, Yorkshire Dama Cheese, began in Linthwaite, in Huddersfield’s Colne Valley, but is now based in Sowerby Bridge after it expanded.

https://tinyurl.com/ts9h5dnw

Made quite a name for herself in Yorkshire and even appeared on celebrity Chef James Martins tv show, a fellow Yorkie himself.

https://yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/content/6-razan-s-story

1 success story out of thousands and thousands really proves your point

Archived