Booing RNLI ...

Birdbrain

Speaking of s**tforbrains engaging his grey cells, I have found his source for the remarkable statistic he provides above about 60 deaths in the last ten years, it appears that Antthony cannot tell the difference between a lifeboat for escaping from a ship, and a lifeboat rescuing others. Oh and the sixty deaths are global.

https://www.ukchamberofshipping.com/latest/lifeboat-drills-we-need-save-lives-not-lose-them/

Jesus he makes Pelmethead look like a genius.....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2021-08-01 7:10 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-08-01 5:30 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-08-01 1:07 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-08-01 9:42 AM

Brian Kirby - 2021-08-01 9:04 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-07-31 7:05 PM

Real RNLI hero ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7489781/Lifeboat-skipper-51-quits-RNLI-grip-political-correctness.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top ... Like he says if he'd said what he says while an RNLI member he'd be sacked ... Prolly lots that think like him ... A proper full on hero

= RNLI soft on migrants = get the RNLI = here's a handy DM article critical of RNLI = RNLI now discredited, so national treasure becomes fair game = spurious reasoning. But hey - any port in a storm when the target's in play, innit! :-D

I'm trying to protect the RNLI ... Selfish chancers who could have claimed asylum in many safe countries before screaming for help in British waters should not be putting our brave RNLI lives at risk ... Try keep it real

Protect them from what, exactly? Going to sea in calm conditions, and rescuing people from grossly overloaded inflatables? You may not realise, being from a inland town, but the RNLI regularly exercise in their craft, even when it's rough. If they didn't, they wouldn't be much use, would they? They were doing what they signed up to do. The choice of customer is hardly theirs, is it?

Lordy ... Lifeboat accidents are obviously your speciality, not mine so I had to look up lifeboat accidents and it seems that in just the last 10 years some 60 crew have died with 145 injuries ... Those numbers were just from accidents carrying out the "regular exercise" you know so much about ... You know best

You raised lifeboat accidents, not me, and I made, nor make, any such claim. Yes, being a lifeboatman is dangerous: I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

I've read some wild deflections but have to admit that one took first prize! 8-)

But as our resident expert on migrants crossing the Channel, it won't have escaped your notice that the majority arrive on grossly overloaded inflatables. Such grossly overloaded inflatables would not survive even half way across the Channel' on anything more than a slight swell, let alone survive to enter British waters. In fact it is amazing that some (probably the ones we never see or hear of) , even get off the beach in a calm sea.

The string was about the disgraceful behaviour of some towards these brave men and women. If you re-read what I wrote, and then engage the little grey cells before replying, you may see that your above reply is 1) nonsense and 2) irrelevant. Over! :-D

Quite.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-08-01 7:17 PM

Speaking of s**tforbrains engaging his grey cells, I have found his source for the remarkable statistic he provides above about 60 deaths in the last ten years, it appears that Antthony cannot tell the difference between a lifeboat for escaping from a ship, and a lifeboat rescuing others. Oh and the sixty deaths are global.

https://www.ukchamberofshipping.com/latest/lifeboat-drills-we-need-save-lives-not-lose-them/

And it was a feeble attempt at deflecting.....the worst i've read yet! :-|

A member of Rhyl’s Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) crew has shared his thoughts on the recent controversy surrounding the charity’s work helping migrants at sea.

Callum Robinson, deputy press officer and full-time mechanic at Rhyl Lifeboat Station, believes there is a ‘bigger picture’ that critics are missing, and that the organisation will always help anyone in trouble at sea, irrespective of their background or origin.

He said: “If you speak to any sailors or people who work on boats, that’s what you do; you help people at sea. It’s not just an RNLI thing.

“The RNLI was founded nearly 200 years ago, and the man who founded it (William Hillary) said in the charter that it’s to help anybody and everybody in trouble at sea.

“No matter where they’re from and who they are, if they’re in danger, we’ll go and help them.”

Callum followed his father into the RNLI, volunteering for 12 years before becoming one of two full-time members of Rhyl’s 35-man crew.

https://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/19481011.rhyl-rnli-mechanic-supports-charity-following-migrants-debate/

1711715325_RNLI04.JPG.6120a56ab91620e3b51b84883aa4aa84.JPG

CurtainRaiser - 2021-08-01 7:17 PM

Thank you. I got nowhere, but then I was entering "RNLI lifeboat accidents" as the search, and got only (mercifully) a handful of hits, most of which gained high publicity at the time (and involved attempted rescues in appalling sea conditions).

I was suspicious of the number quoted over the 10 year timescale, and the fact that memory told me I hadn't seen anything about an average of 6 RNLI lifeboat crew being lost in any one year, leave alone every year. Such accidents are invariably given huge publicity if they happen.

Null points, I think! :-D

Bulletguy - 2021-08-01 4:10 PM

Real RNLI hero ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7489781/Lifeboat-skipper-51-quits-RNLI-grip-political-correctness.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top ... Like he says if he'd said what he says while an RNLI member he'd be sacked ... Prolly lots that think like him ... A proper full on hero

= RNLI soft on migrants = get the RNLI = here's a handy DM article critical of RNLI = RNLI now discredited, so national treasure becomes fair game = spurious reasoning. But hey - any port in a storm when the target's in play, innit! :-D

I'm trying to protect the RNLI ... Selfish chancers who could have claimed asylum in many safe countries before screaming for help in British waters should not be putting our brave RNLI lives at risk ... Try keep it real

Protect them from what, exactly? Going to sea in calm conditions, and rescuing people from grossly overloaded inflatables? You may not realise, being from a inland town, but the RNLI regularly exercise in their craft, even when it's rough. If they didn't, they wouldn't be much use, would they? They were doing what they signed up to do. The choice of customer is hardly theirs, is it?

This is a short compilation of various lifeboat rescues in some pretty severe weather conditions. The RNLI never refuse a 'shout' and take to the sea whatever the weather.

As usual Antonys venom is no other reason than his dislike of migrants who he describes as "drunk male chancers high on drugs and booze", (yet has the gall to accuse other fm's of 'going all Hollywood' *-) ). He won't read either of these articles as neither are conducive to his anti-migrant/refugee narrative, one by Oxford University Faculty of Law, explaining the legal obligation under maritime law to saving lives of people at sea. Farage should read up on this too.

There is a duty pursuant to international law for a ship to attempt the rescue of persons at danger at sea. This duty is based on a long-standing and strongly felt moral obligation among seafarers. This is stated, for example, in the United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) Article 98 the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), Regulation V-33. All states recognize this duty.

One implication of this rule is that a state cannot legally prohibit its vessels from rescuing persons at sea: states must accept that their vessels engage in rescue operations.

It is sometimes suggested that migrant vessels heading from Africa to Europe are so unseaworthy, overloaded and in such bad shape, that they are unlikely to make it to the destination. It is thus suggested that the rules of maritime rescue do not apply. I can see no legal basis for this argument. Most likely, the majority of ships in the need of a rescue have ended up in this situation because they are unseaworthy, and it would be quite harsh that passengers should pay with their lives for not having ensured the seaworthiness of the vessel.

Non-assistance to refugees and migrants at sea is not a legal option.

https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/research-subject-groups/centre-criminology/centreborder-criminologies/blog/2020/03/duty-rescue

Distress at sea doesn't just arise when people are in the water and in danger of drowning, but when a person, the ship itself or a valuable cargo is in imminent danger. So it doesn't have to be bad weather,

Distress at sea arises, for example, when a ship is completely overloaded, so that one small wave or movement on board is enough to make it capsize. So with the boats that cross the Mediterranean with migrants and refugees, you almost have to consider them all as cases of distress at sea, because they are mostly not seaworthy, and that means there is a real and present danger.

https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/21314/sea-rescue-what-the-law-says

Actually Cruella is trying to put through legislation which could land you in prison if you rescue an asylum seeker at sea. I am sure this would be in contradiction of international maritime law but on paper it could mean that the RNLI or indeed any UK citizen in any vessel that assists in the rescue of asylum seekers drowning in the channel could face prosecution. Is this how low we have stooped? It makes me thoroughly ashamed of my country (Well our government).

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2021/07/priti-patel-making-it-illegal-uk-rescue-asylum-seekers

Interesting view on it all here.

Of course like the bloke in the Vlog says how likely is it that they would dare to try and prosecute the RNLI for saving lives. Probably relying on the fear of being prosecuted but its just disgusting. What a vile human being she is.

Barryd999 - 2021-08-02 6:42 PM

This is a short compilation of various lifeboat rescues in some pretty severe weather conditions. The RNLI never refuse a 'shout' and take to the sea whatever the weather.

As usual Antonys venom is no other reason than his dislike of migrants who he describes as "drunk male chancers high on drugs and booze", (yet has the gall to accuse other fm's of 'going all Hollywood' *-) ). He won't read either of these articles as neither are conducive to his anti-migrant/refugee narrative, one by Oxford University Faculty of Law, explaining the legal obligation under maritime law to saving lives of people at sea. Farage should read up on this too.

There is a duty pursuant to international law for a ship to attempt the rescue of persons at danger at sea. This duty is based on a long-standing and strongly felt moral obligation among seafarers. This is stated, for example, in the United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) Article 98 the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), Regulation V-33. All states recognize this duty.

https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/research-subject-groups/centre-criminology/centreborder-criminologies/blog/2020/03/duty-rescue

Distress at sea doesn't just arise when people are in the water and in danger of drowning, but when a person, the ship itself or a valuable cargo is in imminent danger. So it doesn't have to be bad weather,

Distress at sea arises, for example, when a ship is completely overloaded, so that one small wave or movement on board is enough to make it capsize. So with the boats that cross the Mediterranean with migrants and refugees, you almost have to consider them all as cases of distress at sea, because they are mostly not seaworthy, and that means there is a real and present danger.

Actually Cruella is trying to put through legislation which could land you in prison if you rescue an asylum seeker at sea. I am sure this would be in contradiction of international maritime law but on paper it could mean that the RNLI or indeed any UK citizen in any vessel that assists in the rescue of asylum seekers drowning in the channel could face prosecution. Is this how low we have stooped? It makes me thoroughly ashamed of my country (Well our government).

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2021/07/priti-patel-making-it-illegal-uk-rescue-asylum-seekers

Of course like the bloke in the Vlog says how likely is it that they would dare to try and prosecute the RNLI for saving lives. Probably relying on the fear of being prosecuted but its just disgusting. What a vile human being she is.

The poison dwarf is on extremely thin ice. If this bunch of clowns as much as attempted to halt an RNLI rescue the public backlash would not only knock them off their feet but knock them out of government which imo the sooner we get shut of this shower of sh1t the better.

As the RNLI said in your Statesman link, “Our lifeboats operate under international maritime law, which states we are permitted and indeed obligated to enter the waters of other territories for search and rescue purposes… Our lifesavers are compelled to go to those in need without judgement of how they came to be in the water.”

Thats good enough for me.

Johnsons government is nothing but a bunch of racist scum using dog whistle tactics to summon up their swamp dwellers.

Their racist rag has also gone full on against the RNLI claiming they've been "turning down calls from stricken boaters as they're too busy carrying migrants ashore" and supporters have cancelled donations. I'm not linking it as i'm not giving air to the anti RNLI lying rag so you can look at it if you want to,

Bulletguy - 2021-08-02 7:26 PM

The poison dwarf is on extremely thin ice. If this bunch of clowns as much as attempted to halt an RNLI rescue the public backlash would not only knock them off their feet but knock them out of government which imo the sooner we get shut of this shower of sh1t the better.

As the RNLI said in your Statesman link, “Our lifeboats operate under international maritime law, which states we are permitted and indeed obligated to enter the waters of other territories for search and rescue purposes… Our lifesavers are compelled to go to those in need without judgement of how they came to be in the water.”

Johnsons government is nothing but a bunch of racist scum using dog whistle tactics to summon up their swamp dwellers.

Their racist rag has also gone full on against the RNLI claiming they've been "turning down calls from stricken boaters as they're too busy carrying migrants ashore" and supporters have cancelled donations. I'm not linking it as i'm not giving air to the anti RNLI lying rag so you can look at it if you want to,

"poison dwarf, bunch of clowns, shower of sh1t, bunch of racist scum, swamp dwellers, racist rag, anti RNLI lying rag" ... Grandpas bedtime reading for the grandkids

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-08-01 4:58 PM

I would have loved to have joined as crew when I Was younger and fitter had I lived near the sea. Boats are in my blood I guess, always have been.

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Birdbrain - 2021-08-02 7:32 PM

"poison dwarf, bunch of clowns, shower of sh1t, bunch of racist scum, swamp dwellers, racist rag, anti RNLI lying rag" ... Grandpas bedtime reading for the grandkids

Have you not taken to the lifeboats yet?

Still drowning in your sea of hate.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-08-02 8:03 PM

So says the Corbynist 8-) 8-) 8-) ............

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.d0a061f0ffea3adc0849358d68472430.jpg

CurtainRaiser - 2021-08-02 8:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-08-02 7:32 PM

Have you not taken to the lifeboats yet?

SFH Please

As has been pointed out to you..

Immigrants pass through EU countries because they have no black economy that they could disappear into.

Like England's covid ridden factories in Leicester

People at the sharp end have been saying for many years that if you really want to stop illegal immgration you need to clean up England's black economy.

But the English Government has its fingers in its ears.

They have long treated illegal immigration in a half hearted manner.

It drives down wages, drives up hosing costs, and causes the working classes to fall out amongst themselves.

All of which seems to suit the English Government

Same old Tory Divide and Rule, and blame the EU.

But now we have left the EU illegal immigration has increased.

So who are you trying to blame now

the RNLI *-)

John52 - 2021-08-03 6:38 AM

As has been pointed out to you..

Immigrants pass through EU countries because they have no black economy that they could disappear into.

Like England's covid ridden factories in Leicester

People at the sharp end have been saying for many years that if you really want to stop illegal immgration you need to clean up England's black economy.

But the English Government has its fingers in its ears.

They have long treated illegal immigration in a half hearted manner.

It drives down wages, drives up hosing costs, and causes the working classes to fall out amongst themselves.

All of which seems to suit the English Government

Same old Tory Divide and Rule, and blame the EU.

But now we have left the EU illegal immigration has increased.

So who are you trying to blame now

the RNLI *-)

Have you emptied out???

thebishbus - 2021-08-03 8:16 AM

I think you will find there are black economies every where, including EU countries.

Brian B.

Of course, but you certainly wouldn't find covid ridden sweatshops employing illegal immigrants in France like there are in Leicester.

Or slum landlords housing them in illegal HMOs

because they have proper inspectors instead of a Government that only pays lip service to it.

Why else do you think they have to cross the channel?

John52 - 2021-08-03 7:52 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-08-03 7:17 PM

Have you emptied out???

just about to :-D

Chuckle ... BTW its not trolling to challenge lies ... Heres one of your lies being challenged ... The one where you twice unbelievably claimed EU countries have no black economy ... https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/09/where-the-worlds-shadow-economies-are-firmly-established-infographic/?sh=550ddf70742c ... You know best

Birdbrain - 2021-08-04 6:10 AM

John52 - 2021-08-03 7:52 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-08-03 7:17 PM

Have you emptied out???

just about to :-D

Chuckle ... BTW its not trolling to challenge lies ... Heres one of your lies being challenged ... The one where you twice unbelievably claimed EU countries have no black economy ... https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/09/where-the-worlds-shadow-economies-are-firmly-established-infographic/?sh=550ddf70742c ... You know best

Talking of lies can you quote me where I said that *-)

Birdbrain - 2021-08-04 6:10 AM

. The one where you twice unbelievably claimed EU countries have no black economy ..

thats what they call a 'straw man argument'

another of your favourites

• 2 weeks later...

Result. £120,000 plus gift aid, so probably close to £150,000

So I’ve been talking to the RNLI over the last few days about what happens next regarding the fundraiser. To be fair, I only posted it as a piss-take and I had no idea that it would get to £119,216 plus Gift Aid. I even incurred the wrath of Nige as well on both GB News and in The Telegraph, and so I would say ‘job done’ in one respect at least.

As I pointed out a little while ago, a new RNLI hovercraft called ‘The Flying Farage’ was always going to be a bit of a non-starter for both political and operational reasons, and I’m going to be honest with you all now - any sort of new lifeboat is also not going to be possible. You’ll see why in a statement I’ve had from the RNLI’s press office in a minute.

Having said that, I am pleased to confirm that the money that has been received (there’s a s**tload of it, isn’t there) has been ‘ringfenced’ for immediate operational costs in the South-East of England. To cut a long story short, your amazing donations are going to start saving lives WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT and I doubt that they will burn through that amount in a targeted area in just a couple of days.

Only today, there has been a harrowing tale of a boat full of migrants sinking in the English Channel with a tragic outcome. We may not be getting a right-wing themed craft, but in his own very special way Nige has managed the self-own to end all self-owns. The general outpouring of support resulting from his disgraceful comments will mean that lives are saved regardless of who the RNLI comes across in The Channel and where they have come from.

Here’s the full statement from their press office:

“The RNLI is incredibly grateful for the donations we receive to enable us to continue saving lives at sea and the outpouring of support we've received recently from yourself and the generous people who have supported your fundraising efforts has been overwhelming.

“We must always ensure the kind donations we receive are spent wisely so we can save lives as effectively as possible.

“That means, it is important that we have the right lifesaving assets in the right locations to meet the demands of that stretch of coastline.

“Currently this area in the South East has a full fleet of lifeboats. A hovercraft is also not suited to the type of rescues we typically undertake on that particular stretch of coastline.

“Our hovercraft fleet operate inshore in areas such as Southend, Hoylake and Morecambe, where there are large areas of tidal mudflats or sand where the surface is too soft to support land vehicles and where the water is too shallow for boats.

“Your fundraiser, which has been supported by so many generous people, will help power our lifesaving work though with the money raised helping to cover the costs of fuel for stations in South East England.

“This means those who supported this fundraiser are helping us with our mission to save every one, each time a lifeboat launches. Your kindness means so much to us, without you we could not save lives at sea.

“It can be anywhere between every twelve and twenty-five years that lifeboats are replaced, depending on the lifeboat class. This means that lifeboats don’t come up for funding very often.

“When looking to fund a lifeboat, the first thing we must do is check for any legacies we have received and allocate them first – we are bound by charity law to spend any restricted money at the first opportunity and why so many of our lifeboats are funded by people leaving gifts into their will.

“However, as boats are only a small amount of our annual lifesaving expenditure, we really heavily depend on the generosity of the public to support us fund the other costs that keeping our boats going to sea.

“Thank you from the RNLI.”

Just to add to this, it’s well worth remembering that I just chucked this fundraiser together in a few minutes before researching the practicalities (story of my life really), but I was clear in the original campaign that all funds would be paid directly to the RNLI for deployment as they saw fit.

I’m so pleased with how this has turned out. Anyone who has followed me for a while will know that I’ve pulled some stunts in my time, but this one genuinely takes the biscuit. It’s about a quarter of a million in total now just by acting like a bit of a dick on social media.

Alright it’s not Captain Sir Tom proportions yet, but it should keep me out of prison when the case comes up …

Donations are still open at bit.ly/flyingfarage

Archived